1 pound ground beef
2 tablespoons onion, chopped
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
8 ounces cream cheese
1 egg
1/8 teaspoon pepper
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (I used the kind in a can)

Brown the hamburger with the onion; drain off fat. Mix in the garlic powder and spaghetti sauce; season to taste and heat until bubbly. Meanwhile, soften the cream cheese in a medium-size microwaveable bowl for about 40-60 seconds. Stir until creamy; beat in egg and pepper with a spoon until well mixed. Blend in the spinach. Spread half the meat mixture evenly in the bottom of a greased, 8 x 8" glass baking pan. Spread spinach mixture over the meat; top with the mozzarella, then the rest of the meat. It may not completely cover the top, but that's ok. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Or, cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner then microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes; then reduce to MEDIUM and cook for another 7-10 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.

Makes 6-9 servings
Can be frozen

Per 1/6 Recipe: 368 Calories; 28g Fat; 23g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
Per 1/9 Recipe: 246 Calories; 19g Fat; 15g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

AZ_Steeler
01-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Can something else be substituted for the cream cheese... like maybe ricotta cheese? :dunno: I would like to try this for my wife but she's not into the cream cheese :D Plus I will be substituting ground turkey for the beef.

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:21 PM
I dont see why not AZ!! there is a substitute mehtod to this recipe too, this is how I make it, but let me see what is different int he sub recipe.. I have used Ground turkey before as well as even making it meatless and it is GOOD. I very rarely eat meat, so most things I make meatless if I can.
I will check out the substitute recipe and see what it says!

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:25 PM
I`ll give it a shot someday soon. Lo Carb is good, although Lo-Glycemic carbs are needed!

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:27 PM
:nono: SSSHhhhhhh ! FCG will put a crust on it! LOL LOL LOL

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:27 PM
No luck... It just has sausage and stuff .... AZ, if you use Ricotta made add some fresh grated parm and a well beaten egg ot it.. this will just help hold the cheese together more like cream cheese. Truly you can not even tell it is cream cheese, I think it is there for texture. BUt, yeh if someone does not like it you do not want to cook with it..

SO, use the ricotta, just add the egg and parm to make it stick better...

Lemme know how she likes it!!!

I have a recipe for spinach and portabella stuffed shells too-- with Ricotta!!! They have no MEAT and are DELISH!!

AZ_Steeler
01-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Cool! Thanks Mrs.SF I will give this a try real soon!

Not sure about the stuffed shells... sounds like a lot of work! :lol:

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Well, my recipes are a mixture of BOTH CS!! started on Atkins which is low carb, but way too much fat for me.. SO I moved on to South beach.. I tend to stick with low glycemic carbs.. AS, the reason I low carb is due to weight gain and metabolic disruption caused by long term steroid (prednisone and solumedrol) use. SO, I try to maintain a good insulin and glucose level at all times..

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Well, my recipes are a mixture of BOTH CS!! started on Atkins which is low carb, but way too much fat for me.. SO I moved on to South beach.. I tend to stick with low glycemic carbs.. AS, the reason I low carb is due to weight gain and metabolic disruption caused by long term steroid (prednisone and solumedrol) use. SO, I try to maintain a good insulin and glucose level at all times..

Those two drugs suck. My mother has been on and off for years. Without the predisone, she feels like she is dying, and it will kill you if you take it to long. ?? I hope all is getting better for you.

On my website I have a few lo-carb recipes. The site is under major reconstruction, but there are more recipes coming. And if you dont mind when I change thme from time to time, I would like to list your recipe and put your name on it?

atgsportsnutrition@sbcglobal.net

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 07:41 PM
:nono: SSSHhhhhhh ! FCG will put a crust on it! LOL LOL LOLHEY! Quit picking on me! I don't even eat crust anymore....I even scrape my pizza!!! Uggghhhhh! :nahnah:

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:43 PM
HEY! Quit picking on me! I don't even eat crust anymore....I even scrape my pizza!!! Uggghhhhh! :nahnah:

Just wanted to see if you s:stirpot: ee awake.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah...you're a :stirpot: alright....troublemaker! :beer4: (Mich ultra amber in mine of course)

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Yeah...you're a :stirpot: alright....troublemaker! :beer4: (Mich ultra amber in mine of course)

You not alright with the :stirpot: ?????????????????

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 07:55 PM
You not alright with the :stirpot: ?????????????????:lol: Did you happen to notice the toasting smilies?????

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 07:57 PM
:cabbagepatch: :cabbagepatch: :cabbagepatch:

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Those two drugs suck. My mother has been on and off for years. Without the predisone, she feels like she is dying, and it will kill you if you take it to long. ?? I hope all is getting better for you.

On my website I have a few lo-carb recipes. The site is under major reconstruction, but there are more recipes coming. And if you dont mind when I change thme from time to time, I would like to list your recipe and put your name on it?

atgsportsnutrition@sbcglobal.net

Those drugs do suck, but unfortunately they help us as much as they kill us.. I am doing well, thank you for asking. You can use the recipes, but they are not MY recipes. I have got them from somewhere, so am not sure who to give the credit to.. Maybe do a submitted by: , but not an authentic recipe of mine..

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Those drugs do suck, but unfortunately they help us as much as they kill us.. I am doing well, thank you for asking. You can use the recipes, but they are not MY recipes. I have got them from somewhere, so am not sure who to give the credit to.. Maybe do a submitted by: , but not an authentic recipe of mine..

Understood, but with the new format I have people that I ask there favorite recipe and such. Most are bodybuilders and fitness comp. But its all good. Besides it would be cool to throw your name up there!

My other has rhemitory arthritis, and shogruns disease. So she takes all that stuff.