PDA

View Full Version : Time for Ziggy and Heyward to get more time..

TheButt
09-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I only saw the second half...(was at my sons game)... but I dont remember seeing them in the game, were they ?

We need the youngblood.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Heyward was in. I don't know how much but I remember seeing him in there for a few plays. Don't recall him doing anything too spectacular.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Both guys did play today. The Steelers used their normal rotation on the DL to keep guys fresh. Heyward registered 1 tackle, Hood did not have any. Today was a rough day but the entire defense, and the young guys will get their chances soon enough.

Thisoneguy555
09-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Heyward was in. I don't know how much but I remember seeing him in there for a few plays. Don't recall him doing anything too spectacular.

He had a tackle. lol

Stairwayto7
09-11-2011, 09:23 PM
The time is now. Wow our defense will change next year, atleast 3 retire, Hampton,Farrior and Smith

Nolrog
09-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Stats aren't updated yet (individual stats on ESPN) so I can't look to see who did what yet. I'll try to remember to check tomorrow. I'm curious as to how much all of the kids played (not sure if I'll find that, but I'll look.)

Rampage
09-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I was scratching my head seeing all of the vets out there at the end of the game. Put the young guys in, let them hit and get hit to gain some experience then call it a day and unleash hell. Perfect opportunity to give young guys some experience, but I guess there was still a chance to get back into it whenever it was 29 or 32 to 7.

steelchamp204
09-11-2011, 10:35 PM
its obvious Smith is done, Idc what hes done for us in the past, Its Hood time on the dline, Smith can come in a SUB for Hood. Also they need to get Sly in way more often due to the lack of production from farrior. The time has come our defense isnt gonna be like it was two years ago. They need to be younger, we have the guys to do it, just doesnt seem like Tomlin is ready to face the facts that the vets need to sit more often.

LatrobePA
09-11-2011, 10:38 PM
It wouldn't of mattered today, the whole team from waterboy to coaches sucked ***!

Rampage
09-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I think this game was just a beat down and not the end of days, but we do need to see some of the younger guys get some more responsibility on the team. Smith, Hampton, Farrior, Clark and the like won't be here much longer. They bitch about guys not having experience, but do they really believe that trial by fire in the future is going to be the real answer?

Clevelandsux
09-11-2011, 10:53 PM
I agree, those guys are getting old. Time to get some young blood in there.

HUNT4SEVEN
09-12-2011, 08:33 AM
The time is now. Wow our defense will change next year, atleast 3 retire, Hampton,Farrior and Smith

:clap:I agree that was a embarrassing display of d-line play, it's time for the young blood,at the very least the young guys we have on the d-line should rotate every other series we have to get these guys ready for next year NOW:banging:

Rampage
09-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Here's my question: Why did Smith automatically get the starting job? He has excelled in the past, but past performance does not mean a whole lot now. Ziggy Hood or Cam Heyward should be getting the majority of reps, because Smith definitely won't be back next year, but I guess it will be better to throw those guys in with limited experience next year rather than giving them chances this year.

LatrobePA
09-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Here's my question: Why did Smith automatically get the starting job? He has excelled in the past, but past performance does not mean a whole lot now. Ziggy Hood or Cam Heyward should be getting the majority of reps, because Smith definitely won't be back next year, but I guess it will be better to throw those guys in with limited experience next year rather than giving them chances this year.

He's a VET, not the kind that works on buldging anal glands either!

Troyisabeast_43
09-12-2011, 12:47 PM
I mentioned this in another thread that hearing Tomlin say 3 or 4 times in his post game press conference yesterday that we accept responsibility for this loss and that performace we put out there today is going to real old and tiresome if the Steelers continue to lose games. I sure hope you accept responsibility for it Coach Tomlin who should accept responsibility for the loss the guy that cleans the **** up in the bathrooms??

JensK
09-12-2011, 01:58 PM
I mentioned this in another thread that hearing Tomlin say 3 or 4 times in his post game press conference yesterday that we accept responsibility for this loss and that performace we put out there today is going to real old and tiresome if the Steelers continue to lose games. I sure hope you accept responsibility for it Coach Tomlin who should accept responsibility for the loss the guy that cleans the **** up in the bathrooms??

Its not that I don't agree with you that Tomlin, at times, can be frustrating when addressing the media. However, I don't really see what he could have said differently seeing its the season opener. He can come out and say it was a terrible game and everyone is to blame (which is more or less what he did), but thats about it. Starting to change the whole roster after one game is not the way to go for a couple of reasons:

1. We played against a very good team, on their turf. Obviously we all wanted a win, but a lose is to be expected at times against good teams. Not saying this particular one was not humiliating, but it happens to all teams from time to time.

2. We have no idea yet whether or not this was a one-time performance by the team. They could potentially just have had a collective terrible day. This happens a whole lot in the NFL. Had this been week 4 against Texans, and we had lost the 3 previous matches, then yes: Start doing something roster-wise. Until then, give the guys a chance.

My point is, look at teams like Browns and Bengals. Whenever they face diversity, they start changing players left and right, and look how far that has brought them. I'm not comparing our situation to theirs, but I am saying that hitting the panic button already is a little early for Tomlin, and I thought his press conference reflected that.

Now, should we keep sucking and Tomlin continue to talk BS, then I'm all for demanding action!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-12-2011, 02:18 PM
The Steelers won't jump the gun and make wholesale changes at any position. They won't judge this team on 1 game.

As far as the young guys on the DL, they will continue to get work. The Steelers carry enough guys on the DL to be able to rotate them in and out all game long. You have too, to keep them fresh especially in September when it's hot and humid out. Heyward will get significant reps this year and so will Hood, you can count on that. Should something happen to one of the starters, those young guys will atleast have some experience to fall back on.