Or This
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/misc/brown6.jpg

Should not equal this
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/misc/brown3.jpg

Or This
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/misc/brown4.jpg

Or the result will be this
http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/misc/brown5.jpg

Now honestly, it's hard to fault the guy for being excited and happy to be doing so well in the league. How many 6th round draft picks have such an impact on their team, especially early on. He worked very hard in the offseason and dedicated himself to being ready to go as soon as he got his chance. He made several big catches late in the year and in the post season in 2010, and so far in 2011 he's starting off like gangbusters. I have all the love in the world for the guy and honestly it didn't really bother me much to see him do the Hines Ward dancing. However as soon as he hung on the rail on Saturday night I knew Tomlin was going to give him an earful. I actually thought it was kinda cool to see somebody get up and interact with the fans after a TD. You never see that at Heinz.

Brown did an interview after the game with Ken Laird and Guy Junker from the Trib, and he mentioned how he just got alittle carried away and excited. He said Tomlin told him, "that's not how we do things around here, be humble". I'm interested to watch how he reacts in the future now and hopefully maybe he can just tone down the celebrations just a tad. As long as he avoids the 15 yd personal fouls for unsportsman like conduct though, I'm pretty ok with it.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-30-2011, 01:01 AM
I understand and I agree but at the same time you don't want to take away his excitement or confidence.....I think his swagger is a huge reason why he is having so much success even if its just preseason.....

I took a flier on Antonio in my my fantasy draft tonight.....He is my 5th WR and I drafted him in the 14th round......sorry to go off topic.....lol

steelersbabex25
08-30-2011, 01:10 AM
I don't care what he does as long as it doesn't involve a 15 yard penalty.

STEELyourface
08-30-2011, 01:14 AM
I understand and I agree but at the same time you don't want to take away his excitement or confidence.....I think his swagger is a huge reason why he is having so much success even if its just preseason.....

I took a flier on Antonio in my my fantasy draft tonight.....He is my 5th WR and I drafted him in the 14th round......sorry to go off topic.....lol

I agree about his swagger being part of his success.

I am so fed up with the NFL legislating all the fun out of the game. Let people celebrate when they get in the endzone, it doesn't take away from anything and its entertaining which is what this is supposed to be all about. I never had a problem with Ochocinco or T.O.'s celebrations. I don't care much for either guy but the way they celebrated never bothered me. Hell, pullling out a sharpie and signing a ball after scoring was funny as hell in my opinion and standing on the cowboys star- I LOVED that!

Blazedby92
08-30-2011, 04:42 AM
I'm sure MT didn't say much but maybe calm down alittle, MT made it look good to veiwers and the media like he was scolding him but otherwise congrats and hey watch it next time, don't get a penalty.

OR Hey you should of been on Dancing with stars not Ward,lol

LarryNJ
08-30-2011, 08:05 AM
I understand his excitement he's working hard to be a starter and a star which will lead to a huge contract for him. We all want to see him get that. MT is doing his job and needs to make sure that he realizes a celebration can lead to a penalty and cost us a game. Emotion and excitement are part of the game but so is being smart.

As far as the rule goes I agree with it. The players were getting to carried away and a line needed to be drawn. I think there's way too much celebrating. Not so much after a td, but more on defense. You see a guy who's team is losing by 17 make a tackle and celebrate like they just won the SB.

Instead of the rule I say let the players police themselves. Sort of like Lambert did after the missed fg in the SB. Soon there would be a code that the players wouldn't break.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-30-2011, 08:18 AM

RIGHT....:clap:

Root4Stlrs
08-30-2011, 09:40 AM
RIGHT....:clap:

:plus1: I appreciate his youthful enthusiasm and also particularly his ability to perform in big situations. However, as he learns discipline in his route running hopefully it correlates with learning what celebrations are appropriate and NOT get a 15 yard penalty!!

K Train
08-30-2011, 10:29 AM
i love that about him and sanders, they both get SO FIRED UP on the field, love the emotion. team mates respond to that no matter how much of a hardass tomlin wants to be

LatrobePA
08-30-2011, 10:32 AM

Ditto, Tomlin has got to let them get fired up...Just no flags!

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-30-2011, 10:35 AM
A little something is all right but "act like you have been there before" and expect to do it again!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-30-2011, 11:01 AM
I think his excitement is part of his game too, he plays with a high level of emotion and intensity. He expects great things from himself every time he catches the ball. I hope he doesn't lose that emotion. As he gets more settled into the offense he'll start to find a happy medium of enthusiasm and composure.

Although if Hines keeps teaching him dance moves, there may be no stopping him. LOL

steelersbabex25
08-30-2011, 01:15 PM
As far as the rule goes I agree with it. The players were getting to carried away and a line needed to be drawn. I think there's way too much celebrating. Not so much after a td, but more on defense. You see a guy who's team is losing by 17 make a tackle and celebrate like they just won the SB.

