PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead to Seattle this week...

Troyisabeast_43
09-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Just a quick analysis of what the Seahawks did yesterday seeing that they lost to a pretty bad 49ers team on the road 33-17. The Seahawks looked really bad in this game and have some serious issues at QB. Tavaris Jackson didnot look very good at all for the Seahawks and Marshawn Lynch didnt really run well at all either. This is absolutely positively the best team that could be coming in here this weekend for the Steelers to tee off on and take their frustrations out on. Seattle historically has been terrible traveling out to the East Coast for early 1 o clock games. While I am not taking any game for granted especially after what happened yesterday in Baltimore if the Steelers dont beat the Seahawks by at least 2 TD's at Heinz Field on Sunday Ill be shocked. There is just no way that I see right now Seattle coming in here and winning this game Sunday with as pissed off as the Steelers will be after this loss in Baltimore;plus, the fact that they are just not a very good football team to begin with. I expect the Steelers to bounce back big this week and look for them to win this game against Seattle something like 28-10. What do you guys think??

SteelDad
09-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Anything short of a 17+ margin of victory Sunday will be a failure in my eyes.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2011, 10:14 AM
If the Steelers lose to Seattle they should be thrown out of the league. There is no excuse for them to not completely dismantle the Seahawks. Anything less than a 24-7 win is unacceptable.

LatrobePA
09-12-2011, 10:29 AM
They'll struggle, mark my words...

Scorp
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
Steelers shutout the seahawks in 07
Steelers defeat seahawks in super bowl 40
Seahawks defeat Steelers in 03

I can say with much confidence that we'll get a good win.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2011, 12:59 PM
The Steelers better score 40 on Sunday and the D better not give up crap......I'm thinking 42-0 blow out to correct the ship....lol

JensK
09-12-2011, 01:02 PM
The Steelers better score 40 on Sunday and the D better not give up crap......I'm thinking 42-0 blow out to correct the ship....lol

Haha, that would shut up some critics

Scorp
09-12-2011, 01:03 PM
We're going to see the Steelers of old Brothers and Sisters. The Dominating Steelers that hardly allow any points.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Haha, that would shut up some critics

Trust me I always will take a win and if the Steelers win 10-9 I will be happy but I do think the Steelers need to come out next Sunday and just blow out the Seahawks.......The Ravens needed to make a statement yesterday and they did....The Steelers need to make a statement of their own Sunday and they better......Especially all of the players that received their new big contracts.....Woodley, Timmons, and Polamalu its time to play boys........

Rampage
09-12-2011, 01:14 PM
While I didn't expect the Steelers to win (I wanted them to, of course), I did expect them to be in the game. After a loss like that, this Seahawks game has immediately become a huge game. If the Steelers lose, it's going to be bad news. I expect to see both teams fired up and ready to win, but if the Steelers can't win this at home after an embarrassment in Baltimore, they don't deserve to win many games. I don't expect some 42 to 3 blowout, but I would like to see them hold a comfortable lead for the entire game. Also wouldn't mind seeing young guys out there.

SteelJunkie
09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Seattle needs a win as bad as us. The key will be to get on them early and force Jackson to throw. Take Lynch out of the game since he is their biggest threat. Watch out for the short throws. After us getting pounded I fully expect a different team to show up next week, and dominate the Seahawks. Thankfully this lose came in week 1 and should motivate them the rest of the year.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2011, 02:20 PM
The Seahawks will try and mirror what the Patriots due to beat us, and what the Ravens did. Now whether or not Tavarius Jackson can pull it off is another story.

They won't just pound their heads into the ball trying to do something that won't work. Atleast you wouldn't think they would. If they see teams having success, they're going to try and mirror that.

The Steelers should fully expect to see the same type of offense and defense this week as they saw on Sunday. The Seahawks aren't on the same level as the good teams in the league but it doesn't mean they won't try and the same strategy.

Diehardsteel
09-12-2011, 03:16 PM
This two week stretch should be similar to the spanking we got by the Pats and the spanking we put on the raiders the following week, last year. It better be at least. If not, we're in for a long season and a good draft pick by the end of it.

Troyisabeast_43
09-12-2011, 03:32 PM
I expect that game to be something exactly like what happened to the Raiders the following week last year after the Pats game where we beat them 35-3. I believe a score similar to that will happen this week with the Seahawks who are not a very good team at all. No reason in the world to not beat this team by 17 or more points period...

STEELyourface
09-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Let's all be careful of falling into the same trap most of us were guilty of coming into week one (myself included). I'm hesitant to say if we don't put up X number of points or win by a a margin of this or that it is a failure.

