PDA

View Full Version : Ravens lay an egg in Tennessee...

Troyisabeast_43
09-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Myself and 32 I believe said earlier this week that the Ravens could suffer a huge letdown this week based on what happened last week with the Steelers game and that's exactly what happened today it was great to see...The Ravens need to realize that 1 big game and one big win over the Steelers doesnt win you the division or super bowl after 1 week. The Steelers got a big break today in that game and now they have to go into Indy next week facing a 0-2 Colts team that looked very bad at home against the Browns today. Thank you once again to the Titans for slapping the arrogant pompous Ravens back down and showing everybody they are still overrated..

JensK
09-18-2011, 04:36 PM
If anything, that game might just have been as much of a wake-up call for the Ravens as the game was for Steelers last week.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2011, 04:38 PM
This was the Ravens super bowl letdown for sure. They came into this game thinking they were king of the world. Harbaugh was running his mouth about how great they were, the players blew their load in week 1 and it came back to haunt them. I said as well if the Titans can keep this game close they could win it, and how great is it today now! The Steelers dodged a bullet by losing last week, but now will be in much better shape.

Go 'Lers
09-18-2011, 04:42 PM
I posted a similar thread before the season and that awful Ravens game and I stand by it after week 2: I will still be shocked if the Steelers don't come out on top in the division.

Baltimore picked us apart last week. This week they were victimized by Matt Hasselback (remember him?) and the Titans in the post-Jeff Fisher era by the score of 26-13 and out gained by 203 yards. Pittsburgh on the other hand shut out the hapless Seahawks who still went to the playoffs last season and beat the defending world champions.

Of course anything can happen in the next few months but last week against the Ravens was still one game, one very bad game, but still just ONE FREAKING game. This season is faaarrrrrrrr from over and I wholeheartedly believe Pittsburgh is still the team to beat.

DISCLAIMER: I will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong but I'm going all in on the 2011 Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC North.

steelersbabex25
09-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Still? It's only been 2 games..

steelersbabex25
09-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Flacco's the greatest quarterback in the world. The Ravens are going to the superbowl. Harbaugh is the perfect head coach.

Yeah..

JensK
09-18-2011, 04:51 PM
Flacco's the greatest quarterback in the world. The Ravens are going to the superbowl. Harbaugh is the perfect head coach.

Yeah..

Change those names with the equivalent Steelers names and that sounds pretty much like most of Steelers nation pre Ravens game :duh:

Stairwayto7
09-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Its actually Baltimores to lose at this point. As much as I liked our chances, Balt domintaed us last week. And we dominated a horrible seahawks team, big deal. One week at a time.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-18-2011, 05:00 PM
This is so great, watching them eat crow. The fans were already talking super bowl, and now it's back down to reality. They clearly had nothing left today emotionally. At one point Flacco had a 0.0 passer rating in the 2nd quarter..LOL

steelersbabex25
09-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Off to the Ravens board to see how many people are blaming the refs.

coach
09-18-2011, 05:11 PM
This will be a good discussion after the next two games. They get Rams on road and Jets at home. We have two road games. Last year, our D was gassed in the Houston heat.

LatrobePA
09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Cinci is in the mix

JensK
09-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Cinci is in the mix

They are trailing Broncos right now.

Nolrog
09-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Its actually Baltimores to lose at this point. As much as I liked our chances, Balt domintaed us last week. And we dominated a horrible seahawks team, big deal. One week at a time.

Unfortunately correct.

Chances are, we'll finish with pretty much the same records. That's the way Pitt and Baltimore usually end up.

Baltimore can do no worse than tied for the head to head tie breaker.

Chances are that we'll both beat Cincy and Cleveland twice. Assuming that's true, Baltimore can do no worse than tied for the division record tie breaker.

Next tie breaker is record in the conference. Right now, we're 1/2 game behind, at 0-1 (Baltimore is 1-1.) The loss today to the Titans helps us more than if they lost to, say, Seattle.

This could all change of course, if Baltimore (or Pitt for that matter) happen to drop a game to the Browns or the Bengals (which again, IMO, is unlikely.)

