PDA

View Full Version : PENN STATE ROCKS

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-03-2011, 07:28 PM
PENN STATE smoked Indiana State 41 to 7 today.

STEELyourface
09-04-2011, 12:26 AM
So, help me out on this. JoePa coached from the press box today. Didn't he coach from the press box the whole season a few years ago when they had a REALLY good season? I can't remember but I think he did. If so, maybe he should make the permanent move to up there. Not because he's too old, I don't buy into that cause when you hear him talk he sounds like he's about 65 but just because maybe there is something about him being up there that makes him better.

If I'm getting, 2 seasons mixed together then obviously my theory doesn't pan out but I had that thought today. They did look good too, I watched for a bit.

steelersbabex25
09-04-2011, 01:58 AM
:nono: It's all about the Terps :woot:

STEELyourface
09-04-2011, 02:37 PM
:nono: It's all about the Terps :woot:

We (WVU) got you guys coming up in a couple weeks, bring it!! :yesnod:

Zachintosh66
09-04-2011, 02:39 PM
Pitt didnt impress me at all

steelersbabex25
09-04-2011, 02:40 PM
We (WVU) got you guys coming up in a couple weeks, bring it!! :yesnod:

I'll be at that game.

STEELyourface
09-04-2011, 02:45 PM
I actually have season tickets to WVU despite living 10 hours away from Morgantown but sadly am only making it to a couple games this year. Have fun and don't get too disappointed when we beat you again. :yesnod: Only kidding around of course.

That one year you guys beat us in the reg season and again in a bowl game. You guys had that QB McBrien (I think was his name) that WVU had taken off scholarship so he transferred to Maryland and beat the hell out of us every time you played us. That was hard to deal with considering what a good QB he turned out to be!

steelersbabex25
09-04-2011, 03:03 PM
I actually have season tickets to WVU despite living 10 hours away from Morgantown but sadly am only making it to a couple games this year. Have fun and don't get too disappointed when we beat you again. :yesnod: Only kidding around of course.

That one year you guys beat us in the reg season and again in a bowl game. You guys had that QB McBrien (I think was his name) that WVU had taken off scholarship so he transferred to Maryland and beat the hell out of us every time you played us. That was hard to deal with considering what a good QB he turned out to be!

:dunno: This is my first year at UMD so I haven't really paid attention till now...:lol:

STEELyourface
09-04-2011, 03:11 PM
:dunno: This is my first year at UMD so I haven't really paid attention till now...:lol:

I feel bad cause we hi-jacked this guys Penn State thread :lol: I think Maryland is about to start getting back to being decent. Edsall is a good coach and he'll bring them back around. If nothing else you're gonna look good (or loud) with all those new uniform combinations! But you'll still consistently lose to WVU :yesnod: That is a nice little border rivalry! A lot of mutual respect between the two fan bases and definitely one of the more friendly even keeled, at least in my experience. Watch out for SOME obnoxious and drunk WVU fans cause unfortunately they are out there but most are reasonable!

Anyway sorry for jacking the PENN STATE thread and I'll stop now. I like Penn State and always am happy to see them do well!! VERY RESPECTABLE program, probably the most respected of the big time ones.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-06-2011, 08:20 PM
I feel bad cause we hi-jacked this guys Penn State thread :lol: I think Maryland is about to start getting back to being decent. Edsall is a good coach and he'll bring them back around. If nothing else you're gonna look good (or loud) with all those new uniform combinations! But you'll still consistently lose to WVU :yesnod: That is a nice little border rivalry! A lot of mutual respect between the two fan bases and definitely one of the more friendly even keeled, at least in my experience. Watch out for SOME obnoxious and drunk WVU fans cause unfortunately they are out there but most are reasonable!

Anyway sorry for jacking the PENN STATE thread and I'll stop now. I like Penn State and always am happy to see them do well!! VERY RESPECTABLE program, probably the most respected of the big time ones.

It's all for joe pa. He has been the PSU coach since 65 or 66 I think. hi-jack away.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-11-2011, 12:02 AM
Until you meet Alabama. Why the hell can't you beat this team. And oh yeah, you receivers. You are actually expected to catch the fn ball and hold onto it whilst running your designated route. How easy is that.

JensK
09-11-2011, 05:20 AM
I actually watched yesterdays match against Alabama (thank god for ESPN America in Denmark!), and I actually thought Penn St. played decent enough - Alabama was just a better team on pretty much all positions yesterday. Dre Kirkpatrick is a stud!

86WARD
09-11-2011, 08:55 AM
PSU will go no where until they get solid play from the QB...which they are far, far, far, far, far from getting this season. Bolden is awful and McGloun isn't much better. Bolden makes bad decisions on a consistent basis and has little to know ability to put "touch" on a pass. It's a shame because the rest if the offense and defense isn't that bad.

jpele
09-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Was Bruce Arians calling the offense for Penn St ? how pathetic.

PSU was actually playing a good game until the officials gave Bama a gift first down, don't know if it changes the outcome but was definitely a momentum changer.

Rampage
09-11-2011, 12:13 PM
I am pretty sure I can play QB at Penn St. Throwing short into double coverage? Sign me up!

