View Full Version : Steelers vs. Ravens - Game 1 - 9/11/2011 1pm

Pages : [1] 2 3

BlitzburghRockCity
09-06-2011, 08:19 PM
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/img/gameday/2011/steelersvsravens.jpg

September 11, 2011
1pm. EST
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, MD.

The preseason is over and the 2011 regular season is ready to get underway. The Steelers open up against the hated Baltimore Ravens, on the road.

Both teams have made some upgrades during the offseason, but the Steelers upgrades on offense trump what the Ravens have been able to do. Baltimore also said goodbye to veterans like Gregg, Mason, and Heap, and will start younger, inexperienced players at key positions.

This game will still be a physical battle and will certainly come down to the 4th quarter. The Steelers have proven they can strike quick and often especially in the passing game so the chance to get up early in this game should be something to keep an eye on.

If you can't watch the game on TV, SteelerAddicts always has you covered by providing you a radio feed right here on the site, to the Steelers Radio Network.

This section will be closed during the game and will open immediately after.

steelersbabex25
09-06-2011, 09:03 PM
:woot: I missed these threads.

Farrior Fan
09-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Sunday at 1;00 = Me on my couch watching the Steelers kick the ever loving crap outta the ravens. 52 to 0

BlitzburghRockCity
09-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Can't wait for this game, I'm so stoked for it! Can't get here soon enough.

Troyisabeast_43
09-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Matt you should expect a playoff scenario thread possibly after this game since there is so much on the line lol...But seriously man I cant wait for this game either and Steelers football back on Sunday afternoon either at 1,4 or 8 every single week for hopefully the next 5 months going into February.

steelersbabex25
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
3 days, 16 hours, 19 minutes and 5 seconds

HUNT4SEVEN
09-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Can't wait to kick the sh&! out of the RATS!!! it's great to have football back...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Dealing with all this water in my basement is keeping me occupied until game time atleast :(

Black@Gold Forever32
09-08-2011, 11:56 AM
I work on Sundays.....looks like I will be getting the 11:00 flu and taking a half of sick day on Sunday.....:)

steelersbabex25
09-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Hope I won't have to work on Sunday..if so I'll just tell my boss I can't :lol:

3 days, 0 hours, 23 minutes, 56 seconds

TampaSteelGirl
09-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Sunday at 1;00 = Me on my couch watching the Steelers kick the ever loving crap outta the ravens. 52 to 0

Im really really hoping this happens!!!! I have to admit..i'm a bit nervous for this game.

Root4Stlrs
09-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Im really really hoping this happens!!!! I have to admit..i'm a bit nervous for this game.

Me, too, even tho I think Steelers will win I can't help but be nervous. It's especially tough to play the Ravens in B'more the first game.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-10-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm always nervous on opening weekend. The Steelers have a good record though on opening weekend, but you always how wonder how they'll be, how they'll respond when it counts.

I'm stoked for this game, what better way to start out than kickin some ratbird ***!

steelersbabex25
09-10-2011, 01:01 PM
ONE DAY KDJFKLJAKJFAKSJD;FKSDJFKLDSJFJCDMCEOIJFOIREJHTNKRF ADNFMCKRACMRJFIORMFIRMFIORENCCNOIERNCOIERNCIONRFOI ANREVCIAUNFVCCANYOUTELLIMEXCITED?!

Stairwayto7
09-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!

MattyVfromCT
09-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Im always nervous for every game lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Yinz ready?

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:30 AM
TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2011, 12:39 AM
Man I feel that flu coming on so I better take a half of sick day....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 12:46 AM
It's finally gameday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:01 AM
Man I feel that flu coming on so I better take a half of sick day....lol

oh no, poor thing! :hehheh:

LarryNJ
09-11-2011, 08:20 AM
"It's like a rerun,'' Suggs said. "Everybody knows how this story ends, with us and the Steelers. It's about time we changed it, and give people something new. Right now, it's kind of like we pride ourselves on being a bully, but they're the ones that keep knocking us out of the playoffs. So they're the bully. One day you just got to say '[screw] it' and punch the bully totally in his mouth. Then they won't bully you any more.''