That's why I felt game 1 was so huge. Set the tone for the whole season.

MattyVfromCT
09-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Off to the Ravens board to see how many people are blaming the refs.

Oh it will be even better than that with talk of the nfl conspiring to give us an easy game in week 2 so we'd have an equal record lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

steelchamp204
09-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Who gives a ****? They kicked our asses last week and have the right to run off there mouths and such. Until we beat them later this year there just going to keep running there mouths off. But lets not be making ravens threads everytime they lose a game now, thats what the ratbird fans do with the steelers, and were def a different class than they are.

steelchamp204
09-18-2011, 07:51 PM
After two games we are still behind the Ravens, I think its there to lose so far :)

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-18-2011, 07:58 PM
The only thing the Ravings have managed to accomplish so far is the Steelers beat down. The reasons for that were simple.
a. An arrogant Steelers team
b. Over confidence by the Steelers
c. Poor first game coaching
d. Most important: The dumb asses in Blatimore did nothing but prep for a Steelers game thinking it was more important than prepping for the whole season. They were owned today.

Don't see them going too far anytime soon.

steelchamp204
09-18-2011, 08:10 PM
The only thing the Ravings have managed to accomplish so far is the Steelers beat down. The reasons for that were simple.
a. An arrogant Steelers team
b. Over confidence by the Steelers
c. Poor first game coaching
d. Most important: The dumb asses in Blatimore did nothing but prep for a Steelers game thinking it was more important than prepping for the whole season. They were owned today.

Don't see them going too far anytime soon.

We didnt beat ourselves as you make it sound. Baltimore played a hell of a game. You got to give them credit even though its a hard pill to swallow

Black@Gold Forever32
09-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I took the Titans in my confidence pool...was the only one by the way.....:)

steelchamp204
09-18-2011, 09:13 PM
I took the Titans in my confidence pool...was the only one by the way.....:)

Nice pick man!!!:tt02:

DBR96A
09-19-2011, 12:56 AM
So which was flatter today, the Ravens or Kate Moss's chest?

Even a Jets fan at the bar I go to said that he saw it coming because the Steelers are the only team the Ravens even want to beat. I told him that that's a problem because they have 12 other teams on their schedule.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-19-2011, 10:54 AM
The Ravens players talked all week about not having a let down, they'll be focused, blah blah blah. The Titans clearly did their homework, avoided too many 3rd and long blitz situations, and did what they wanted for the most part.

bigplaysteel
09-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Myself and 32 I believe said earlier this week that the Ravens could suffer a huge letdown this week based on what happened last week with the Steelers game and that's exactly what happened today it was great to see...The Ravens need to realize that 1 big game and one big win over the Steelers doesnt win you the division or super bowl after 1 week. The Steelers got a big break today in that game and now they have to go into Indy next week facing a 0-2 Colts team that looked very bad at home against the Browns today. Thank you once again to the Titans for slapping the arrogant pompous Ravens back down and showing everybody they are still overrated..

We will be playing them down the road. Munchak may have them remembering they were a top contender for the SB not so long ago. He kept reminding them about how Bal messed that up. Uh! They were very motivated.

Just seeing some short clips you can't really tell much, but, their D was dominating and other parts went well. They also won without getting their run game going yet. They may well be the toughest game for the Steelers from that division.

Geez! I just noticed we get the whole AFC South in the next 4 weeks. Too bad they didn't get a chance to beat each other up first. LOL

LatrobePA
09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Where did all the TROLLS go this week??? Oh yea back into hiding!

steelersbabex25
09-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Where did all the TROLLS go this week??? Oh yea back into hiding!

FLACCO IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK TO EVER PLAY THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!!!

steelchamp204
09-19-2011, 04:55 PM
FLACCO IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK TO EVER PLAY THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!!!

On the baltimoresun.com ravens forum they brought up a thread that says "Id rather have Newton than Flacco" lmfao they are such drama queens

steelersbabex25
09-19-2011, 04:59 PM
On the baltimoresun.com ravens forum they brought up a thread that says "Id rather have Newton than Flacco" lmfao they are such drama queens

Sorry, let me clarify.