My brother played hockey all through high school and college, and I remember when I asked him why he didn't celebrate after he scored a goal he said, "because I want the other team to know that I've scored goals before."

Danger DANJ
08-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I don't have a problem with AB jumping into the crowd or dancing. That's not what he got flagged for and I doubt Tomlin said much about that. What got him flagged, and what Tomlin scolded him about, was when he pointed to the DB he just burned while a couple yards away from the endzone. That's taunting and that's a no no.

Rampage
08-30-2011, 01:30 PM
I prefer the Heath Miller school of TD celebrations and would like to see Brown get it out of his system before the regular season. That said, I could deal with ten or fifteen celebrations like that during the regular season if I had to.

LarryNJ
08-30-2011, 02:45 PM
My brother played hockey all through high school and college, and I remember when I asked him why he didn't celebrate after he scored a goal he said, "because I want the other team to know that I've scored goals before."

I like your brother! :)

I prefer the Heath Miller school of TD celebrations and would like to see Brown get it out of his system before the regular season. That said, I could deal with ten or fifteen celebrations like that during the regular season if I had to.

I agree that Heath Miller and going back Barry Sanders style is what I prefer also. But a TD celebration is really not something that bothers me.

Goodfrom55
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Definitely talented, but with his antics, I can see him turning into a younger, faster version of Ocho-Cinco.

STEELyourface
08-30-2011, 05:01 PM
You guys are all a bunch of stuffed shirt prudes! If you get in the endzone you should be able to do a little celebrating, it's all in good fun! The "No Fun League" is trying to take all the emotion out of the game along with all the hitting and I think it's foolish.

I don't need people celebrating a tackle or a first down but a TD, c'mon. I guarantee Tomlin wasn't pissed about that at all. I'm sure he just said don't taunt which is what the penalty was for, not the celebrating. There are limits sure but are you guys really complaining about a little interaction with the fans and a goofy little dance?? Dude was just having some fun.

Goodfrom55
08-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Having fun is one thing, but when the "fun" costs your team a 15 yard penalty, then it becomes stupid. He should know better than to taunt; that's my only issue with the whole thing.

MattyVfromCT
08-30-2011, 06:59 PM
i have no problem with the celebrations, just the taunting of the defense that resulted in a 15 yard penalty. not only does the penalty hurt the team but guys don't take it lightly when they are showed up and will look to jack u up the next chance they can get....

Stairwayto7
08-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Too funny, even Hines gets a little excited now and then let him have fun, but dont be stupid

Bucsfan4ever
08-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Just finished a Yahoo draft. Wanted Antonio for one of my WRs...had to put him in search and he was WAY down there! Boy, do they have him underrated!! Then in the season predictions, they have him as only getting 38 fantasy points for the whole season!! LOL...laughable!!

Root4Stlrs
08-30-2011, 10:53 PM
Just finished a Yahoo draft. Wanted Antonio for one of my WRs...had to put him in search and he was WAY down there! Boy, do they have him underrated!! Then in the season predictions, they have him as only getting 38 fantasy points for the whole season!! LOL...laughable!!

Hey I got him, too! He was 800 something. Look at all the WRs they have rated above him! I just wanted him on my team. Someone else was going to draft him and got mad b/c I got him first.

Speeed
08-30-2011, 11:36 PM
I love that pic of Tomlin in his face. It reminds me of my HS lacrosse coach. Although I can glean what he said, I would love to know exactly!

coldrolled
08-31-2011, 08:18 AM
I love that pic of Tomlin in his face. It reminds me of my HS lacrosse coach. Although I can glean what he said, I would love to know exactly!

he said, Antonio, next time i want you to jump on the field camera and video the fans..

ok, ocho cuatro...

cmerrifield
08-31-2011, 08:44 AM
I dont care, it was preseason. If you get 5 15 yard penalties for excessive celebration in preseason, who cares. I will be mad if it happens when the games count.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-01-2011, 10:55 AM
I hope he got it out of his system in the preseason, but what you do in the preseason you can certainly potentially do in the regular season. These types of penalties can potentially cost you a game.

We talked about this on the podcast the other night too. After the Falcon's game, some reporters were asking BMac what he would do if a WR would taunt him the way that Antonio did in the game. He said in a nutshell that he would be targeting that player the rest of the game.

Just something to think about once the season starts.

K Train
09-01-2011, 10:57 AM
I hope he got it out of his system in the preseason, but what you do in the preseason you can certainly potentially do in the regular season. These types of penalties can potentially cost you a game.