We are in their heads bigtime! :lol: Sucks to be Ozzie! :yesnod:

For more than 30 years now, first as a Hall of Fame Browns tight end, and now as the respected front office boss of the Ravens, Newsome has been watching teams self-destruct against the Steelers.

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- You wouldn't think you could show up at Baltimore's team complex, notebook in hand, and find a bunch of folks eager to talk about the "P'' word, but I'm happy to report there's no running from the truth going on here at Ravens training camp. Baltimore knows it must confront and conquer its Pittsburgh problem. And soon.
When the NFL's 2011 schedule came out in April, there were the Ravens and Steelers matched up once again in Week 1, an immediate renewal of what many consider the league's fiercest rivalry going. So Baltimore's season will begin the same way last year's ended, facing hated Pittsburgh, the team that it can't seem to beat when it matters most. The Ravens are fully aware that the only thing standing between them and where they want to go is that team in black and gold.
"This is all or nothing this year,'' said Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs after a Tuesday afternoon practice. "When this journey first started, a lot of us were young men. I'm still a young man. I'm only 28. But I'm in my ninth year, so I feel like a window of opportunity is closing. There have been plenty of years that we let championship teams walk up outta here because of that team to the northwest of us. They've been the reason for that. So if we don't get over this hump this year, I don't know what else to say.''
HACK: POSTCARD FROM RAVENS CAMP
Suggs is rarely, if ever, at a loss for words, so you know he's serious when it comes to the frustration level in the Baltimore locker room. The Ravens in the three-year John Harbaugh coaching era are a sterling 32-16 (.667), and the only team in the NFL to win at least one playoff game in each of the past three seasons. They're both accomplished and respected throughout the league, and they're known as one of the league's most resilient and resourceful franchises, with a quality coaching staff and a superb front office.
But the Ravens haven't figured out how to win their division yet and really go places in the playoffs, because they can't get past Pittsburgh. They're just 2-6 in the Harbaugh era against the Steelers, with two of the past three seasons ending with painful postseason losses at Heinz Field (in the 2008 AFC title game, and in the 2010 AFC divisional round). And they were only in the position of needing to again go the wild card route in the playoffs last season due to a season-turning Week 13 loss at home to Pittsburgh, when the Steelers rallied for a 13-10 win on the strength of Troy Polamalu's strip sack of Joe Flacco in the game's final minutes. Both teams finished 12-4, but Pittsburgh won the division via tiebreaker.
That play by Polamalu not only changed the arc of the Ravens' season, it very likely helped get Baltimore offensive line coach John Matsko fired in January. When Polamalu came clean into the backfield and forced Flacco to fumble, highlighting an obvious missed blocking assignment, Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley scooped up the loose ball and returned it to the Ravens 9, setting up Pittsburgh's winning touchdown. Seemingly that's how consequential every play in the Ravens-Steelers blood feud has become.
PINNACLE MOMENTS OF THE 2010 SEASON
"They've won the games that matter, and you have to respect them for it,'' said Ravens running back Ray Rice, entering his fourth NFL season. "They're a great organization. They play hard, and they're everything people say they are. We're toe and toe and there with them, but obviously we've got to win the big games to get acknowledged with them. It's one of those situations where they know how to win. You have to give it to them. They know how to win. I think we know how to win as well, just not against them.''
If anything, the Ravens' 31-24 divisional round loss at Pittsburgh was even more inexplicable, with Baltimore building a commanding 21-7 halftime lead and silencing the hostile Heinz Field crowd, but then disintegrating beneath a steady stream of turnovers and dropped passes as Pittsburgh stormed back. It is plenty noted in the Ravens locker room that both years they've lost to the Steelers in the playoffs, Pittsburgh has gone on to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl (after the 2008 and 2010 seasons).
"All of them hurt,'' said Suggs, of the losses to the Steelers. "They all leave a bitter taste in your mouth. They've done it to us a few times now. And the thing is, in some of those games we've had 'em. We pretty much beat ourselves. If you go back and look at some of those last seven or eight games, at some point in the game you thought, Oh my God, Baltimore's going to win this game.
"It's the way we're losing to them. If we lose and flat out get beat, we get beat. But to give up plays and have them come back on us, it just stings even more. Our season was decided on a couple plays last year. They made the plays and we've hurt ourselves.''
For longtime Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome, the mistakes made by Baltimore in the playoff loss had plenty to do with how Pittsburgh imposes its will on an opponent as a game goes on. For more than 30 years now, first as a Hall of Fame Browns tight end, and now as the respected front office boss of the Ravens, Newsome has been watching teams self-destruct against the Steelers.
"There was something about that 21-7 lead that I wasn't comfortable with,'' Newsome said. "There was something about it. There are times when you get a lead and you think you're one play away from it being a blowout. But I just didn't feel that way that day, because I know how they play and how they feed off one big play.