Last week: "FLACCO IS THE BEST QUARTERBACK TO EVER PLAY THE GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!!!"

This week: "FLACCO SUCKS! TRADE HIM NOW!"

Stairwayto7
09-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Who gives a ****? They kicked our asses last week and have the right to run off there mouths and such. Until we beat them later this year there just going to keep running there mouths off. But lets not be making ravens threads everytime they lose a game now, thats what the ratbird fans do with the steelers, and were def a different class than they are.

Amen I thought the same thing! We got drilled, then came back and beat a team that we should have. We better beats the Colts too!

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2011, 06:12 PM
We will be playing them down the road. Munchak may have them remembering they were a top contender for the SB not so long ago. He kept reminding them about how Bal messed that up. Uh! They were very motivated.

Just seeing some short clips you can't really tell much, but, their D was dominating and other parts went well. They also won without getting their run game going yet. They may well be the toughest game for the Steelers from that division.

Geez! I just noticed we get the whole AFC South in the next 4 weeks. Too bad they didn't get a chance to beat each other up first. LOL

That game is at Heinz Field though which will make a big difference as opposed to playing in Tennessee which is much tougher and a place where the Steelers have problems winning. I still like the Steelers to win 3 out of these next 4 games at the very least against the AFC South. I think they will definitely beat the Colts and Jags and at the very worst split with the Texans and Titans.

DBR96A
09-19-2011, 08:30 PM
The Steelers travel to play the Colts and Texans, and host the Jaguars and Titans.

Troyisabeast_43
09-19-2011, 08:38 PM
The Steelers travel to play the Colts and Texans, and host the Jaguars and Titans.

Critical 4 game stretch for the Steelers before getting into the real tough part of the schedule with Arizona,New England,and Baltimore before the cakewalk at the end of the year. I think 3-1 is definitely probable and if they can find a way to do that then they will be right there with the Ravens before their rematch with them in early November. The Steelers really cant afford 2 losses in this 4 game stretch. They gotta come out of it 3-1 I feel to be in good shape to still with the North and have a legit chance of getting one of those top 2 seeds in the AFC.

Real Deal Steel
09-20-2011, 01:21 AM
This was the Ravens super bowl letdown for sure. They came into this game thinking they were king of the world. Harbaugh was running his mouth about how great they were, the players blew their load in week 1 and it came back to haunt them. I said as well if the Titans can keep this game close they could win it, and how great is it today now! The Steelers dodged a bullet by losing last week, but now will be in much better shape.

This is just further proof oh how significant we are in the Ravens physche. They beat us and they act like they won the Super Bowl and then go back to being the losers they really are. Hahahaha.

You see how mentally weak the Ravens really are? When we beat them in a few weeks, they will be crushed and we can send Ray Lewis into retirement in a proper fashion. Where he clings to the year 2000 for his glory.

STEELyourface
09-20-2011, 03:20 AM
This is just further proof oh how significant we are in the Ravens physche. They beat us and they act like they won the Super Bowl and then go back to being the losers they really are. Hahahaha.

You see how mentally weak the Ravens really are? When we beat them in a few weeks, they will be crushed and we can send Ray Lewis into retirement in a proper fashion. Where he clings to the year 2000 for his glory.

I think you bring up a good point with the mental weakness aspect. Could another early loss start them steamrolling in the wrong direction?

Before the season started I said the ravens would go 7-9. I didn't think they got better. After week 1 obviously that didn't look like it was at all accurate, however they may have effectively gotten stronger in a matchup against us, but weaker against the rest of the league. I'm not ready to completely make that claim but I'm sticking with the 7-9 record I started with.

Spare me the you're crazy, I know what it sounds like. I'll obviously go down in flames if I am way off (and be the 1st to criticize myself), but watching their week 2 performance did make me believe what I thought was there may in fact still be. Way too early to speak definitevly on this subject either way, but I found it worth consideration.