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-18-2011, 08:30 AM
Well, sorta. Not. 14/10 over Temple. Why Why Why. Current National Ranking: Not even charting in the 25s. This football program has everything you need to be great except proper coaching. I used to go to the games here and it always was about going to the games. Who cares if they win. For some reason just being a fan is good enough.

steelchamp204
09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
There not going to get good recruits until Joe hangs it up. Why come to a college where the coach will either die or retire in the next four years you are there?

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-24-2011, 01:50 PM
I don't know who Easter Michigan is but, we are beating them. That's a good thing.

Lions win, Lions win.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Okay. Hey, we are 5 and 1 so far at the half way point. We stll ain't ranked (kinda really sucks) with only one loss. Go figure.

STEELyourface
10-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Yeah, they may be the least talked about 1 loss team in the country right now. They'll rise in the rankings pretty quickly if the can navigate that upcoming conference schedule. Pretty tough stretch to round out the season:

@ Northwestern - they can put up some points if Persa is playing
vs Illinois - I'm not buying into them yet, especially in Happy Valley
vs Nebraska - I'd say this is about 50/50 since you got them at home
@ Ohio State - They seem to be getting their offense going a bit and are tough at home
@ Wisconsin - I don't see them winning, especially at Camp Randall

Not trying to be a downer (I always root for PSU), but I think 8-4 is probably the best you can hope for. I think that is pretty good, though considering how young this team is.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Nowonder two interceptions in the last minute or two b4 the half run inside the 20s and still no fn score. WTF. 3pts when it should a bin 14.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Don't know how. Don't care. We won it today.

SteelerCountry58
10-26-2011, 10:40 PM
PSU has a tough four game stretch ahead. This team isn't very good,you're
foolin yourself if you think they are legit contender. I can't see them winning
more then one game in this next four game stretch.
Carquest Bowl here we come!:greengrin: Always will love JoePa but this
program needs an infusion and kick in the ***. Until that happens PSU
won't sniff a BCS championship,sad but true.:banging:

SteelCityVoice
10-27-2011, 09:03 PM

If Paterno keeps going with two quarterbacks I would agree, however I think this defense is strong enough to keep them competitive in this four game stretch. It'll be on McGloin to carry this team where it needs to go. I still think Wisconsin is the best team i nthe division, but you never know.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-30-2011, 08:04 AM
Don't know how but, we did it. In the snow. Ok, ready for spring already.

SteelerDan43
10-30-2011, 09:13 AM
In this era having a steady QB is everything, the defense can only carry the team so far. I think its good for CFB for Penn State to be good but I just can't see the direction of the program. Do they have a good QB recruit?

SteelCityVoice
10-30-2011, 10:51 AM
In this era having a steady QB is everything, the defense can only carry the team so far. I think its good for CFB for Penn State to be good but I just can't see the direction of the program. Do they have a good QB recruit?

They had a 4-star QB recruit in 2010, Paul Jones from Sto-Rox but that pesky thing called academics keeps getting in the way of him seeing the field.

This year they brought have recruited Skyler Mornhinweg, a 3 star guy.

I agree they need better guys, but JoePa won't sacrifice academics to get them.

--- Added 10/30/2011 at 09:51 AM ---

Two game lead with three to go in the division. Keep it up Blue And White!

SteelerCountry58
10-30-2011, 10:20 PM
Two game lead with three to go in the division. Keep it up Blue And White!
The Illinois game was the most winnable for sure. Scraped it out...:yesnod:
These next three games are what worry me the most. Hey,their winning.
I don't know how but they are hard to watch for damn sure.:banging:
When is PSU ever going to recruit a stud QB? Don't understand this.

RIVERS OF STEEL
10-30-2011, 10:40 PM
The Illinois game was the most winnable for sure. Scraped it out...:yesnod:
These next three games are what worry me the most. Hey,their winning.
I don't know how but they are hard to watch for damn sure.:banging:
When is PSU ever going to recruit a stud QB? Don't understand this.

For sure.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I wasn't paying attention as usual. PSU has only lost one game and is now ranked 16th (AP poll). If we could only figure out how to ever beat fn Alabama.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-08-2011, 01:25 PM
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/672/unled1im.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/unled1im.png/)

1966 - 2011 please lock this thread.

Stairwayto7
11-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Im truly sick never ever ever thought I would be talking about Joe Pa like this but UNEXCUSABLE!

SteelerCountry58
11-08-2011, 11:50 PM
Quoting myself but I didn't think things would end up like they have.
The program will get a infusion alright. In the end the whole damn
slate might be washed clean from top to bottom. I feel kinda bad
for Joe but he's in too deep with this mess,not legally but morally
and ethically. If he loves PSU so much,then do the right thing and
let this program live to fight another day. Sad but true and unreal.:evilshake:

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Students. Fire the rest of trash or we boycott the remaining games. Just sayin.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-14-2011, 09:36 PM
Sandusky ain't no pedophile. His own words on network tv(nbc tonight). Ok, guess he is just your basic ....sucker/child rapist. Sick sick sick. God damn, someone got some real truthful splainin to do here. And why the fk are you out of prison on bail then? Hate to tell you this but there are some big ol boys waiting for ya.

SteelCityVoice
11-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Sandusky is out on bail without paying a dime as long as he shows up for trial.

How you ask? The judge who set bail is a volunteer for his charity.

Unf-ing real...