PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a STEELER FAN !

BlitzburghNation
01-14-2007, 12:25 PM
Thought this would be something for us to do :dunno:
We can let all our fellow steeler fans know how each of us become a steeler fan :tt02:
#1 HOW---Born into it,raised in pitt,handed down by family,,,,etc
#2 How many years,,,,,,,
#3 State you live in,,,,,,,,
Here's the way i got to be a Steeler Fan ! :tt02:
Lived in ky since i was 10 and played pop warner football then started watching football and loved he colors when i was a kid and drawn to the name
Black has always been my favorite color :helmet:
All my friends in ky know how much of a huge steeler fan i am,been with them for 33 years FAITHFULLY :tt02:
Thought we could have a little get to know you FUN
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02:

steelcurtain09
01-14-2007, 12:29 PM
#1 born into it in a family of peoplefrom Pittsburgh
#2 ive been a fan of the Steelers since i started followin football
there is no definitive time tht i started watching... sometime around the age of 8 or 9
but even when i dint follow football i would cheer for them when they were on
so in conclusion...
my whole life
#3 i live in maryland

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 12:37 PM
#1: A Best Friend's father who is a big time Steelers Fan introduce me to the Steelers at the age of 10
#2: Since 1984, going on my 23rd year as a Black n Gold Bleeder.
#3: I am not going to say Cleveland, Ohio anymore since I live close to Lakewood, Ohio, I am going to say LAKEWOOD, OHIO.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-14-2007, 12:53 PM
First game I can ever remember was SB XIV when we played the Rams and won. I was like 9 I think then and ever since I saw those cool black n gold colors I was hooked. My dad used to be a big Giants fan, my brother & sister are 'skins fans but I held my ground and stayed a fan to this day and still going strong. Black N Gold forever !!!!!!! :towelwave:

Prosdo
01-14-2007, 12:58 PM
1. Born in the Burgh and whole family loves the Steelers.
2. Since birth so 20 years.
3. Pennsylvania

SteelCityMan786
01-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I became a Steelers fan because of my love for the City of Pittsburgh's pro sports teams and I live in a family of Steelers Fans.

I have been a Steelers fan since the day I was born

I live in Pennsylvania. In the Middle of the heartland of Steelers Nation.

Blitzburgh55
01-14-2007, 01:21 PM
#1 Dad is from Pittsburgh
#2 Since i was born
#3 Phila,PA

rainman
01-14-2007, 01:24 PM
I have been a faithful follower and Steeler lover for over 50 years.
I live around 90 minutes south of Pittsburgh in West Virginia.
The Steelers has always been my #1 NFL team

Steelersfan
01-14-2007, 01:36 PM
True story on how I became a Steelers fan.
Was watching Super Bowl IX with my father and grandfather. The Steelers were playing the Vikings and I asked my father who he was cheering for since I had never watched football before ( I was 6). He wanted the Steelers to win being that he is from PA so I started cheering for them and have never stopped.....lol He is a Patriots fan mostly now but still has a soft spot for the Steelers even though he doesn't say it.

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Dan, that is not a Steelers fan at all. He betrayed the Steeler Nation, how can he twist his heart like that and go Patriots???? That is just unbelieveable. A soft spot for the Steelers??? Dude, if he changed his legion, he isn't a fan anymore, I am sorry, but I feel strongly about this.

BlitzburghNation
01-14-2007, 01:44 PM
Kinda agree with HOS,,,,,,,,,,,,, Why did he quit pulling for the steelers?
I've been with them through the bad and good and i'll be with them till i die !

Steelersfan
01-14-2007, 01:52 PM
He was not a huge football fan back in that day. He was cheering for the team from the state he was born and raised in. I never said he was a diehard Steelers fan to begin with. If they are playing he will cheer them on but he doesn't go out of his way to watch every game like I do.

House of Steel
01-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Oh Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding, Dan. I take my post back. I couldn't see anyone doing something like that. How can you turn your back on the Steelers? That is just unbelieveable pet peeve of mine and an a huge insult.

BlitzburghNation
01-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Guess that cleared HOS's question up,,,,,,,,,,,,, Guess you wish he would pull for someone else besides the pat's ?

MRS Steelerfan
01-14-2007, 02:53 PM
#1-- I met "this Guy "who was a die hard Steelers fan...I was never a BIG football follower, but I did like Dan Marino and the Dolphins...
#2--I have known him and followed his passion for the STEELERS for nearly 16 years. Who could watch them and hear about them week in and week out and not love them!
#3--WE live in Maine, his family moved here from PA ,Wilkes Barre to be exact, he still has family in that area.