"We made mistakes and we don't normally do that. But they cause a lot of that to happen. We gave them some things, but they were forcing us to do some of those things. That's how good they are. They have a resolve about themselves, and if you're not willing to play them for four quarters, then you can lose the game. You can't play for just one half.''
In some ways, it has come to this: The annual showdowns with Pittsburgh are the only games on the Ravens' schedule that really matter. Newsome even acknowledged it somewhat when I asked him if he puts his roster together every year with the thought of how to beat the Steelers in the front of his mind. He doesn't do that with AFC North rivals Cincinnati and Cleveland.
"Always Pittsburgh,'' Newsome said. "When I talk to most of the players at the [scouting] combine, I talk to them about 'How are you going to react when we go to Pittsburgh and play at Heinz Field?' I want to get a reaction, and the ones that are timid, I tell them I have a tough time thinking you could go to Heinz Field and help me win a football game. So yeah, it's there.''
It's there all right. The dominance of the Steelers is a topic that's never far from the brains of the Ravens and their fans, and some players know the battles with Pittsburgh have become at least partly mental. To pretend the Steelers aren't in the Ravens' heads at this point, after all the recent history, would be ludicrous.
"I'm sure there is some of that,'' Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco told me. "I don't know if I like admitting that, but sports is so mental. No matter what you say, a lot of it comes down to the mental side of it. These guys have beat us. When it comes down to it, they've figured out a way to win the game. And as much we don't want to admit that, it probably has a lot to do with the mental side of it.
"They've continued to push through. Things have not gone their way, but they've still fought through and gotten it done. We've bounced back, too, but we just haven't done it throughout the full 60 minutes. That's something that wins these games, and while both really are good teams, that mental aspect is the extra edge you get.''
The margin between the Steelers and Ravens remains razor slight. No game has been decided by more than nine points in the past three years, and six of their past eight meetings have been decided by four or fewer. Baltimore has yet to beat Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the Flacco/Harbaugh era, winning at home in 2009 when Dennis Dixon started for an injured Big Ben, and winning at Pittsburgh in Week 4 of last season, when Roethlisberger was still suspended and Charlie Batch started for the Steelers.
Despite three strong seasons to begin his NFL career, Flacco will likely never get his due as one of the game's elite quarterbacks until he and his Ravens get over their Pittsburgh problem and start to regularly beat the Steelers. Newsome and others in the organization point out that once upon a time the Pistons owned Michael Jordan and the Bulls, but then the worm finally turned and a string of NBA titles ensued for Chicago.
"That's the hurdle we've got to clear, and that's the history we're going to have to overcome,'' Rice said. "Maybe when we beat them, we won't just beat them. A win is a win. But if we make a statement, and beat them in a way that they know they were really beaten, I think that leaves a taste.''
Week 1 in Baltimore's M&T Bank Stadium, the Ravens will once again start pushing that rock back up that hill, trying to get past those same familiar Steelers and back into the AFC playoff field. Hopefully as a higher seed and in a position of strength this time. In Week 9, the two rivals will meet again in Pittsburgh, on NBC's Sunday Night Football. I think I like Baltimore's chances to finally flip the script on the Steelers this year, and Flacco to me is the key for the Ravens putting together a run of their own in this lopsided series.
"I agree, and I think we're building a team around here that's going to be good for a while,'' Flacco said, echoing the conventional wisdom on Baltimore's roster. "When we finally jell and get over that hump, I think we're going to be able to take it to the next level and be a team that's around for a while and win some Super Bowls.''
But it's not that long haul that Suggs and some other Ravens veterans are focused on like a laser. Linebacker Ray Lewis recently told CBSSports.com that "I feel like now we have enough pieces in place to make a good run at the Super Bowl," and that he'll retire if the Ravens do indeed win the big one. He, Suggs and Ed Reed want to beat the Steelers right now, and start rewriting a story line that has grown bitter and impossibly tired in Baltimore: Good Ravens team loses to a better Steelers team, and watches Pittsburgh move on in the playoffs.
"It's like a rerun,'' Suggs said. "Everybody knows how this story ends, with us and the Steelers. It's about time we changed it, and give people something new. Right now, it's kind of like we pride ourselves on being a bully, but they're the ones that keep knocking us out of the playoffs. So they're the bully. One day you just got to say '[screw] it' and punch the bully totally in his mouth. Then they won't bully you any more.''
See. They're not sugar-coating the truth in Baltimore these days. The Ravens have some work to do this season, and once again, it figures to both start and end with the task of getting past Pittsburgh.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/08/10/ravens.steelers.obstacle/index.html#ixzz1Xe5o5k9H

