PDA

View Full Version : BYE BYE KEN...Cardinals agree to terms with Whisenhunt as new Head Coach

Captcoolhand
01-14-2007, 12:45 PM
Ken Whisenhunt goes to the Cardinals to be their headcoach. TBA today

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 12:55 PM
We can only hope that the Rooneys have their pick sewn up......

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Ken is off to Arizona. Art Rooney does not have a clue as to what the heck he is doing.

Captcoolhand
01-14-2007, 01:05 PM
My Bad It's was The Cardinals Not Alanta but still HE"S GONE:clap:

The Cardinals have a new head coach. The team has come to an agreement with Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt on a contract, two NFL sources said Sunday morning.
Terms of the deal were not immediately available.
The 44-year-old Whisenhunt has a reputation as a creative offensive mind and should fit well with a Cards offense that has star power at quarterback (Matt Leinart), running back (Edgerrin James) and wide receiver (Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin).
Whisenhunt arrived Friday for a second interview, a talk that lasted, as planned, into Saturday.
The Cardinals also interviewed Texans assistant head coach Mike Sherman a second time.
Whisenhunt had been offensive coordinator for the Steelers since the 2004 season, following three seasons as tight ends coach.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I just heard at the end of Sunday Countdown, that it just came across the wire that Whiz was offered the position in Arizona. They asked Big Ben how he felt about that in the closing seconds of the show.

Ambridge
01-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Ken is off to Arizona. Art Rooney does not have a clue as to what the heck he is doing.

This whole coach-hire scenario with the Rooney's is starting to take on the appearance of a "Blunder of Epic Proportions".:banging: :banging:

The Rooney's better pull a rabbit out of the hat ala Ron Rivera or Steelernation could get rather ugly if they hire Gailey, Tomlin or Sherman.

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Who is the dumbass, Capt? TOLD YOU!!! Yes, It is official. Why the ****ing hell did the Rooney wait? DAMN THIS ****.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Whiz...HC in Arizona. Now we need a HC and an OC.........

Steelersfan
01-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Well I guess we know why they were interviewing other people now....lol

Troyisabeast_43
01-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Yea blame Bill Cowher the rotten piece of **** that he is he didnt go to bat for either one of these guys Whiz or Grimm. Cowher knows Whiz wont miss a beat here, and plus if Cowher comes back and goes to Cleveland like I think he will he doesnot want to have to face Whiz as coach of this team because he knows he will kick his ***. He recommended Gailey cause he knows he isnt as good as Wiz and it will make Cowher and his ego look better. This all just didnt happen over night guys. How did they go from being close to hiring Wiz on Friday to all of a sudden bringing in Gailey out of the clear blue. Ill tell you why cause Cowher couldnt keep his *** out of this thing. This is all a bunch of back stabbing by Bill Cowher all in the last minute. **** you Cowher and **** your family you make me sick.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 01:29 PM
If the Rooney's had signed on for the 7 mill last year that Cowher wanted, we wouldn't be talking about any of this....

Blitzburgh55
01-14-2007, 01:30 PM
PHOENIX (TICKER) -- Ken Whisenhunt apparently will not be Bill Cowher's successor in the Steel City. Instead, he is headed to the desert.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ascm11uOD9pmh9PrA4_Uetl72bYF?slug=cardin alswhisenhunt&prov=st&type=lgns

The Arizona Republic reported Sunday on its web site that Whisenhunt has been hired as the coach of the Arizona Cardinals.

According to the report, the Cardinals will formally introduce Whisenhunt at a press conference on Tuesday.

The 44-year-old Whisenhunt had spent the past three seasons as the offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he was a top candidate to fill the vacancy left by Cowher's retirement.

But the Steelers have delayed in their coaching decision, and Whisenhunt apparently did not want to miss out on other opportunities. Now he will replace the embattled Dennis Green, who was fired January 1 after three tumultuous seasons with the Cardinals.

(MORE)
:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin: :cursin:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2007, 01:31 PM
KFFL Breaking News
Cardinals Find New Coach

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals have tabbed Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt as the team's next head coach. Whisenhunt and the Cardinals have agreed on a deal, and Whisenhunt has begun to address his coaching staff, although it is believed he will keep most if not all of the team's defensive staff.

:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: Well so much for wanting to stay in Pittsburgh, huh Whiz !!!

Koopa
01-14-2007, 01:32 PM
good luck to you whiz, i don't blame you for leaving, the rooney's are horrible owners, and well good luck to you with even worse owners

Koopa
01-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Who is the dumbass, Capt? TOLD YOU!!! Yes, It is official. Why the ****ing hell did the Rooney wait? DAMN THIS ****.

well putting 2 and 2 together, you get that obviously they didn't want him, it's not cause they waited...

