PDA

View Full Version : Steelers offense looks ready to roll

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Impressive night for the starters on offense. Ben and Antonio looked in sync on the big plays. Running game was not spectacular like last week but it was fairly effective. Overall they came out firing right on the first drive. I liked the aggressive play calling and rhythm of the starters.

Roethlisberger - 11/16 for 214 yds. & 2 TD's.
Antonio Brown - 4 receptions for 137 yds. & 2 TD's. He also returned the opening kick 51 yds to set up the first score.

It will take time for the offensive line to settle in and begin to work as a cohesive group. They did a decent job of protecting Ben, but credit a good front 7 of the Falcons for limiting the effectiveness of the run game. It didn't matter much tonight though because the Steelers came out with a purpose on offense, to get the passing game on track and start to see what their arsenal could develop into once the season starts. Mission accomplished.

steelersbabex25
08-28-2011, 12:25 AM
So excited so excited so excited so excited so excited for a big offensive year.

LatrobePA
08-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Ben looks impressive as hell!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Wallace, Brown, and Sanders....oh my....lol I'm ready for the Steelers to have a juggernaut offense....Hey old time fans and I think you might agree with my point here.....Hey in the late 70s after the Mel Blount rule went into effect and the Steel Curtain D was getting alitte long in the tooth the Steelers offense really exploded in the 2nd repeat.......Chuck Noll knew he had the QB and the WR's to put up points and to take advantage of the new rule to help the defense especially since they were an older group....

I see the similarity with this current team.....This current D is an aging group and the offense has the QB/WR's to exploit the pussified rules set by Goodell protecting the offensive players even more........Maybe history is repeating itself.......

Root4Stlrs
08-28-2011, 12:27 AM
These guys could be scary good if the offensive line comes together. Imagine if Saunders also had a breakout year. I'm just dreaming. We sure have the QB and receivers to have a great year.

steelchamp204
08-28-2011, 12:29 AM
It might be scarier if we didnt have.................................Bruce Arians.

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Wallace, Brown, and Sanders....oh my....lol I'm ready for the Steelers to have a juggernaut offense....Hey old time fans and I think you might agree with my point here.....Hey in the late 70s after the Mel Blount rule went into effect and the Steel Curtain D was getting alitte long in the tooth the Steelers offense really exploded in the 2nd repeat.......Chuck Noll knew he had the QB and the WR's to put up points and to take advantage of the new rule to help the defense especially since they were an older group....

I see the similarity with this current team.....This current D is an aging group and the offense has the QB/WR's to exploit the pussified rules set by Goodell protecting the offensive players even more........Maybe history is repeating itself.......

I like your thinking and do remember those old teams and agree with your point !!:yellowthumb::yellowthumb::tt02::tt02:

LatrobePA
08-28-2011, 12:33 AM
It might be scarier if we didnt have.................................Bruce Arians.

Granted he hasn't had to call a full starter game but he's been decent so far..

steelersbabex25
08-28-2011, 12:33 AM
I was doing some research on Cotchery also since I really didn't no too much about him, but I love him and what he can do. He's like Ward but faster.

LatrobePA
08-28-2011, 12:36 AM
He and favre made magic!

Root4Stlrs
08-28-2011, 12:40 AM

Admit it - wouldn't you really miss those bubble screens? LOL

steelchamp204
08-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Admit it - wouldn't you really miss those bubble screens? LOL

I call for atleast 5 bubble screens to Ward a GAME. Specially during press coverage. BA does a good job fulfilling my needs as a fan :). Idk if I cant go without them anymore lol.

Root4Stlrs
08-28-2011, 12:47 AM
I call for atleast 5 bubble screens to Ward a GAME. Specially during press coverage. BA does a good job fulfilling my needs as a fan :). Idk if I cant go without them anymore lol.

Thanks for the laugh. It has been depressing here today with the rain and wind. Nasty all day. I also hate the injuries.

STEELyourface
08-28-2011, 01:01 AM

Those are some really valid points. I'm not really old enough to truly remember those teams but similarities sure seem to be there.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I was doing some research on Cotchery also since I really didn't no too much about him, but I love him and what he can do. He's like Ward but faster.

He's a younger version of Ward, same type of player. I was hoping to see him in the Falcon's game last night but they held him out since he's nursing an injury. He doesn't need training camp or preseason to get ready though, when they call his number he'll be productive.

Something else with the offense last night, did anybody see David Johnson? I would hope so, he made the first 2 catches in the game off those roll outs from Ben. He's got that 2nd TE spot nailed down pat and he showed that he's got some good hands too. Just another weapon for an offense that looks like it's chompin at the bit to get started.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-28-2011, 08:10 PM
I like the o-line with J.Scott/Gibert at LT Foster/Kemo LG Pouncey C Hills RG And Colon RT these once a days practices are great for Bens arm he's gonna have a big year this year,Our recievers are gonna be nasty this year, our D-line is gonna be nice this year also our LB's are gonna be great this year, and as long as we keep the right DB's we are gonna be fine this year, only concern i have is the special team kicks and coverages, other than that get ready for an exciting year, oh yea AB is a beast it seems like he's faster this year...

Dobre Shunka
08-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I digg the Cotchery acquisition. One of the better ones of recent history. He adds a dimension to getting that 1st or goal in up close situations where it's run, Ward, Miller and/or .....................now Cotchery.

I like.

STEELyourface
08-28-2011, 10:39 PM
I digg the Cotchery acquisition. One of the better ones of recent history. He adds a dimension to getting that 1st or goal in up close situations where it's run, Ward, Miller and/or .....................now Cotchery.

I like.

Right after we signed him someone started a thread about what role he would fill on the team and I posted that he would have a significant impact and be productive for us and I got absolutely killed. Now all those people seem to be seeing what I was talking about.

Stairwayto7
08-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Our defense may not get as much press as our defense this year. I like the idea of having a top 3 Defense and top 3 offense, IMO

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2011, 09:40 PM
This might actually be the year where the offense does get more recognition than the defense. The firepower that this unit has is something we haven't ever seen with a Steelers team. So much speed, so much talent, the only thing holding them back will be the offensive line. Let's face it, they've proven they overcome a sub par line and win super bowls so we'll see what happens. I'd just like to see an OLine actually stand out for something good instead of something negative for once.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-29-2011, 09:44 PM
Ben 40 TD passes this year?

Wallace-12
Brown-8
Ward-6
Miller-5
Sanders-4
Cotchery-4

That is 39 to the main weapons....Of course this just my prediction but its not crazy to think this could happen......

BlitzburghRockCity
08-29-2011, 09:46 PM
Considering the big play ability that we've seen so far in preseason, I wouldn't be shocked to see this offense score a lot more points than we're used too. They certainly have the potential, but my fear is they'll fold up and go into safe mode in the 2nd half like they did last year when they have the lead. If they keep the pedal to the metal all game long there's no reason to think they can't score 30 points per game if they want.

Root4Stlrs
08-29-2011, 11:31 PM
This is definitely going to be Ben's best year ever. I don't think the predictions are off at all. They need to keep the pressure on and keep scoring. I think they will run away from SF, Cincinnati, Jacksonville, Seattle and they need to do that so we can get a big lead and our young corners can get some more experience.

LarryNJ
09-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Is there any doubt that Ben will be back to being the captain this year? I don't think so.

This is going to be the highest scoring team we have ever seen. It's going to be a fun year.