PDA

View Full Version : Well put the Ron Rivera talk on hold guys...

Troyisabeast_43
01-14-2007, 04:32 PM
The Bears just won in OT so we cant get him for at least another week. So it will be interesting to see what the Steelers do here this week and if they are quick to name a head coach or wait it out another week until maybe the Saints can beat the Bears. If the Steelers dont name a coach this week then you can pretty much bet the house that they are waiting on Ron Rivera. This has just turned into a complete and absolute mess here the last few days.

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Hope we dont wait to long, then get a no, if this is what they want to do!

Koopa
01-14-2007, 04:37 PM
just ****ing hire grimm already, they know that's what they are gonna do.......or hire tomlin, just end this pointless wait, there is no other good candidates out there

SteelerDan43
01-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Im sure they would not wait for him unless they knew for certain that he would accept, I'm sure that question was asked

Troyisabeast_43
01-14-2007, 04:44 PM
I gotta believe now with this rumor going around about Rooney calling Andy Reid to ask about Rivera and other stuff happening that he has got to be the leading canidate with Wiz officially gone now. They could also possibly go after a guy like Cam Cameron as well today a pretty good offensive coach with the Chargers if the Pats are able to beat them. The bottom line is here they cant take a chance and wait for the Bears and Rivera to be eliminated possibly not until the Super Bowl. That rule absolutely sucks that you cant hire coaches while their still in the playoffs. If we really do want Rivera like they keep saying here him being in the playoffs for the Bears is going to absolutely kill us the longer they stay in and if they advance to the Super Bowl. It could be the reason we hire a guy like Gailey or Mike Sherman.

AZ_Steeler
01-14-2007, 05:36 PM
This whole year has had us all :scratch: Some of the movves made by the FO involving players and now the situation with the coaches... I think it is pretty eveident that there is a changing of the gaurd really starting to place now with the daily operations. I know this has been going on for a while but it is really showing now... IMO

BlitzburghNation
01-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Hope they don't hire sherman or bailey ! Rivera,grimm,tomlin would be fine with me,,,,,,,,,,

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Guys, I am losing some faith in Art Rooney. Dan Rooney knows his game, but Art is being an dagger in this organization. For some funny reason, I noticed this in the video of the Cowher's Press Conference, Art and Cowher had some really frozen moments. They aren't getting along at all, and the Post-Gazette confirmed this. Art knows he will get the full control of the Steelers Organization when Dan Rooney retires or God Forbid dies. Guys I want to warn you now, when Art Rooney takes over, I have a bad feeling the integrity and passion Art Rooney Sr. had when he built this club and turned over to his son, Dan is going to go down the tubes.

AZ_Steeler
01-14-2007, 06:13 PM
that was something brought up in a nother thread HoS (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3173) We as fans don't really get to hear the whole story and what goes on behind closed doors at the Steelers office but their must be some differences between Art and Cowher because I did go abck and watch the video of the press conference and it was noticable.

Hopefully Art Jr. doesn't let this new power of his go to his head, he just needs to continue doing what the original Art and Dan have done in the past... no need try to fix what isn't broken!

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 06:20 PM
AZ, I am glad to hear you agree with me and seen the same exact thing I did. I got a bad feeling in my gut about Art Rooney cause he is going to blow this organization up if he doesn't stick to the family core and tradition of running the Steelers as a winning organization. Something is telling me there is going to be some changes coming when Dan Rooney is done running the Steelers, I don't like one darn bit. We need to keep that blue collar tradition. I hope the Chief has a long talk with Art about his ego and if he has any evil thoughts in his dreams. I know the Chief will flip a thousand times in his grave if his organization is tinkered with on values and etc.

Koopa
01-14-2007, 06:23 PM
who cares, just as long as he puts field turf.........also we have won 1 superbowl in a million years it seems like......maybe a change would be best lol

Ambridge
01-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Art Rooney looks like a smug snake in the grass and I wouldn't put it past him to sell the Steelers organization after his father is gone and he takes the money and run.

Back to the coaching speculation! ESPN talking about the Whisenhunt hire in Arizona are suggesting that the Rooney's want to one-up their own "Rooney Rule" by hiring Mike Tomlin, not Ron Rivera.

:banging: :cursin:

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Thank goodness you seen it too. Mike Tomlin, I am not comfy about this. I don't know anymore as long as we win that is all I care about.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2007, 09:20 PM
Remember guys, the Rooney's have alot of pressure on them right now. They have a tradition to uphold and a huge decision to make here so it can't be easy. The Steelers have let alot of players and coaches go over the years because they wanted more money, BC is no different. Don't be so quick to judge what's going on as the FO is falling apart or something. I could be that Art and company are sticking to the Steeler tradition come hell or high water no matter who the coach is. Im sure they were upset with BC for wanting alot more money and Im also sure that they saw his lack of passion for the game this year as we did too, which could be another reason they are ready for a change.