While the seahawks don't appear to be a very good team they were a playoff team last year (I know it was w/ a losing record). This season just started and we don't really know how good they are or we are.

I fully expect to win and I believe that we are a much better team than we showed vs the ravens, but I am much more concerned with how we look on O and D, the level of intensity we play with, and how well we execute the gameplan. Those are the things I am looking for and want to see improvement in and am worried about much more than what the final score actually is.

LatrobePA
09-12-2011, 03:44 PM
Win this game and right the ship we win a bunch of games, lose or make it a close game, I could see an 8-8 at best record!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2011, 05:25 PM
I fully expect, and we should all expect, to see this team come out with a vengeance and completely destroy Seattle. That's what good teams do when they lose, and lose badly. They come back the next week refocused and play the way they are capable of. This is one of those game where clearly the better team is the home team and if the Steelers don't play like it, they are in trouble.

Just squeaking by with a last minute rally to win the game is no acceptable. There is no excuse to do anything but destroy the Seahawks.

Having said that, they won't just roll over and die for us. We will have to earn it, and this team plays like we think they all can, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

JensK
09-12-2011, 05:31 PM
I fully expect, and we should all expect, to see this team come out with a vengeance and completely destroy Seattle. That's what good teams do when they lose, and lose badly. They come back the next week refocused and play the way they are capable of. This is one of those game where clearly the better team is the home team and if the Steelers don't play like it, they are in trouble.

Just squeaking by with a last minute rally to win the game is no acceptable. There is no excuse to do anything but destroy the Seahawks.

Having said that, they won't just roll over and die for us. We will have to earn it, and this team plays like we think they all can, then it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Seahawks must feel that this is a great opportunity to go out and beat one of the top tier teams in the league, a thing which they have not been close at for quite some time (but that strange Saints game). I watched their game against Niners. Their offense is still a wreck, although they have some pretty good names there (Sidney Rice did not play). Their defense, on the other hand, played a pretty good game, much better than the score actually indicates.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2011, 06:23 PM
They will most definitely have confidence coming into this game. In their minds they have a good chance to beat the Steelers if they play the right type of offense.

It's up to the Steelers to end this game early just like Ravens did on Sunday. Letting a young team hang around just gives them more confidence late in the game.

From BRC's DROID X of Awesomeness

Goodfrom55
09-12-2011, 06:26 PM
I would like to think the Steelers will do to Seattle what Baltimore did to the Steelers. Steelers just need to come out, not "overdo" it, but execute their game plan, play smart defense, block on the O-Line and play Steeler football.

Face it, the Steelers needed a kick in the *** to deflate some off the egos. Better in week 1 than week 14.

Rampage
09-12-2011, 06:31 PM
You know what my dream scenario would be? Seeing one or two young guys coming in on rotations and outplaying vets to win a spot. Some thirst and drive would be pretty good. Pretty, pretty good.

STEELyourface
09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
You know what my dream scenario would be? Seeing one or two young guys coming in on rotations and outplaying vets to win a spot. Some thirst and drive would be pretty good. Pretty, pretty good.

Pretty, pretty, pretty good :lol: Is that from Curb??

A little healthy competition is never a bad thing? I know a lot of us talked about a solid WR rotation to keep guys fresh, getting playing time, and to wear down opposing defenses. Well, why not get something like that going on in our secondary? At least until someone establishes themselves as the superior player.

I still say I'd LOVE to see them move Mundy over to CB and turn him loose. I watched him play some cover corner in college and I know he's capable. I realize NFL isn't college but at this point it couldn't hurt to try it.

Goodfrom55
09-12-2011, 06:38 PM

Hey, if they're on the 40 man gameday roster, then why shouldn't they play, especially if a "regular " is ineffective? I agree 100%. Look around the league and see all these rookies playing on other teams, albeit in some cases out of necessity. Steelers coddle their draft picks, and I don't get it. Just because camp is over doesn't mean the position competitions are over, or at least they shouldn't be.

Rampage
09-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Pretty, pretty, pretty good :lol: Is that from Curb??

A little healthy competition is never a bad thing? I know a lot of us talked about a solid WR rotation to keep guys fresh, getting playing time, and to wear down opposing defenses. Well, why not get something like that going on in our secondary? At least until someone establishes themselves as the superior player.

I still say I'd LOVE to see them move Mundy over to CB and turn him loose. I watched him play some cover corner in college and I know he's capable. I realize NFL isn't college but at this point it couldn't hurt to try it.

