01-14-2007, 06:04 PM
TACO STUFFED PEPPERS
2 large green peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded, 6 ounces each
1 pound ground beef
2 teaspoons Seasoning for Tacos
1 tablespoon salsa
4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons sour cream, for topping

Parboil the peppers in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain. Or place cut side down in 9x9" baking dish with a tablespoon of water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave about 5 minutes or so until slightly tender; drain water. Meanwhile, brown the meat; drain fat and mix with all but the sour cream. Fill the peppers and arrange in baking dish. Bake at 350 20-25 minutes or microwave, until hot and bubbly. Serve topped with sour cream.

Makes 4 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 345 Calories; 24g Fat; 27g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Wrap in a whole wheat tortilla shell and your all set

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
No tortilla....low carb! :nono:

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Whole wheat! Need the fiber. And the whole wheat lo-carb are awesome. I guarantee that I always have them in the fridge. I have atleat one a day. i actually ate one at Subway today

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I do eat some whole wheat low carb bread. But I've found that not all whole wheat stuff that I've found is low carb.

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 06:54 PM
I do eat some whole wheat low carb bread. But I've found that not all whole wheat stuff that I've found is low carb.

Not low but gOOD!

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Breakfast burritos on LC whole wheat tortillas, YUMMY !!!! CS, what brand do you get.. I have a hard time finding a good WW tortilla. I get some awesome ones from Trader joes, But, since it is 4.5 hrs away, I dont get there often...

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Breakfast burritos on LC whole wheat tortillas, YUMMY !!!! CS, what brand do you get.. I have a hard time finding a good WW tortilla. I get some awesome ones from Trader joes, But, since it is 4.5 hrs away, I dont get there often...Our grocery store carries low carb whole wheat tortillas in the health food section. Sorry, I don't know the brand.

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Yeh, we have a few here.. I just havent found one that I care for the texture and taste. The ones I get at Trader Joes are awesome. I was jsut wondering if there was one that someone thinks is better then another...

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Breakfast burritos on LC whole wheat tortillas, YUMMY !!!! CS, what brand do you get.. I have a hard time finding a good WW tortilla. I get some awesome ones from Trader joes, But, since it is 4.5 hrs away, I dont get there often...

Santa Fe Tortilla Co. 20 in a pack from Sams Club. They are a part of my daily diet, If you have trouble finding them, let me know, I`ll senfdthem to ou

But I need some perogies now and then Yummy.

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:13 PM
OK-- Well, I will be goiong to Sam's club this week... WIsh me luck!!! I bet they will have them.. What section are they in?

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 07:16 PM
But I need some perogies now and then Yummy.Geesh! Troublemaker wherever you go! Ok......so is this where I ask, "when am I invited???" :lol: :banana:

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:16 PM
OK-- Well, I will be goiong to Sam's club this week... WIsh me luck!!! I bet they will have them.. What section are they in?

In mine they were near the bakery, but my body fat percentage goes up three % every time I walk by there.

Let me know if you find them

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:18 PM
In mine they were near the bakery, but my body fat percentage goes up three % every time I walk by there.

Let me know if you find them

I will let ya know. Yeh, I hear ya.. My cousin works in the Bakery. I go there everytime I am in the store to see her.. Plus, they give out those HUGE cookies to the kids.. Geesh, you need a truck to haul them!!!

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:19 PM
I will let ya know. Yeh, I hear ya.. My cousin works in the Bakery. I go there everytime I am in the store to see her.. Plus, they give out those HUGE cookies to the kids.. Geesh, you need a truck to haul them!!!

If they hand me a cookie, It will be gone as soon as I get to the milk dept. LOL

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:21 PM
LOL-- cookies are not a weakness of mine-- THank goodness,...Cheese cake is tho!!!!

Oh-- I just thought I need to go post my cheesecake recipe!!

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:22 PM
I bought a Market Day Sugar Free Cheesecake from my daughters school, it was damn good

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I have had the Sugar free cheesecake from the cheesecake factory--- but oh the sugar alcohols!!! YIKES-- they do not agree with me!!!

Yummy though, for a minute!

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 08:21 PM
Geesh! Troublemaker wherever you go! Ok......so is this where I ask, "when am I invited???" :lol: :banana:

Anytime

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 08:25 PM
AnytimeHere we go....... :greengrin: