PDA

View Full Version : Golic picks Steelers

SteelDad
09-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Thankfully the smarter of the Mike and Mike duo picked the Steelers to beat the Falcons in SBXLVI.

Greeny has Chargers over Eagles. Idiot.

LarryNJ
09-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I like Mike! :lol:

Rampage
09-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Even though he picked GB in the SB, I always like what he has to say. Unlike a lot of the talking heads, he usually offers valuable insight.

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Chargers even in it?????? Doubt it..

coldrolled
09-08-2011, 12:54 PM
Kurt Warner called the Steelers over the Packers in a 2011 rematch

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-08-2011, 01:18 PM
Get through the first six games. Then analyze. Just sayin.

SteelDad
09-08-2011, 01:26 PM
Was just checking out SI.com and their guys are not real keen on us this year, which is fine. Most have Saints/Packers vs. Chargers/Pats and Don Banks has Ravens. Idiot.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Was just checking out SI.com and their guys are not real keen on us this year, which is fine. Most have Saints/Packers vs. Chargers/Pats and Don Banks has Ravens. Idiot.

Kinda like it is everyear. One reason is, I think, we don't usually blow out our opponent of late and our wins are usually comebacks or near miracles. Scares the hell out of me and real hard to watch. However, we do manage to get to the big dance rather consistently. Just sayin. Or, those sons of biatches flat out don't like the workin man's/woman's team. That'd be the STEELERS by the by.

Peace out.

steelersbabex25
09-08-2011, 01:34 PM
Mike and Mike are really the only 2 analysts that I like.

harpo
09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
Get through the first six games. Then analyze. Just sayin.

Makes sense to me...(or the first 8 games). :yellowthumb:

Rampage
09-08-2011, 03:36 PM
I think they should put off analysis until after the Super Bowl.

Wait...

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2011, 03:42 PM
I think they should put off analysis until after the Super Bowl.

Wait...

Rampage..who is that guy in your avi?

--- Added 9/8/2011 at 01:42 PM ---

Makes sense to me...(or the first 8 games). :yellowthumb:

Yea i agree here...I would just like to sit back a few games while we blow a couple teams out and enjoy drinking my beer for a change rather than sitting on the edge of my seat, sweating, sick to my stomach wating for us to win with 18 seconds left in the game....:thud:

Rampage
09-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Rampage..who is that guy in your avi?

--- Added 9/8/2011 at 01:42 PM ---

Yea i agree here...I would just like to sit back a few games while we blow a couple teams out and enjoy drinking my beer for a change rather than sitting on the edge of my seat, sweating, sick to my stomach wating for us to win with 18 seconds left in the game....:thud:

Dayman/Charlie Day from Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Root4Stlrs
09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Speculation is part of the fan experience for some people. Others don't like to do it. Some of the people on here have been remarkably accurate, however, in their analyses of the season ahead of time so I enjoy reading their opinions. I do like it better when we fly under the radar of the "experts" so don't like when they pick Steelers to win it all. Brian Baldinger also picked Steelers to win SB. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Those picking San Diego to win or even be in SB need to repeat that to themselves 100 times a day.
On Sirius Adam Schein picked B'more to win game and Rich Gannon picked Steelers. Gannon says, when game supposed to be close, go with the QB who is a finisher and he said Ben one of the best of all time in 4th qtr.

Troyisabeast_43
09-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Warren Sapp picked San Diego to win the Super Bowl as well. He is obsessed with them why I dont know?? This is a team that didnt even make the playoffs last season and is completely and totally overrated in my opinion.

LarryNJ
09-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I would just like to sit back a few games while we blow a couple teams out and enjoy drinking my beer

I like your style! I'll watch a game with you anytime! As long as we aren't drinking lite beer! :lol: :)

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
I like your style! I'll watch a game with you anytime! As long as we aren't drinking lite beer! :lol: :)

You got it...Miller Lite or IC Light ok? :beer1:

Rampage
09-08-2011, 04:39 PM

More flavor in a bottle of Evian. :lol:

LarryNJ
09-08-2011, 04:39 PM

I won't but to start you can drink that. It won't take long for me to teach you how to really enjoy the game! :)

Thisoneguy555
09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
Warren Sapp picked San Diego to win the Super Bowl as well. He is obsessed with them why I dont know?? This is a team that didnt even make the playoffs last season and is completely and totally overrated in my opinion.