Definitely a Larry David reference. :lol:

I thought Mundy looked solid in the preseason; better than any backup we've had at that spot in quite a while. Let him play back there. If he sucks, cut him. If he performs, well, make Clark work to keep his start. The Steelers seem to be run like a company where they value the turd who can't do anything but has been around forever over the younger folks who know their **** and can perform if given the chance.

Hey, if they're on the 40 man gameday roster, then why shouldn't they play, especially if a "regular " is ineffective? I agree 100%. Look around the league and see all these rookies playing on other teams, albeit in some cases out of necessity. Steelers coddle their draft picks, and I don't get it. Just because camp is over doesn't mean the position competitions are over, or at least they shouldn't be.

It's one thing when you see bottom dwellers sliding rookies into the lineup, but when you see teams like the Patriots starting guys day one, you can't tell me that the defense or offense is too hard to learn: The coaches are too ****** to teach or they are over thinking things. I don't believe that the Patriots have a simpler system or a bunch of players rolling with IQs of 160: They coach guys up and put athletes on the field. They also don't let speds into the coaching staff.

If a guys gets a hat, let him play. If he can't do anything, cut him and move on.

Steelers_All_Day_43
09-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Even if we whoop Seattle, that won't magically fix our terrible offensive line. We need to make changes.

STEELyourface
09-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Definitely a Larry David reference. :lol:

I thought Mundy looked solid in the preseason; better than any backup we've had at that spot in quite a while. Let him play back there. If he sucks, cut him. If he performs, well, make Clark work to keep his start. The Steelers seem to be run like a company where they value the turd who can't do anything but has been around forever over the younger folks who know their **** and can perform if given the chance.

Nice, I love Larry David!!!

I'm saying move Mundy into the CB role. If he can't do it then move him back to 2nd string safety or hell start him at safety. I really think he can pull off the switch to CB though. I know trying it for a little bit couldn't hurt anything either way.

Rampage
09-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Nice, I love Larry David!!!

I'm saying move Mundy into the CB role. If he can't do it then move him back to 2nd string safety or hell start him at safety. I really think he can pull off the switch to CB though. I know trying it for a little bit couldn't hurt anything either way.

****, he couldn't be worse than Gay in the nickel. As a matter of fact, maybe he could be better due to his size. They say Gay has speed, but what good is it whenever all you use it for is chasing down receivers as they step into the endzone?

Goodfrom55
09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Next to me, Gay might have speed, but on a field, even my wife can't understand how he made the team this year.

Farrior Fan
09-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Sorry guys but Seattle is going to wreck us. Here is why. Mike Tomlin is our coach.

J. Scott couldn't make my high school team. Coach Tomlin couldn't win a peewee league game if the teams were evenly matched and I was the opposing coach. If you do not know that Legs and Scott were going to get destroyed then you have less vision than Hellen Keller (no offense to Ms. keller...I don't think you are nearly as blind as coach T). Ms. Keller would also pull the franchise QB when she was down by 899373 points with 2 seconds to go in the 4th qtr. Ms. Keller would have known that Rice was torching us and done SOMETHING to stop it. Ms. keller would have pulled 92 before the 4th qtr. Ms. Keller would have brought in a FB to help block against the guys killing ur franchise QB. Ms. Keller would have fired BA 2 years ago. Ms. Keller would have no allegiance to our fossils (A. Smith, Farrior (check out my screenname). If you are no better than a FA that we can get for 2.2 mill then you do NOT get 2.2 mill. I'm just sad that we now have a guy who is BLIND running our beloved Steelers.

Nolrog
09-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Looking ahead to tape review today, I hope Tomlin ripped them a new one. The players and the coaches as well.

pimplydan
09-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Win this game and right the ship we win a bunch of games, lose or make it a close game, I could see an 8-8 at best record!

Yes , I got the same fealing .

I'm sure the steelers will take care of business sunday but if they cannot , it may be a very long season

cmerrifield
09-13-2011, 07:53 AM
If we dont beat Seattle and the Manningless Colts then I am going to pretend the NFL never signed a labor agreement and football didnt happen this year.

Rampage
09-13-2011, 11:06 AM
If we dont beat Seattle and the Manningless Colts then I am going to pretend the NFL never signed a labor agreement and football didnt happen this year.

If they lose those two, I am hoping they do what the Lions did and get the #1 overall. Trade that away to someone else vying for Luck and harvest the draft picks. That way in three or four years, we would see a bunch of guys getting a chance to start.

:lol:

cmerrifield
09-13-2011, 11:08 AM
If they lose those two, I am hoping they do what the Lions did and get the #1 overall. Trade that away to someone else vying for Luck and harvest the draft picks. That way in three or four years, we would see a bunch of guys getting a chance to start.