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Who are the rave ins? Are we gonna see some new inovative but decisive game playing in this one?

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 10:24 AM

And how long have they been trying to punch the bully in the mouth? :lol: This bully punches back, everytime!

LarryNJ
09-11-2011, 10:28 AM
And how long have they been trying to punch the bully in the mouth? :lol: This bully punches back, everytime!

Yes we do punch back...the biggest difference is we are always stronger punches in the 4th quarter than they do.

SteelrFan
09-11-2011, 11:23 AM
As I sit here this Sun 9-11-11 watching tv and the reading of all the names who died that fateful day. I am humbled about the fact that we live in the greatest country in the world. And not taking away the fact that we get to see the greatest football franchise in the history of football today playing against a team that wished they were.
What ever the outcome of today's game, I hope we keep in mind the families of those lost that day and those who continue to fight for our freedom that our thoughts are with you. peace.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Inactives today

10 Dennis Dixonhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/dennis-dixon/dbf2567c-8426-4606-903f-a6537a26c65c/) QB

27 Jonathan Dyer RB

31 Curtis Brownhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/curtis-brown/f3c23f12-83ab-423a-a7b8-e15b757e96b2/) CB

54 Chris Carterhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/chris-carter/298a3217-156c-47b2-bc9f-550abc0a810b/) LB

71 Chris Scotthttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/chris-scott/f12c26a6-d755-424b-94c6-fd5eea10fc6f/) - OT

73 Ramon Fosterhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/ramon-foster/200381ee-4d12-425e-b3bd-4f4bca965e35/) - OT

89 Jerricho Cotcheryhttp://www.steelers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.steelers.com/team/roster/jerricho-cotchery/915e6a52-d1db-4618-975a-8a098e1d0d82/) - WR

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:00 PM
ONE HOUR!!!!

SteelerNC
09-11-2011, 12:26 PM
35 min :)

coach
09-11-2011, 12:26 PM
I couldn't relax today in my yoga class. Every time I closed my eyes, all I could see was rats gettin KTFO.

Here we go Steelers.:cope:

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Everyone picking the Steelers makes me nervous..

Black@Gold Forever32
09-11-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm not nervous....game is going to be over by halftime.....Steelers are owning these chumps today.....

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Ugh lets go already. Been waiting 7 months for this..

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Everyone picking the Steelers makes me nervous..

Not everyone babe. I heard em called the losers this morning on NFL net. Not me though.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Not everyone babe. I heard em called the losers this morning on NFL net. Not me though.

On NFL Today they all picked the Steelers.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 12:54 PM
special 911 tribute in a few minutes

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:54 PM
damn.. don't wanna cry before the game.

STEELyourface
09-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Yo! Just wanted to hop on here and say GO STILLERS!!! I can't be on here and watch this game at the same time, I feel like I miss too much.