They are the best team on paper, number 1 on offense and defense isn't something to just shrug off.

I think it's too early to even pick any teams. Lions went 4-0 in the preseason, does anyone here really think they will win more than 8 games this season? Steelers went 2-2 2004 preseason, they didn't looked much better than they did in the 2003 6-10 season. But they went 15-1. There have been teams to start the season 7-2 only to finish 9-7. It's impossible to really make an educated guess at this point, it's best to just root for your team.

LatrobePA
09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Here's why he picked the Steelers:

3 weeks ago he and his wife were in the Burgh for a swim meet, my bro and his wife were in a restaurant when the couple came in but there were no seats open so my brother offered them his booth, Mike refused but thanked him up and down, for that is why he loves this F'N badass CITY and football team!!

No lie!!

Rampage
09-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I won't but to start you can drink that. It won't take long for me to teach you how to really enjoy the game! :)

What are you drinking for the game? I want to grab a sixer of this:

http://www.lefthandbrewing.com/img/xlarge/beer_images/bottle_and_glass/wake_up_dead_bottle_and_glass_937298180.png

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Oh I just totally re read what you write..you said NO lite beer..Ok you name the beer and i'll drink it! :yellowthumb:

--- Added 9/8/2011 at 02:51 PM ---

http://www.lefthandbrewing.com/img/xlarge/beer_images/bottle_and_glass/wake_up_dead_bottle_and_glass_937298180.png

That dude in your avi is a bit disturbing looking...as far as the beer i'd try it!

Rampage
09-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh I just totally re read what you write..you said NO lite beer..Ok you name the beer and i'll drink it! :yellowthumb:

--- Added 9/8/2011 at 02:51 PM ---

That dude in your avi is a bit disturbing looking...as far as the beer i'd try it!

What's wrong with huffing some paint?

As far as the beer, it's one of my faves. I was drinking Dogfish Head Indian Brown last season, but it would remind me of the Super Bowl. Going to enjoy a few of these come Sunday. I think they are 8 or 10% ABV. :lol:

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2011, 05:07 PM
What's wrong with huffing some paint?

As far as the beer, it's one of my faves. I was drinking Dogfish Head Indian Brown last season, but it would remind me of the Super Bowl. Going to enjoy a few of these come Sunday. I think they are 8 or 10% ABV. :lol:

So is that paint around his mouth???? He looks like a crazy person!! :rofl:
I can't really drink to many of those dark beers...Makes me take back stuff I never stole. :yikes:

LarryNJ
09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
For Tampa this will be a nice choice!
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8717/87517908.jpg

TampaSteelGirl
09-08-2011, 05:26 PM
For Tampa this will be a nice choice!
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8717/87517908.jpg

Ok now that's not really dark..I think I would like that. Is that German beer???
We have a World of Beer up the street..I should see if I can find it. Thanks!

Rampage
09-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Weihenstephan is a good German beer; crisp flavor. Hard to find out here, though.

LarryNJ
09-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Ok now that's not really dark..I think I would like that. Is that German beer???
We have a World of Beer up the street..I should see if I can find it. Thanks!

Yes it's German. I'm sure you'd like it, it's about $9.00 a six pack here. Well worth a couple extra dollars. Also see if the have Gaffel Kolsch

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9416/beerbottledgaffelkollsc.jpg

If you are ever in a German beer garden order a Gaffel Kranz..It's about 10 small beers maybe 6 or 7 ozs. very good and cool!