Koopa
01-14-2007, 01:43 PM
KFFL Breaking News
Cardinals Find New Coach

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Arizona Cardinals have tabbed Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt as the team's next head coach. Whisenhunt and the Cardinals have agreed on a deal, and Whisenhunt has begun to address his coaching staff, although it is believed he will keep most if not all of the team's defensive staff.

:cursin: :cursin: :cursin: Well so much for wanting to stay in Pittsburgh, huh Whiz !!!

he was probably told that he wasn't gonna get hired by the stupid *** rooney's, and why should he wait for the stupid ****ing rooney's??? he was treated like **** from the start..........

SteelerDan43
01-14-2007, 02:13 PM
I dont see it as that big of a deal, I didnt think that he was the best candidate anyway as he took a major step back as an OC this year so why the hell would he be a good HC? I still see Grimm Rivera and even Tomlin as more than deserving canidates

Koopa
01-14-2007, 02:25 PM
it wasn't his fault that ben was a stupid ****ing idiot and got on a motorcycle, and it wasn't his fault cowher rather play martyball then listen to ppl that actually knows how to call plays to win a game........

SteelerDan43
01-14-2007, 02:26 PM
it wasn't his fault that ben was a stupid ****ing idiot and got on a motorcycle, and it wasn't his fault cowher rather play martyball then listen to ppl that actually knows how to call plays to win a game........

He had the most predictable playcalling I have seen in a long time, it was like Mularky part 2

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2007, 02:30 PM
I can't imagine he didn't check with the Rooneys and ask them what his chances were before he took this job. What a bunch of ****, the Cards are getting a helluva good guy and someone who can work with Leinart and that offense in a big way.

Koopa
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
well it's kind of hard to do anything when your piece of **** defense allows ppl to score at will, and it's hard to do anything when cowher just wants to run the ball and punt early.....we played from behind to damn much this year, of course you're gonna be predictable

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Unreal, Wiz is GONE???????????? Looks like we`re starting over folks!

I hate to even think that Ben could end a Cardinal someday!

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 02:34 PM

This was my choice!!!!!!

SteelersfaninPhilly
01-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Unreal, Wiz is GONE???????????? Looks like we`re starting over folks!

I hate to even think that Ben could end a Cardinal someday!

We are talking the Cards here folks. I be surprised if Wis last three season there before he gets canned.

SteelerDan43
01-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Man you guys jump to conclusions fast, did you ever think that maybe he wasn't the first choice??? How does this even suggest Ben wants to be a Cardinal? Why would they even want him with Leinart there??

Koopa
01-14-2007, 02:40 PM
well i ain't one of those guys cause i've already said he obviously wasn't their choice

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2007, 02:45 PM
I cleaned this thread up a bit and merged Blitz's thread in with this one :bigthumb:

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I dont think that Grimms the guy, so tomlin or rivera??????????

TampaSteelGirl
01-14-2007, 03:30 PM
OMG!! this is quite horrible! What the Rooney's thinking? How could they let 2 extremely talented coaches go!!! He better have a good plan in his decision for coaches..I feel like we are falling apart!

SteelerDan43
01-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Its the same talk that happened the last time we got a new HC, we are not going to crumble because we didnt get the fan's choice of coaches

Koopa
01-14-2007, 04:41 PM
but we will crumble if we get anything other then grimm, rivera, or tomlin........i'll make sure of it lol.......i'll pray every hour that the steelers lose every game if we hire some old *** college coach or fagged out sherman

K Train
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
this really makes me think grimm is gonna get it, but rivera is still an option i want to see

SteelerDan43
01-14-2007, 04:44 PM
but we will crumble if we get anything other then grimm, rivera, or tomlin........i'll make sure of it lol.......i'll pray every hour that the steelers lose every game if we hire some old *** college coach or fagged out sherman

Because you know more about coaching and about front office proceedings than anyone in the Steelers organization. Im pretty sure they know what they are doing

Koopa
01-14-2007, 04:49 PM
**** you dude, get of my ****ing dick already, i'm allowed a ****ing opinion you dickwad

AZ_Steeler
01-14-2007, 05:25 PM
This actually came as a surprise to most of us here in AZ because we had thought and it was reported that it was going to be Norm Chow :dunno: not sure what heppened or if someone was just going trying to piece together a story but given the Cardinals success over the years Whiz probably won't be around long unless he can really turn things around. The Cardinals claimed a few years back that if they got a new stadium that they could call their own they would become winners, well after thier first year in their new stadium not much has changed! A bunch of off season hype that lead to absolutely nothing again this past year!

Whiz will have all the talent in the world and I hope he can turn it around for the Cardinals, but we'll have to circle the date on the calendar because the Steelers will be playing the Carindals here in AZ this next season!!!