Hope ALL of you are able to watch the game and ENJOY!!

The journey to SB XLVI starts today, GO STILLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:55 PM
oh how i missed the nfl on cbs theme song

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Got my 6 time super bowl champs terrible towel ready to go!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 12:56 PM
oh how i missed the nfl on cbs theme song

I know right!! Best one out there

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I know right!! Best one out there

hearing it for the first time since january..just makes me so happy.

The Big Z
09-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Can someone PM me a link

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:01 PM
:clap: that was so beautiful. love the crowd chanting USA. so proud to be a part of this country.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Big Ben was helping to hold the giant american flag on the field during the ceremony

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Steelers won the toss, deferred

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:05 PM
DEFENSE gets em first :woot:

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:06 PM
as long as we keep them in their own territory on kickoff, im ok.

blackngold29
I like the deferred toss choice. Kickoff, not so much.

BlitzburghRockCity
Run defense, wow fail!

steelersbabex25
DAMN IT. not a good first play..come on defense!

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:07 PM
:duh:

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:07 PM
not twice ray rice

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:08 PM
:evilshake:

BlitzburghRockCity
Well that was a fail *** defensive series

steelersbabex25
?! how did that happen..good coverage by mcfadden

BlitzburghRockCity
BMac had good coverage, just not quite good enough

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 01:09 PM
where is the fn defense.

blackngold29
He was bobbling, got one foot down, gained possession, then one foot, the next was out. Apparently that's a TD now.

NOVA STEELERS
On the side line now, after given up that easy TD drive :thud:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Nobody said it was going to be a shutout, no time to panic.

Black@Gold Forever32
buckle up D....time for the offense to answer.....

steelersbabex25
hope the defense is feeling low right now. come back, boys!

MattyVfromCT
Not able to watch despite having the nfl ticket because I live too close to nyc and im stuck watching 9/11 ceremony. Will pay or trade for a dvd copy of the game spread on 2 discs as I like to record every game

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Good return by Brown, and a late flag

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:12 PM
nice call. good field position.

NOVA STEELERS
:woot: Horse collar

blackngold29
How is a textbook call a "great call" now?

steelersbabex25
lets see what this offense can do.

BlitzburghRockCity
Jimmy Smith hobbled off..ravens corner

NOVA STEELERS
Have to answer back....... can't let them get momentum going

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:13 PM
There ya go Mendy, good run

NOVA STEELERS
Simms is an :moon:

steelersbabex25
nice first run mendy. go for a long pass now on 2nd and 1. incomplete, give it to redman.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:14 PM
dumb. why they dont pass on 2nd and 1 i will never know.

BlitzburghRockCity
Alright, first down..lets go!!

NOVA STEELERS
:duh:

steelersbabex25
pocket collapsed after 2 seconds. :banging:

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:15 PM
:wtf: offsides?

NOVA STEELERS
Wallace :woot:

nuclearchihuahuas
Had to give up directv and nfl ticket cause it was too expensive, so Im living viacariously through your descriptions and watching nfl redzone. Thank GOD for this forum!

RIVERS OF STEEL
Not able to watch despite having the nfl ticket because I live too close to nyc and im stuck watching 9/11 ceremony. Will pay or trade for a dvd copy of the game spread on 2 discs as I like to record every game

what is up with that. same here. guess i live to close to blatimore. 170 miles (I thought that was far enough away).

steelersbabex25
maybe not.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:16 PM
damn it. come on. good receivers against a young secondary. DO something.

BlitzburghRockCity
Alright defense, step it up now!

steelersbabex25
willie gay blew that. could've pinned them one. game not starting off too welll.

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:17 PM
pathetic showing so far, sure its early but can't give ratbirds hope

LarryNJ
Game on now in NYC area...

BlitzburghRockCity
Love that budweiser commercial

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:18 PM
can not start off the season like this..come on!

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:19 PM
damn those holes are opening up for the ratbirds. front 7 need to tighten up.

BlitzburghRockCity
Picking on McFadden again, just like last year

steelersbabex25
oh my god. STOP SOMETHING! christ.

