PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to Indy Sunday night...

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2011, 01:31 PM
This is another game coming up Sunday night that the Steelers pretty much need to win. The Colts have looked absolutely horrific the first 2 weeks of this season. They couldnt score a single td on the Browns at home yesterday until the final minutes of the 4th quarter. Kerry Collins has looked old and terrible these first two games. The Steelers defense should have their way with Collins and the Colts offense and should be able to contain Addai in the run game and the Steelers offense should be able to put up a decent amount of points this game. The Steelers should be able to win this game if they play like they are capable of by at least 10-14 points. Its going to be important for the Steelers to keep pace with the Ravens in the division and take advantage of the Ravens laying that egg in Tennessee yesterday. The Ravens have a tough game on the road this week at St Louis and then the Jets at home the following week so if the Steelers can take care of their own business the next 2 weeks in both Indy and Houston followed by 2 winnable games at home with the Titans and Jags the Steelers could very well be back in first place by the first week in October.

LatrobePA
09-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Anytime they play the Colts it's a must win IMO, Manning or not!

I don't read a whole lot into the past weeks for them, this is a hungry team that will give us their best!!

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Indy will be a desperate team Sunday night at home on National TV no doubt. They will give the Steelers a battle I feel but in the end the Steelers should be able to walk out of Lucas Oil Stadium with a win. I just dont see Kerry Collins being able to do a whole lot on the Steelers defense. If the Steelers play like they are capable on both sides of the ball they should win by at least 10 points like I mentioned in the first thread.

coldrolled
09-19-2011, 02:21 PM
but maybe???

Andrew Luck 2012 NFL Draft Sweepstakes: Colts & Chiefs State Their Candidacy

mel kiper says...
Mel Kiper Jr. has listed the Seattle Seahawks as one of the teams favored to select Andrew Luck in the 2012 NFL Draft. This basically means he feels that the decision to sign quarterback Tarvaris Jackson(notes) will turn out to be a bad one, and that the Seahawks will finish with a bad enough record to have one of the top selections in the next NFL draft.

if we lose to the Colts... It will get ugly in Steel Town.

SteelDad
09-19-2011, 02:34 PM
I have no doubts Indy will be ready to play. Their season is on the line. 0-3 is pretty much a guarantee that you aren't making the playoffs. With that said, I can't see the Colts defense being able to match up with our offensive weapons. Getting out to a lead early would be very advantageous in getting their spirits down as well as getting their crowd out of the game.

Side note: Look for a huge turnout from SteelersNation in Indy. Lots of Colts fans selling off their tix with no Manning.

Nolrog
09-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Steelers better not take this team lightly. We aren't the Ravens who won their Super Bowl on opening week. We're the Steelers who expect to be playing in late February or March or April, whenever they hold the game these days.

I want to see a strong passing game from Ben, Mendenhal with over 120 yards rushing and the D with a strong effort, a couple turn overs and a defensive TD. That's all I ask for. . . .Oh, and a special teams TD would be good too. That's all I need. . . .

DBR96A
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Kerry Collins has a better passer rating against the Steelers than Peyton Manning does. Just wanted to point that out for everybody expecting a slam dunk.

LatrobePA
09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Kerry Collins has a better passer rating against the Steelers than Peyton Manning does. Just wanted to point that out for everybody expecting a slam dunk.

I agree, but that was in his "younger" days, he's aged a bit in football years since then..

Still they have a defense right? So that is why I agree this is no slam dunk!

mwittman5
09-19-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree, but that was in his "younger" days, he's aged a bit in football years since then..

Still they have a defense right? So that is why I agree this is no slam dunk!

Also remember that Collins had Chris johnson in Tennessee so safeties focused on playing the run rather than defending the pass. Colts don't have much of a run game.

SteelDad
09-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Collins is still a capable quarterback, but he will need a strong running game in order to be effective IMO on Sunday night.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Indy will be a desperate team Sunday night at home on National TV no doubt. They will give the Steelers a battle I feel but in the end the Steelers should be able to walk out of Lucas Oil Stadium with a win. I just dont see Kerry Collins being able to do a whole lot on the Steelers defense. If the Steelers play like they are capable on both sides of the ball they should win by at least 10 points like I mentioned in the first thread.

This is a game where they are playing for their lives. Everybody knows 0-3 is pretty much kiss your realistic playoff chances good bye. I expect them to pull out all the stops they can and really try to get after Ben. If they do that it could be a long day.

Stairwayto7
09-19-2011, 06:32 PM
All this doesnt matter! Doesnt matter how Indy has looked! Doesnt matter how well a younger Collins has played against us. This is a game we should have won regardless of who is at QB, if we start the season 02 in the AFC, that would be an additional nail in our coffin. Doesnt matter how bad the colts played against the browns, couldnt get any TD`s, its all about ourf Steelers. No excuses about who is or isnt playing, no BS about we were to confident. Win or else!

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2011, 06:51 PM
All this doesnt matter! Doesnt matter how Indy has looked! Doesnt matter how well a younger Collins has played against us. This is a game we should have won regardless of who is at QB, if we start the season 02 in the AFC, that would be an additional nail in our coffin. Doesnt matter how bad the colts played against the browns, couldnt get any TD`s, its all about ourf Steelers. No excuses about who is or isnt playing, no BS about we were to confident. Win or else!

I always like to look how at how a team plays against a weaker team then the Steelers are which is what the Browns are compared to the Steelers. The Browns defense shut down Collins overall and kept them out of the end zone and Hillis ran the ball very well and McCoy played solid as well. The Steelers are far superior to the Browns in all areas of the field so if play like they are capable of and dont have any huge letdown they should have no problems walking out of Indy with a win Sunday night and all but kill the Colts playoff chances by putting them at 0-3. Im with you for sure when you say the Steelers cant afford to start 0-2 in the AFC. You gotta win these conference games because they become huge later on in the season when it comes down to tiebrakers and getting a bye week and homefield advantage.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-19-2011, 09:31 PM
What concerns me the most is there Defensive line against our O-Line i believe that will be the difference in this game imo...

Black@Gold Forever32
09-20-2011, 01:47 AM
The Colts D is built for a lead and since Manning is out I don't think they will be leading to much......Really if the Steelers score 21 points the win is in the bag.....The Colts are nothing without Peyton Manning......