PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 06:41 PM
Here is a low carb favorite of mine.. All this lowcarb talk. I have been low carbing for almost a year now. I swear by it!! So I have TONS of low carb recipes, another forum that I frequent is actually a Low Carb one.. But, I love to cook food of all kinds, for entertaining and giving to others.

anyway here is my low carb Poppers recipe, we have it with Steak on the Grill at camp atleast once a week, have yet to meet a person who has not added it to recipe box.

Ingredients:
15-20 Jalapeno Peppers, Various Hot Peppers
6 oz Cream cheese
4 oz Cheddar cheese, shredded

In a bowl, mix cream cheese and cheddar cheese.

Put on latex gloves. Cut peppers in halves, clean out inside seeds and rinse well. Stuff peppers with cheese mixture. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

Let cool a few minutes. Enjoy! Yum!

Nutritional Info for entire recipe (w/20 jalapenos): 1083 calories, 93 g fat, 41 g protein, 26 g carb, 8 g fiber = 18 g net carbs

Per 5 whole peppers (10 halves): 270 calories, 23 g fat, 10 g protein, 6.5 g carb, 2 g fiber = 4.5 g net carbs

Enjoy!

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Oh my goodness....I love poppers and have all but given them up. Thanks so much for posting this. I definately will be giving it a try. My problem is that I LOVE the sweet cherry sauce that Applebees serves with them.....not exactly low carb! :banging: LOL!

Any more low carb recipes that you have to pass on would be very appreciated. :bigthumb:

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 06:53 PM
OMG FCG, I have TONS!!!!! anything in particular you are looking for??? I will post some thtat i have tried and send you a link in PM to one of the best low carb recipe sites on the web!!! It even had pictures!!!!I have tried tons of recipes and liked them all!!

TampaSteelGirl
01-15-2007, 09:50 AM
Mrs...you are making me so hungry in every post!! I'm sure you make your husband very happy with all this good cooking!!! MMMMMMMMMMMM!
I love these!!!!!!!

PsychoWard
02-11-2007, 01:40 PM
wow poppers i love them and will defintly have to try this one!

Blitzburgh55
02-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I love poppers but i just buy them at the store