MikeAFC
That was embarassing first drive for our D.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:20 PM
nice grab big snack.

BlitzburghRockCity
Ike Taylor on Lee, BMac on Bouldin

steelersbabex25
holding call? wow!

The Big Z
Anybody have a link

nuclearchihuahuas
oh my god. STOP SOMETHING! christ.

Wow! Guess Im glad I can't watch live...I'd be throwing things by now!:banging:

LarryNJ
09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
now get them in a hole and make a big play

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Steelers just need to settle down and get into the flow of the game

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Ratbirds offense is in disarry and we still let em score on 3 plays :duh:

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:22 PM
they just need to get their heads out of their asses. make a big play!

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Had to give up directv and nfl ticket cause it was too expensive, so Im living viacariously through your descriptions and watching nfl redzone. Thank GOD for this forum!

check your pm. no reply thanks

nuclearchihuahuas
Ratbirds offense is in disarry and we still let em score on 3 plays :duh:

I know it was preseason but our d was ranked 30th. I was hoping that was a total abberation as LeBeau was scoping out new players

RIVERS OF STEEL
hope the steelers show up soon

steelersbabex25
there we go. nice coverage.

BlitzburghRockCity
Great play sniffed out by defense

NOVA STEELERS
:rant2: :rant2: Alright just got my first txt from Ratbird fan....... "How bout that Shower Curtain" :cursin:

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:24 PM
HOLDING ON HARRISON

BlitzburghRockCity
Another holding by the Ravens..love it!

LarryNJ
thank you

blackngold29
James Harrison just got raped. That wasn't holding.

steelersbabex25
thank you.

airbrake 1
09-11-2011, 01:25 PM
i didn't think they were going to call this...phil sims is an idiot

BlitzburghRockCity
Run defense swarming now!!

LarryNJ
3rd and 30 lets see if we can stop this

steelersbabex25
simms..****ing moron.

airbrake 1
09-11-2011, 01:26 PM
phil sims that was a bad call...they need to get this idiot off the air ...that was a total takedown

steelersbabex25
nice job defense. some penalties helped us out on that though. do it yourselves next time!

BlitzburghRockCity
Why do we have to have phil simms... ugh

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:27 PM
even it up offense.

LarryNJ
nice job defense. some penalties helped us out on that though. do it yourselves next time!

Lets hope we get those calls all year..we need them with our secondary

blackngold29
One of the best in the league = He can kick really far.

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Simms = :tool:

airbrake 1
09-11-2011, 01:28 PM
that was about as blatant a hold as you can get...and sims think it was a bad call....un****ing believable

MattyVfromCT
09-11-2011, 01:29 PM
that was about as blatant a hold as you can get...and sims think it was a bad call....un****ing believable

so did harbaugh. blind, in denial and most of all STUPID

steelersbabex25
first bubble screen of the season ladies and gents!

blackngold29
He said he thought Harrison was leaning... you can't run while leaning backwards.

nuclearchihuahuas
Simms = :tool:

:clap::lol::plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:30 PM
First down Manny... keep it goin

steelersbabex25
SECOND! that one was better planned though. "a little phil simms philosophy" ...no thank you.

steelersbabex25
nice mendy. way to turn a negative into a positive.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Welcome back Colon, mixing it up early

blackngold29
Ward to ref: He shoved knocked you over, throw a flag!

BlitzburghRockCity
Another first down, Wallace

steelersbabex25
wallace! like the short passes. keep it going.

blackngold29
09-11-2011, 01:32 PM
Shotgun on first down was a good call. Horrible result obviously.

steelersbabex25
god ****ing damn it. swear to god this offense line

LarryNJ
my gosh..wtf

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Are you kidding me!!!

steelersbabex25
literally..oh my ****ing god. going to go shoot myself now. see you later!

RIVERS OF STEEL
do i have to watch this sh.. yes!

LarryNJ
nobody was with 7 yards of him

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:34 PM
:evilshake:

blackngold29
He was down.

steelersbabex25
awful awful awful defense. just overall awful. have not stopped one play.