We talked about this on the podcast the other night too. After the Falcon's game, some reporters were asking BMac what he would do if a WR would taunt him the way that Antonio did in the game. He said in a nutshell that he would be targeting that player the rest of the game.

Just something to think about once the season starts.

antonio brown would love a bryant mcfadden caliber player targeting him, hed destroy him lol

tburg68
09-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Football more than any other sport is a game of emotion. I like the celebration. The NFL has gotten out of hand in the penalties on celebration. As long as players are not inciting fights, I say let the celebration go.

Steel Trap86
09-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Doesn't bug me. If he scores a 77 yard catch and run against the Ravens to tie it up in the 4th and cost us a 15 yard penalty that ultimately helped the rats win the game, THEN we have a reason to be pissed. Other then that, he's just embracing his talent lol

Danger DANJ
09-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Why does everyone keep saying he got penalized for celebrating? He didn't. He got penalized for taunting the DB as he was entering the endzone.

As far as I know, you can only get penalized for team celebrations and pulling out foreign objects like Ocho Cinco.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2011, 10:17 AM
He got nailed last night for excessive celebration. After Jonathan Dwyer scored that 50 yd. TD he started dancing with him and both of them got flagged for 15 yds. Tomlin was not happy about it, he was asked about it during the halftime interview.."your thoughts on the personal foul celebration...NONE!"

I'm telling ya, AB better watch it, if that happens in the regular season there is going to be hell to pay.

LatrobePA
09-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Come on Brown it wasn't your TD, you don't need to dance like an idiot, clean it up dick!!

Rampage
09-02-2011, 11:31 AM
He got nailed last night for excessive celebration. After Jonathan Dwyer scored that 50 yd. TD he started dancing with him and both of them got flagged for 15 yds. Tomlin was not happy about it, he was asked about it during the halftime interview.."your thoughts on the personal foul celebration...NONE!"

I'm telling ya, AB better watch it, if that happens in the regular season there is going to be hell to pay.

Hopefully Tomlin unleashes hell on him.

LatrobePA
09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Hopefully Tomlin unleashes hell on him.

You had to didn't you?? lol

STEELyourface
09-02-2011, 01:32 PM

Ya, much different circumstances than the one vs the Falcons but consider the cummulative effect and we can all be a little annoyed because it shows a hint of immaturity. I don't have a problem whatsoever with guys doing some celebrating after a score (when its your TD, that is) and everyone should remember the first one was NOT FOR CELEBRATING but for taunting. That being said he knew full well he got flagged last week and should be cognizant that repeated offenses of this nature will earn you a reputation with the refs and they'll have their hands on their flags as you cross the goal line if this continues. I'm more than willing to give him another pass this time since it is the preseason but if he does it again (especially if he does it soon) I will be pretty annoyed.

Goodfrom55
09-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Talented, but could be trouble is someone doesn't get in his ear about the antics. That type of celebration crap was NEVER part of the Steelers culture. Spike it, throw it into the stands, keep it, and head back to the sidelines.

I know I'm seeing far into the future here, but I don't see him playing in Pittsburgh beyond his current contract because hw will want to be #1 somewhere and he won't be in Pittsburgh as long the Steelers have Wallace and Sanders. . .unless he jumps ahead of Sanders on the depth chart.

STEELyourface
09-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Talented, but could be trouble is someone doesn't get in his ear about the antics. That type of celebration crap was NEVER part of the Steelers culture. Spike it, throw it into the stands, keep it, and head back to the sidelines.

I know I'm seeing far into the future here, but I don't see him playing in Pittsburgh beyond his current contract because hw will want to be #1 somewhere and he won't be in Pittsburgh as long the Steelers have Wallace and Sanders. . .unless he jumps ahead of Sanders on the depth chart.

I don't think so, but I certainly cannot say that you are wrong. But I will say, man, can't we just enjoy before we even gotta start thinking about that sort of thing? I'm just getting my head wrapped around the talent we got and you're already shipping them outta the 'burgh :lol:

Root4Stlrs
09-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I have to disagree a bit about the celebrations/end zone dances not being part of the culture. Not a big part, that's for sure. But I remember Hines mocking T.O. with the Eagle flapping when he scored a TD in the 2004 game - didn't bother TO b/c he was laughing on the sidelines. Hines has done that on occasion over the years and, of course, he is dancing now. I don't think we'll see any more of the two person thing b/c that's an automatic penalty as is using the ball as a prop - fortunately for us the ref didn't see Santonio doing the LeBron imitation with the football LOL

STEELyourface
09-02-2011, 05:37 PM
I have to disagree a bit about the celebrations/end zone dances not being part of the culture. Not a big part, that's for sure. But I remember Hines mocking T.O. with the Eagle flapping when he scored a TD in the 2004 game - didn't bother TO b/c he was laughing on the sidelines. Hines has done that on occasion over the years and, of course, he is dancing now. I don't think we'll see any more of the two person thing b/c that's an automatic penalty as is using the ball as a prop - fortunately for us the ref didn't see Santonio doing the LeBron imitation with the football LOL

That is a very valid point about Hines, he's always had a variety of ways to celebrate a score and let's not forget Lynn Swann doing his fair share of celebrating too. It wasn't to the extent they do today but the things he did were that generations equivilant to current times.

Goodfrom55
09-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not trying to imply someone who scores a TD should flip the ball to the ref and go back to the sideline (although it would be nice - IMO), but don't do anything stupid that will cost your team a 15 yard penalty on a kickoff. When you see a pattern of behavior developing ( same penalty 2 weeks in a row), it sends up Red Flags that this needs to go away. Brown is talented and has a tremendous upside, but I can see him turning into CHad Johnson if allowed to do so. (Ocho Cinco, whoops).

STEELyourface
09-02-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm not trying to imply someone who scores a TD should flip the ball to the ref and go back to the sideline (although it would be nice - IMO), but don't do anything stupid that will cost your team a 15 yard penalty on a kickoff. When you see a pattern of behavior developing ( same penalty 2 weeks in a row), it sends up Red Flags that this needs to go away. Brown is talented and has a tremendous upside, but I can see him turning into CHad Johnson if allowed to do so. (Ocho Cinco, whoops).

I think we're all in agreement there. I said something pretty similar to that in an earlier post, but I don't see him getting as carried away as Ochocino though.

These guys are just from a slightly different generation than most of us and that is how they express themselves. I don't think it is anything selfish or specifically designed to call attention to themselves. Obviously it does call attention to them but I don't think that is the sole purpose. Chad's celebrations never bothered me either, just light hearted fun.

Goodfrom55
09-02-2011, 07:12 PM
As long as the refs keep the flag in their belt, I'm cool with it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-02-2011, 08:18 PM
That's a good point, he's got 2 personal fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct / excessive celebration in the preseason. He's already got a target on his back with the officials. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw the flag for anything more than a spike of the ball now.

From BRC's DroidX of Awesomeness

Root4Stlrs
09-02-2011, 08:34 PM
That is a very valid point about Hines, he's always had a variety of ways to celebrate a score and let's not forget Lynn Swann doing his fair share of celebrating too. It wasn't to the extent they do today but the things he did were that generations equivilant to current times.

Exactly and they should be allowed to be excited and celebrate when they score a TD. Just don't get a penalty. We all agree on that. Theoretically, it could have cost us SB XVIII although I think the D would still have stopped them. I love that conversation Tomlin had with Woodley before they went out there for that last series, but I digress.

RIVERS OF STEEL
09-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Don't wanaa offend anyone now do we Atontio. Especially the loser. Anyhow, rules are rules. One crummy penalty like that in a key game and poof... Brownie cool it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-03-2011, 02:08 AM
Brown's penalties irk Tomlin

Tomlin was not happy with Antonio Brown's second 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty in two games after a touchdown was scored. He was hit with one for taunting as he pointed the football toward the Falcons on way to a 77-yard touchdown reception in the third preseason game. Thursday night in Charlotte, he joined in to celebrate Jonathan Dwyer's 50-yard touchdown run and was hit with another flag.

"No excuses, man, I got to lock in and be disciplined," Brown said. "I knew the rule. I was having too much fun. Really, no excuses."

From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11246/1172001-66-0.stm#ixzz1WrZST4A7)

Bucsfan4ever
09-03-2011, 08:45 AM
I may be old as dirt but I'm glad I got to live while good ol' football had its celebrations, lots of taunting...pointing the football at the opposing team...unthinkable!!

I know...he's got to the follow the "rules" but I still miss it!

STEELyourface
09-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I may be old as dirt but I'm glad I got to live while good ol' football had its celebrations, lots of taunting...pointing the football at the opposing team...unthinkable!!

I know...he's got to the follow the "rules" but I still miss it!

I'm with you, the ONLY reason I don't want our guys taunting is because it is a penalty. I miss it too.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-04-2011, 10:36 AM
Brown attached a name to the leap he took into the Heinz Field stands after scoring Aug. 27 against the Atlanta Falcons.

"That's the Spider-Man Leap," Brown said, and explained, "because it kind of made me feel like Spider-Man."

From the PG (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11247/1172101-66-0.stm#ixzz1WzTQmaF4)

I love spiderman, grew up always watching the cartoons and even that show back in the day where they made him shoot out webs that looked like ropes, LOL.

Spiderman Leap? Atleast call it "Spidey Time or The Spider" or something, LOL.