PDA

View Full Version : The "experts" picks

SteelDad
09-08-2011, 03:16 PM
Looking at SI, ESPN, PFT, etc and all I see is love for the Chargers. Can someone please explain to me why anyone can see them getting past their first playoff game?

Their division is crap so making the playoffs will be easy but we are talking Norv Turner here! He has done nothing as a head coach so why now? Rivers will have a huge year, no doubt, but the defense is not good and their kicker is a playoff choke artist.

Can't believe the people who have them beating us or the Pats in the playoffs.

Idiots.

LarryNJ
09-08-2011, 03:22 PM
They are a very talented team and Rivers is the real deal. It gets boring for them to say Pittsburgh, NE, Pittsburgh NE every year. It's like the Yankees and Red Soxs in baseball. They pick the Chargers simply because it's credible and a different team. Hell that's the reason I'm going with the Falcons in the NFC :)

Scorp
09-08-2011, 03:26 PM
For the past 2-3 seasons the chargers are or were favored to go all the way and they just pull a tony romo. Please. Why are they still giving them recognition? These guys are a joke. It's no surprise these guys are going to fall flat on their face once again.

I like Kurt Warner's super bowl prediction. He picked a Steelers victory in a rematch of last years big game.

Chargers....Please.

Rampage
09-08-2011, 03:30 PM
I automatically discount every pick that isn't the Steelers winning #7.

Thisoneguy555
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Well they did have the number 1 offense and number 1 defense last year... There aren't many teams in history that have done that, but they are dead last in special teams which has been their downfall. It's just best guess. When the Patriots won in 2001, no one even considered them a playoff team. Rams in 1999 were supposed to be the worst team in the NFL.

I actually saw an expert who said the LaMarr Woodley would be this years defensive player of the year and Mike Wallace would be offensive player of the year and the Steelers would be a front runner for the superbowl this year. So the Steelers are getting recognition.

jpele
09-08-2011, 09:12 PM
I automatically discount every pick that isn't the Steelers winning #7.

:yellowthumb:

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Rivers the real deal? What for being the Dan Fouts of his generation......Rivers will be a stat whore but will win nothing.......With his teams play-off lives on the line last year he couldn't lead his team to beat the lonely Bengals in Cincy.....lol Rivers played like **** that game as well....