BlitzburghRockCity
Stop talking about the fumble, they recovered..who gives a ****... OMG this sucks

Nolrog
Well, I was ready for some football. Too bad the Steelers aren't.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:35 PM
who cares if he was down. only one yard short. give him the td. theyll get it the next play anyway.

BlitzburghRockCity
BMac looking like a guy who hasn't played since last year.

Steelers_All_Day_43
We gotta get this together now

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:36 PM
not prepared for this game at all. the entire defense looks completely lost out there.

NOVA STEELERS
Did they think the game started at 4 :dunno:

Nolrog
who cares if he was down. only one yard short. give him the td. theyll get it the next play anyway.

Screw that. Make them earn it. If there's a play, there's a chance of a sack to push them back or a turn over.

nuclearchihuahuas
2 minute offense NOW!

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey we were in the superbowl. know what happens after that. Just sayin. Naw to early for those ugly thoughts.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 01:37 PM
what if we actually stop em here.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Down by contact at the 1...big whoop!

NOVA STEELERS
NO TD.......... come on D lets get a stop

blackngold29
How can you boo that? it was obvious.

NOVA STEELERS
:woot: NICE STOP

steelersbabex25
Did they think the game started at 4 :dunno:

i dont think they even knew that they had a game today.

Ibleedblk&gld
looking like ****...

BlitzburghRockCity
Great hits by Foot and clark

Koopa
09-11-2011, 01:39 PM
andrew luck sweepstakes begins today!! lol.....fk we suck

NOVA STEELERS
:banging: :banging:

BlitzburghRockCity
Couldn't have started any worse.. Steelers moving the ball but killing themselves with turnover and by pass protection

steelersbabex25
ravens are on pace to beat us 56-0 :duh:

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 01:40 PM
i wanna puke. but, i am gonna have some more beer instead. 12 and four. I know one of the four.

NYCsteelersfan
No #1 receiver, Hines Ward a year older, Bruce Arians back in action, Mike Tomlin back in action, no improvements to the secondary, Polamalu a year older = 10-6

Nolrog
Couldn't have started any worse.. Steelers moving the ball but killing themselves with turnover and by pass protection

Still need OLine and CBs. Same as last year, and the year before, and the year before.

NOVA STEELERS
Well running game is going out the window early the way this is going and then it will be free for all on the O line

Nolrog
09-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Well running game is going out the window early the way this is going and then it will be free for all on the O line

Well, at least they'll get a lot of practice stopping a good rush.

MikeAFC
This is exactly what the orginization needs!!! They leave our most vulnerable position the sane & make no changes! Effin stupid

NOVA STEELERS
Here we go STEELERS :cope: lets cut the lead back to 7

nuclearchihuahuas
Sorry...had to vomit....back now

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:42 PM
ready for the superbowl hangover..

NOVA STEELERS
:woot: Down town Brown

steelersbabex25
damn brown is speedy

RIVERS OF STEEL
Oh sh.. brown on the move.

LarryNJ
it's surprising the number of guys returning it from so deep

JShare86
09-11-2011, 01:43 PM
This game will be funny at best real soon great way to start the season

NOVA STEELERS
MENDDIE :woot:

steelersbabex25
YES MENDY! nice block hines!

Thisoneguy555
Woo Mendenhall. Hope that jump starts the offense.

NOVA STEELERS
:rant2: :rant2: enough with negativity :spank:

Katmandu
Why the hell is Mendy still swinging that ball like that ?????????????????

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:44 PM
love the play call. love how you could hear "HEATHHH" in the crowd too :hehheh:

RIVERS OF STEEL
My manners. Welcome back everyone. Good to see ya all again.

BlitzburghRockCity
Back to back good plays, have to score on this drive

steelersbabex25
nice run redman. good blocking on that play.

BlitzburghRockCity
Finding some good running room on the right side now

LarryNJ
simms showing miller some love

NOVA STEELERS
Alright........ running strong now, lets keep it going :cope:

nuclearchihuahuas
The 2nd quarter has to be better!

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Maybe we can turn them on their worthless head again.

steelersbabex25
like that first quarter stat.