TampaSteelGirl
01-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Grew up with my family watching Steeler games since I was young, aunt actually has one of the very first original terrible towels...Man is that thing nasty but she loves it! I live in Tampa FL only 4 years but from Central Pa and went to school in Pittsburgh!! :tt02:

Koopa
01-14-2007, 05:25 PM
#1 HOW.....i was talkin with my friends and they asked who my favorite team was, not having one i just blurted out the steelers and just stuck with it

#2 How many years.........since the beginning of the 2000 season

#3 State you live in........texas

Stairwayto7
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Born with Black & Gold running in thy veins! This is just one trait I inherited! Thanks Mom & Dad!

AZ_Steeler
01-14-2007, 06:04 PM
I was born into into in 1975 in the Ohio Valley which consists of Pittsburgh, Wheeling, and Stuebenville, OH. I actually grew up in a little town called Cadiz and have always been a Steelers fan, 31 years! Now I am faced with the task of raising my boy to be a Steelers fan as well :cope:

I now live in Sourthern Arizona!

ohiosteelfan20
01-20-2007, 11:05 PM
My brother likes the Broncos the first game I ever watched was the Steelers and Broncos. I was around 8. I cheered for them just to get at him and it stuck.
16yrs
Ohio

Steelerlyn
01-20-2007, 11:57 PM
I married this crazed Steeler fan who watched the Steelers play every Sunday. He got my small son involved in it and even my daughter, in other words everyone but me, because I hated it so. (I bitched constantly at him) then one Sunday, we were all in the living room and of course that Steeler football was on. My 2 kids were on the floor in front of the tv and my daughter said to my son, "Matt, I love their colors I wish this team was my team." Matt said, "Oh, Missy my team can be your team too and we can watch together." At that moment I looked at my husband who worked 6 days a week as an engineer for GM and I decided that if on his only day off he chose to watch Steeler football with his family he couldn't be too bad of a guy. So I asked him if he would teach me the game. That was before video games (see now you teach someone the game via John Madden games) back then all you had was 3 channels and silly me interrupting asking questions during plays. LOL He did cure me of that one though! He had his work cut out for him since I did not know a first down from a goal post. Today that small son is now married and a baby on the way. He has a really kewl Steeler domain that he let me help him decorate, it is so awesome. Matt is also my Steeler game buddy, we have been to booko games together and we love it.
Terry prefers to watch the games on tvsaying the beer is colder and the potty lines are shorter. Missy loans us her tailgate truck and she stays home because she prefers to; We also took her daughter with us this year. Matt and I go to about 3 games a year and always home playoff games, if the Steelers are in them . We had some friends fly in from NY for the superbowl and we went to Detriot on Saturday to the NFL experience, it was so awesome. Then we came back to Lansing for our super bowl party. I have been a fan since the 60's and I live in Lansing, MI We have no ties to da burgh but we have one heck of alot of friends from there whom we have met through the Black'NGold Pride Club.:tt02: :lol:

BlitzburghNation
01-21-2007, 12:19 AM
GREAT STORY ,,,,,, But I'm jealous,you got to go to the superbowl and i didn't ! LOL

Steelerlyn
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
No, I did not go to the Superbowl. We took our friends from NY to Detriot on Saturday, to the NFL experience, then we drove back to our town, 1.5 hour,
and had our Superbowl party at home.

58Lambert
01-22-2007, 01:42 PM
I have Jerry Jones (yes, the Cowboys owner) to thank for me becoming a diehard Steelers fan!!

Back in the late ‘70s when I was about 10 years old, I became a Cowboys fan because one of my best friends was a Cowboys fan. I loved watching Staubach and Dorsett play. I stayed a fan until Jerry Jones abruptly and disrespectfully fired the legend Tom Landry. Afterwards, I hated Jerry Jones and everything about the Cowboys :chair: . It was time for me to pick a new team… a team I thought was the complete opposite of the Cowboys and their image. Happily, I easily chose the Pittsburgh Steelers for these reasons:

1. They beat Dallas in SB X and XIII.
2. They’re a blue-collar team that plays smash-mouth football, old-school style strong running game and intimidating defense.
3. Cool black uniforms representing the city’s proud steel industry.
4. and last but certainly not least… Jack Lambert.

So, thanks to Jerry Jones for being a stuck-up ***, I became a wiser man.

:steelersrocksign:

BBG7
01-22-2007, 02:01 PM
1. I was born there and my family esp. my Dad are huge Steelers fans, and they made me into the Steeler fan I am today
2. 27 years and counting
3. Dayton, OH