PDA

View Full Version : Redman to get more carries.

LatrobePA
09-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Redman to get more work

Isaac Redman said he's been told by running backs coach Kirby Wilson that the Steelers are kicking around the idea of giving him a series each in the first and second half to spell Rashard Mendenhall.

Redman ran hard through the preseason and offers a little bit of a bull in a China shop style. He deserves some more carries.

Read more about it in my story in Friday's Observer-Reporter.

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2011, 10:24 PM
This here excites me!! :grin1:

steelersbabex25
09-08-2011, 10:46 PM
As he should.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
That was normally Mewelde's job last year, I'd like to see Redman get the chance to get more carries. I was hoping this might happen, Redman always plays well when he gets the ball, this could be a good thing all the way around on the offense.

steeldoc
09-08-2011, 11:46 PM
This guy is good, and runs well between the tackles.:banana::banana::banana:

Thisoneguy555
09-09-2011, 01:30 AM
That's nice to see. Having a 2 headed running attack is good, especially with a guy like Redman, who can punch through for 4-5 yards every time he gets the ball.
Especially in todays NFL where running backs have short lifespans.

UKSTEELER
09-09-2011, 09:09 AM
Been a fan of Redman's since his Redzone pre-season days . .

Great to see it paying off for him, . . get him the damn ball.

Go Steelers :cope:

chisteeler
09-09-2011, 09:21 AM
He was my prediction for this weeks game changer!

DwightJJr
09-09-2011, 10:46 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol:No doubt

Redman to get more work

Isaac Redman said he's been told by running backs coach Kirby Wilson that the Steelers are kicking around the idea of giving him a series each in the first and second half to spell Rashard Mendenhall.

Redman ran hard through the preseason and offers a little bit of a bull in a China shop style. He deserves some more carries.

Read more about it in my story in Friday's Observer-Reporter.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing them explore the possibility of getting him involved in the passing game more too. We don't see him catch the ball much. Mewelde excels in that area and in blitz pickup, so if Redman is going on more responsibility then he'll need to be utilized in those areas too.

I'm sure he's more than capable of doing it.

SteelersWoman
09-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Been a fan of Redman's since his Redzone pre-season days . .

Me too! So many didn't have any faith in him because he got winded during his very first game, and acted like he wanted to come out of the game, (they thought he was gonna be a bust) but I felt it was a lot of nerves, and loved the raw talent I saw. Couldn't wait to see him in action after his nerves settled, and he didn't disappoint!