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/149/gaffelkoelschkranz.jpg

Forged in Steel
09-08-2011, 07:36 PM

Mark my words, the Chargers will either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round.

connecticutsteel
09-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Yes it's German. I'm sure you'd like it, it's about $9.00 a six pack here. Well worth a couple extra dollars. Also see if the have Gaffel Kolsch

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9416/beerbottledgaffelkollsc.jpg

If you are ever in a German beer garden order a Gaffel Kranz..It's about 10 small beers maybe 6 or 7 ozs. very good and cool!

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/149/gaffelkoelschkranz.jpg

larry try rothhaus

STEELyourface
09-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Even though he picked GB in the SB, I always like what he has to say. Unlike a lot of the talking heads, he usually offers valuable insight.

I agree. Most of what goes on at ESPN Radio is pretty solid. Obviously they aren't all perfect and I like some more than others but it reminds me of what the regular ESPN used to be like.

DBR96A
09-09-2011, 11:05 AM
I would just like to sit back a few games while we blow a couple teams out and enjoy drinking my beer for a change rather than sitting on the edge of my seat, sweating, sick to my stomach wating for us to win with 18 seconds left in the game....:thud:

Problem is, when the Steelers enter the fourth quarter with what should be a comfortable lead, the defense backs off into this soft, two-deep safety zone crap and makes the game closer than it really should be. It's why a 28-10 lead became a 35-24 final score against the Chargers in the 2008 AFC Divisional Playoff game. It's why the Steelers almost lost Super Bowl XLIII, and it's also why they were 11 yards away from blowing a 20-point lead for the first time in franchise history against the Bengals last season. It's why they've allowed more points in the fourth quarter than in any two other quarters combined over the last two seasons.

In spite of all this, know-nothings who cheer for other teams repeatedly claim that the defense is the only reason the Steelers have been successful in recent years, and it's almost always accompanied by a dismissal of Ben Roethlisberger. It's reached the point where, outside of Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger is being grossly underrated, and it's the defense that's being overrated. The Steelers have a top-tier defense, but people need to stop pretending that they're an all-time great defense because all-time great defenses play balls-to-the-wall for 60 minutes, not 45. To be honest with you, I liked our defenses in the 1990's better.

coldrolled
09-09-2011, 11:59 AM
The Steelers have a top-tier defense, but people need to stop pretending that they're an all-time great defense because all-time great defenses play balls-to-the-wall for 60 minutes, not 45. To be honest with you, I liked our defenses in the 1990's better.

Maybe becuase some of the the players on defense are Older... they only play balls to the wall for 45 and then balls dragging the floor for 15...

maybe we need to rotate the young players in a bit more to keep the old buzzards fresh. we have a problem with that.. :imho:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-09-2011, 12:57 PM

I only have three beers for the game. Three 32 oz'ers. lol. Not driving.

SteelDad
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Mark my words, the Chargers will either miss the playoffs or lose in the first round.

They won't miss the playoffs because their division blows, but I agree they are out in round one of the playoffs.

Stairwayto7
09-09-2011, 06:24 PM
I didnt need MG to tell me that

Nolrog
09-09-2011, 07:07 PM

Greeny picked Darrelle Revis to win the defensive player of the year (Golic picked Harrison.) That was a foolish pick. Revis is not a playmaker. He's a fantastic corner, and takes the best receiver out of the game, but they don't throw his way much; he had no INTs and 10 passes defended. Not numbers you see from a DPotY. Troy, for example, had 7 INT, 18 passes defended and a sack, and he was injured.

Root4Stlrs
09-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Greeny picked Darrelle Revis to win the defensive player of the year (Golic picked Harrison.) That was a foolish pick. Revis is not a playmaker. He's a fantastic corner, and takes the best receiver out of the game, but they don't throw his way much; he had no INTs and 10 passes defended. Not numbers you see from a DPotY. Troy, for example, had 7 INT, 18 passes defended and a sack, and he was injured.

Greeny is a big Jets fan and he can't resist being a homer.

Real Deal Steel
09-10-2011, 01:06 AM
Let's just stay under the radar. I like it that way. Then they never know what hit them.

Nolrog
09-10-2011, 10:19 AM
Greeny is a big Jets fan and he can't resist being a homer.

I know. But his pick still made no sense.