So now what for the Steelers... this was one of my biggest fears becasue I didn't want to lose the HC and OC in teh same season because now I feel like the Steelers offense will be taking a step back learning a new system...

Steelerlyn
01-14-2007, 05:34 PM
A solid hire for the Cardinals you know he will commit himself to sorting the offensive line out and going with a power running game which should help Edgerrin James. I wish him well and thank him for all he has done for the Steelers. If he was he right man for the Steelers job they would have hired him by now, or so it seems.

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 05:56 PM
I am sick in the stomach over this. I see Russ Grimm's chances just went skyhigh now. Makes me wonder now, if we go outside, will LeBeau stick around as the D coordinator? I have a very bad feeling we are taking a major step backwards.

Koopa
01-14-2007, 06:08 PM
why??? it's not like he did great........any coach aside from sherman and gailey or wtf ever would be good......no need for a sick feeling in your stomach, grimm was your first choice anyway....and it's obvious whiz was never really a top candidate

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 06:13 PM
Yes, I will admit, Koopa, your right, Grimm was my first choice, but it is obvious now, they are going outside the organization for their choice. Throwing Gailey and Sherman into the equation really has me questioning the Rooneys big time right now. I don't think we can trust them, unless they pull a magic trick out of the hat and hire someone they think will be a winner. I am just nervous, I guess I am spoiled cause the Steelers in the last 15 years have been winners and that my friend is what we want to continue. The Winning Tradition must continue.

Friday133
01-14-2007, 08:01 PM
i don't know why everyone has their panties in a bunch. the rooneys are good owners no matter what anyone says. they know what they're doing, its not like they haven't run a football franchise in the past. so many people here seemed to know what the rooneys were going to do, that is why you are sitting behind a keyboard typing on a message board and the rooney's are out interviewing candidates. i have faith they'll make the right decision.

floodcitygirl
01-14-2007, 08:32 PM
I'm hanging on...trying to keep the faith. Gotta admit though...a new HC and OC...I'm a little concerned.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Grimm has to be a top candidate now; although think about this too, he didn't get a second interview for any of the teams he talked with which makes you wonder as well.

I don't know what to think other than the waiting is driving me nuts. Rumor has it we should hear more definitive updates by the end of this week.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-15-2007, 12:13 AM
I have said it all along they were going to go outside the organization.
Ya gotta have faith, In my lifetime of STEELERS football we have had 2 winning coaches. Noll was working before I got my "addiction" to the STEELERS, but was a winner after a rough start. Cowher came along and it was like, who's he?? 15 yrs later he's going to the Hall of Fame also. Only time will tell. :tt02:
I wish Whiz the best he has jumped into the fire, BUT look at the history of our Coordinators as head coaches... not real successful except for Dungy. Maybe the Rooneys are taking that into consideration. :dunno:
It's gonna be Tomlin or Riveria, IMHO.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Whatever move they make, I just wish they'd hurry the hell up ! ;)

Im still not sure we go outside the organization just yet. We never had an assistant head coach before Grimm came along so the team obviously feels he's got something good to offer or BC wouldnt have left him on staff as long as he did.

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Cowher came up with that title for him, but titles are pretty useless. Unfortunately it will probably take longer... They don't have much experience making this type decision. They have only had to do it twice in 30+ years :tt02:

Koopa
01-15-2007, 12:41 AM
i wouldn't mind tomlin cause he's young lol.....i don't know what he'd be like as a head coach but it would be cool seeing a black dude as our coach.....or a hispanic if we hire rivera

BlitzburghRockCity
01-15-2007, 08:09 AM
The fact that they've only done it twice in 30+ years is a credit to them in finding the right candidates. They're firmly intrenched in their values as to how to run the team and what's worked for them so they'll follow suit again this time around and we'll just have to keep waiting and waiting.

Prosdo
01-15-2007, 08:15 AM
Good luck Whiz. I was surprised to hear the news. I'm sure the Rooneys will bring in the right guy and maybe they felt Whiz wasn't the right guy. I'm thinking either Grimm or Rivera get the job.

Stairwayto7
01-15-2007, 08:27 AM
I'm hanging on...trying to keep the faith. Gotta admit though...a new HC and OC...I'm a little concerned.

FCG makes a valid point, now we need a new HC and OC, if Whiz was the choice atleast he could have help lead the Off.

i trust the Rooneys though1

TampaSteelGirl
01-15-2007, 09:07 AM
We just have to believe that they have a bigger plan than what we know..They wouldn't let this team go down the tubes, too much of a large investment. I wish they would get it settled too but perhaps patience is a virtue and they have a big plan brewing out there...:tt02: