PDA

View Full Version : Ok, Now that the Cuts are in.. Who Makes the Practice Squad ?

Katmandu
09-03-2011, 06:10 PM
What say you ?

Farrior Fan
09-03-2011, 06:11 PM
I hope Crezdon makes it, they didnt really cut him did they? I am confused, I thought we wanted to win games this year.

Katmandu
09-03-2011, 06:14 PM
CB Crezdon Butler, LB Mortty Ivy IMHO so far....

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2011, 06:23 PM
Crezdon would be a good candidate for the practice squad, but I'm not sure he'd last on there. He could get snatched up by another team. Maybe not right away but later in the year.

Pratice Squad Eligibility (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32238)

Thisoneguy555
09-03-2011, 06:29 PM
If another team doesn't pick up Hills, I say he makes the practice squad, he has talent, but just doesn't live up to expectations.

Zachintosh66
09-03-2011, 06:31 PM
my hopes:

K. Williams, OL
Ivy, LB
Clay, RB
Butler, CB
Gibson, LB (:))
Warren, CB
T, Grishmam , WR
D. Crom-Smith, DB

Mr. Goosemahn
09-03-2011, 06:39 PM
my hopes:

K. Williams, OL
Ivy, LB
Clay, RB
Butler, CB
Warren, CB
T, Grishmam , WR
D. Crom-Smith, DB

Yeah, my list looks really similar:

RB John Clay
WR Tyler Grisham
WR Wes Lyons
OL Keith Williams
NT Anthony Gray
DE Corbin Bryant
LB Morty Ivy
CB Donovan Warren

Sadly, I don't think Crezdon Butler is eligible for the PS according to this:

Practice Squad Eligibility

According to league policy, only certain types of players are allowed to sign to the practice squad. Players cannot have played more than nine regular season games or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same team's squad unless that team's active roster never dips below 53 players.

Wasn't Butler on the roster all of last year?

If he is eligible, then swap Butler for Warren.

Also, don't rule out signing someone another team releases.

Zachintosh66
09-03-2011, 06:48 PM
good list except Wes Lyons is a bum :2cents:

STEELyourface
09-03-2011, 07:09 PM
good list except Wes Lyons is a bum :2cents:

Yup!

I'm a diehard WVU fan and I keep telling anyone that thinks Lyons could work out that they are wasting their time. Trust me, I would love for him not to completely suck, but the fact is he is horrible. I almost **** myself when he actually made that catch in Panthers game. In 4 years at WVU he never made a single positve contribution and it wasn't from lack of opporunity. I've never seen a WR get as many penalties as that guy. He'd either line up offsides (no joke 4 times in 1 game) or get an offensive PI, it was disgusting how bad he was. That's not to mention he had 2 left feet for hands!! I believe his stat totals after 4 years of college was like 55 catches 0 TD. Best possible scenario he is used on PS to simulate a tall receiver and I don't have the confidence he could do that without somehow screwing up!!

I completely understand people seeing a 6'8" receiver and thinking there is bound to be a way to develop him. I would think the same thing if he hadn't drove me crazy for 4 years, that is why I always make a point to tell everyone not to get their hopes up.

Nolrog
09-03-2011, 07:29 PM
What say you ?

Depends on who gets picked up by other teams first. We'll know in a couple days I guess.

--- Added 9/3/2011 at 05:29 PM ---

my hopes:

K. Williams, OL
Ivy, LB
Clay, RB
Butler, CB
Warren, CB
T, Grishmam , WR
D. Crom-Smith, DB

I'd look for another OL if possible. We seem to have a lot of injuries on the line every year. Would help to have a couple guys that could help.

shstravis
09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, my list looks really similar:

RB John Clay
WR Tyler Grisham
WR Wes Lyons
OL Keith Williams
NT Anthony Gray
DE Corbin Bryant
LB Morty Ivy
CB Donovan Warren

I thought Clay had attitude issues? Didn't he walk out of practice?

Mr. Goosemahn
09-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I thought Clay had attitude issues? Didn't he walk out of practice?

It was supposedly a misunderstanding. RB Coach Kirby Wilson told him to "get off the field" after doing something wrong during a drill and Clay thought he was being told to go to the locker room.

Wilson just wanted him to go to the sideline, so when Clay started to leave someone went to get him.

connecticutsteel
09-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Yup!

I'm a diehard WVU fan and I keep telling anyone that thinks Lyons could work out that they are wasting their time. Trust me, I would love for him not to completely suck, but the fact is he is horrible. I almost **** myself when he actually made that catch in Panthers game. In 4 years at WVU he never made a single positve contribution and it wasn't from lack of opporunity. I've never seen a WR get as many penalties as that guy. He'd either line up offsides (no joke 4 times in 1 game) or get an offensive PI, it was disgusting how bad he was. That's not to mention he had 2 left feet for hands!! I believe his stat totals after 4 years of college was like 55 catches 0 TD. Best possible scenario he is used on PS to simulate a tall receiver and I don't have the confidence he could do that without somehow screwing up!!

I completely understand people seeing a 6'8" receiver and thinking there is bound to be a way to develop him. I would think the same thing if he hadn't drove me crazy for 4 years, that is why I always make a point to tell everyone not to get their hopes up.
whatever obviously the Steelers scouts didn't think the way you did there has to be something other than being 6'8" TALL they wouldn't of wasted there time trust me not everyone in college football gets an invite to camp the reason for the penalties is partaslly cause he is so tall the refs don't quite kniow how to deal with it . look i'm not saying he's Randy moss but give the scoyts a little more credit

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-03-2011, 08:36 PM
53 man roster: http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html

STEELyourface
09-03-2011, 09:16 PM
whatever obviously the Steelers scouts didn't think the way you did there has to be something other than being 6'8" TALL they wouldn't of wasted there time trust me not everyone in college football gets an invite to camp the reason for the penalties is partaslly cause he is so tall the refs don't quite kniow how to deal with it . look i'm not saying he's Randy moss but give the scoyts a little more credit

I don't know, he got cut. He also was undrafted last year and got cut by the jets. That says to me all 32 teams passed on him roughly 7 times in a draft and then 2 more teams brought him in and passed on him after that. I am well aware that not all kids from college get invited to camp. Obviously he is going to get more looks because he is 6'8" tall and teams think if they are able to develop him he'd be a freak of nature. I would say that is exactly what the Steelers did. They probably said, "damn that dude is huge maybe we'll see something other teams didn't."

As for the penalties I was talking about, well I watched every single game of his college career and there is NO excuse for a WR lining up offsides and the offensive PIs were because he had run his routes so poorly he had to tackle the DB to keep them from getting an interception. I wouldn't just criticize a guy for no reason. I've watched him play probably more (or at least as much) as anyone on this forum and the guy flat out cannot play.

I'll go ahead and add to that, he only got 1 offer coming out of high school too. Hell, he is from Pittsburgh and the Pitt Panthers didn't even offer him a scholarship.

I included all these details to illustrate that he did get a chance just because he is 6'8". Not many teams wanted him out of high school. He didn't perform very well in college. He didn't get drafted out of college. 2 seasons in a row a teams invited him to camp and he ultimately got cut. So, since college he hasn't been very good but still found himself getting the opportunity to play in the NFL. Well, to me all those facts indicate that it was absolutely his height. So, I'm sorry but I have to say you are wrong on this. Man, I would have loved for him to have been good and I'm not bashing him as a person. I'm just telling people don't get your hopes up cause he'll ultimately disappoint you like he has me so many times.

If I hadn't watched him for years in college and randomly already gone through this, I'm sure I would have been asking , "What's the deal with this 6'8" dude, maybe he'll do something." Just like I did when he was a freshman in college. That's all I'm really getting at dude.