:lol:

With our line, WE might need Luck. I never thought I would say this, but I could really see Ben pulling a Palmer, either trade me or I am retiring, I am tired of getting killed out there. Not this year or next, but I could see it if they dont start spending to protect him.

LatrobePA
09-13-2011, 11:12 AM
With our line, WE might need Luck. I never thought I would say this, but I could really see Ben pulling a Palmer, either trade me or I am retiring, I am tired of getting killed out there. Not this year or next, but I could see it if they dont start spending to protect him.

I just poured gasoline into my eyes and lit them on fire, you didn't just type this??

cmerrifield
09-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Ben is the most competitive QB in the league I think, but at some point his life, his brain and his retirement are not worth it. I wouldnt think less of him for doing it.

Rampage
09-13-2011, 11:18 AM

Honestly, I think the team's greed is catching up with them. By greed, I mean that they have been addressing other parts of the team and not the offensive line because Ben has been able to make plays. The thing is, you have a franchise QB. While he may not be one of the elite five that ESPN and fantasy gurus love so much, he is a winner and you have to protect him. You don't accomplish that by addressing the offensive line with multiple late round draft picks and UDFAs. Pouncey was a huge acquisition and I believe that Gilbert will be an asset eventually, but as it stands, I am only confident in the center position.

With Ben's style of play, he's going to be hit. That's about as predictable as the sun coming up. The issue is that he never gets a chance to stand in the pocket without running for his life. One of these years, it's going to be more than some bruised ribs or a separated shoulder and both Roethlisberger and the team will be finished due to poor protection.

LarryNJ
09-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Ben throw for 350+, Mendy have 130+ and defense have 2 to's and all will be good for a week.

Rampage
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Ben throw for 350+, Mendy have 130+ and defense have 2 to's and all will be good for a week.

Cliff jumping to planning to set up hotel arrangements for the Super Bowl. :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
09-13-2011, 12:55 PM
If we don't blow Seattle out...we will have issues ALL year long!

Troyisabeast_43
09-13-2011, 02:46 PM

The Steelers pretty much I feel have to win these next 2 games going into a tough game with Houston the following week. You cannot afford to go into Houston at 1-2 and a few games behind the Ravens which is likely what the case will be barely a month into the season. The Steelers have to keep pace with the Ravens much like they did last season leading up to that rematch here on November 6th. If they can do just that and stay 1 game back in the standings until they play again then the game against the Ravens last week will not mean anything. If the Steelers are a legit playoff contending Super Bowl team you absolutely have got to beat teams like Seattle this week who stinks, and the Colts without Peyton Manning.

Root4Stlrs
09-13-2011, 11:04 PM
While I didn't expect the Steelers to win (I wanted them to, of course), I did expect them to be in the game.

I guess I really hoped they would win but I was nervous about the game. It's what you say in the last sentence that made it such a tough loss - they weren't ever in the game. Except maybe for a few minutes when you thought they might make a comeback - after Manny Sanders scored.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-14-2011, 11:11 AM
The Steelers pretty much I feel have to win these next 2 games going into a tough game with Houston the following week. You cannot afford to go into Houston at 1-2 and a few games behind the Ravens which is likely what the case will be barely a month into the season. The Steelers have to keep pace with the Ravens much like they did last season leading up to that rematch here on November 6th. If they can do just that and stay 1 game back in the standings until they play again then the game against the Ravens last week will not mean anything. If the Steelers are a legit playoff contending Super Bowl team you absolutely have got to beat teams like Seattle this week who stinks, and the Colts without Peyton Manning.

I agree, as long as they can stay within a game of Baltimore they'll be fine come November 6. There is no way on this earth that I see them losing to the Ravens again in November. Close game or shootout they will find a way to win.

As far as Seattle goes, this is one of those game that you know the Steelers should win on paper. Talent both on the field and with the coaches is superior to what the Seahawks have right now.

However they have a good TE, they have Golden Tate, Mike Williams, Lynch at RB so I fully expect them to try an pull a similar gameplan to what the Ravens did. I just don't think there's any way Jackson can pull it off. This is the type of QB that the Steelers defense usually has for lunch.

Rampage
09-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I guess I really hoped they would win but I was nervous about the game. It's what you say in the last sentence that made it such a tough loss - they weren't ever in the game. Except maybe for a few minutes when you thought they might make a comeback - after Manny Sanders scored.

That's what left me disappointed, and I say that like when a parent tells their child they are disappointed. They didn't even show up for the game.