NOVA STEELERS

:grin1:

steelersbabex25
bengals beating browns 10-0.

Steelers_All_Day_43
I still have that confident feeling I had when we were down in the playoffs last season.

chicagosteeler

Indeed

LarryNJ
it's very surprising the yards running by both sides in that quarter

Thisoneguy555
09-11-2011, 01:47 PM
bengals beating browns 10-0.

That's surprising.

Farrior Fan
Is Flozells phone ringing yet?

steelersbabex25
oh i wouldve like there to be an actual reverse there. looked like a big hole on the left.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Nice play, Steelers driving...comon guys, must score!

NOVA STEELERS
:woot: SMASH EM SMASH EM SMASH EM

RIVERS OF STEEL
come on steel hell. you can fn do this.

steelersbabex25
mendy's running out of his mind so far. just keep the ball..i get nervous everytime he goes down.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:49 PM
damn. jinxed him.

steelersbabex25
:lol: love how hines ward starts something and then just runs away when the officials get there.

NOVA STEELERS
damn. jinxed him.

:rant2: :rant2: :rant2: :spank:

Nolrog
Here we go. DRAW PLAY. 10 yard loss.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:50 PM
shoot...come on. 3rd and long. pick it up, no fg here.

BlitzburghRockCity
Comon guys, you can't have that type of ****!

LarryNJ
come on Ben...you are better than that

blackngold29
BS that was crowd noise.

steelersbabex25
nice play manny! ran into ward.

BlitzburghRockCity
First down Manny, nice job

Thisoneguy555
Wow that was a nice catch, too bad he was tackled by Ward. lol

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
no field goal here. lets go! :knockonwood:

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:51 PM
:duh: Time out........ well better to be sure of play then to :thud:

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:52 PM
hey, cutler isnt doing half bad nova :hehheh:

Thisoneguy555
Why is it taking so long for Ben to call the play? Past 3 plays, he's come up to the line of scrimmage with only 3-4 seconds left onthe play clock

NOVA STEELERS
texans taken it to colts......... I hear manning is dressed....

in street clothes :hehheh:

Farrior Fan
09-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Why do we ALWAYS wait till 1-2 seconds before snapping? Maybe Harrison should take Ben aside and tell him he isn't Peyton Manning...lol

RIVERS OF STEEL
Hey blatimore. who loves yah? Ans. No fn body that's who.

Nolrog
:duh: Time out........ well better to be sure of play then to :thud:

BA: Draw play, they'll never see it coming.

#7: Draw play, is he f-ing kidding? Time Out.

steelersbabex25
09-11-2011, 01:54 PM
too much dancing there.

BlitzburghRockCity
You can't run those slow plays so close to the end zone

NOVA STEELERS
:dance: :dance:

RIVERS OF STEEL
that was a waste

Nolrog
Well, that was draw like.

MikeAFC
$20 says we come out with only 3 watch!

steelersbabex25
i feel a field goal coming on :banging: gonna be a long nice drive ended with bad red zone calls.

NOVA STEELERS
09-11-2011, 01:55 PM
:woot:

BlitzburghRockCity
TOUCHDOWN MANNY SANDERS!!

LarryNJ
$20 says we come out with only 3 watch!

you're on

steelersbabex25
MANNY SANDERS!!!!!!!! WHAT A PLAY BEN AND OFFENSIVE LINE!

nuclearchihuahuas
FINALLY!! HERE WE GO!

NOVA STEELERS
TOUCHDOWN MANNIE SANDERS :cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
That's better, much better!

RIVERS OF STEEL
yeah baby

LarryNJ
Nice drive, lets hope that the d got their **** together during their break.

NOVA STEELERS
i feel a field goal coming on :banging: gonna be a long nice drive ended with bad red zone calls.

:buttkick:

Farrior Fan
Love Ben....not in a gay way

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 01:56 PM
stop makin excuzzes for the pos ravings tv.

steelersbabex25
right back in it. hopefully that lit a fire under the defenses asses.

BlitzburghRockCity
Scott actually did a good job running Suggs out of the play that time