PDA

View Full Version : AFC North Acquisitions - any threat?

andyg1984
08-25-2011, 12:06 AM
Iguess the latest is the Bryant Mckinnie signing .. initial reports are that they are going to mover oher to RT and Yanda to RG .. think this helps them much?

So now this is Mckinnie, Leach and Evans they brought in on offense .. two WRs in the draft .. so they really have made the effort to keep up with us offensively..imo we will shut down their run game with or without a run-blocking LT in mckinnie a pro-bowl FB so the new WRs are a slight upgrade maybe but nothing to be worried about ..

The bungals go out and get a mismatched Dalton and Green ..

Other than Greg Little and the moments where green succeeds despite Dalton I feel like the other offenses in the AFCN are really going to stagnate over the next two years ..

We have a grip on most dangerous offense in our division for how long? feels like it could be a long time ..

SteelerCountry58
08-25-2011, 12:21 AM
No real threats as far as I see. We need to go down to Baltimore week one
and slap the Ratbirds in the mouth for a crucial division win to start the season out.

Real Deal Steel
08-25-2011, 12:30 AM
I feel that once we pimp slap the Ravens in week # 1, everything will be as it should. But I will say this:

If you look at Clevland's schedule, factoring in the maturation of Colt Mccoy that I'm seeing in the preseason, we will need to beat them at the end of the year to secure the division for sure. The Browns first 11 games are cake walks.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2011, 12:34 AM
The Browns could easily be 8-8 this year, they have some good talent on offense and Colt McCoy spent some time with Brett Favre this offseason learning how the west coast offense works. They will struggle learning, there is no doubt, but they are improving.

The Bengals are a train wreck, plain and simple.

The Ravens signed Lee Evans last week, he'll be a good threat at WR with Bouldin. Their offense still runs with Rice and Flacco. The Steelers will always have their work cut out for them but it's obviously doable on any given week.

Steel Trap86
08-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Ravens game is such a crucial one. if we beat them week 1, there's no reason why we don't do it again at home on the sunday night primetime game. Baltimore is our only real threat, the Browns are still years away from being division contenders and the Bengals look like **** run over twice. It all starts with beating the Ravens in 2 and a half weeks. I want to see Brown become the new Raven killer!

igor0190
08-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Ratbirds message forum topics right now include:

"How Will You React If We Lose To Pittsburgh?"
"Concern? (Flacco uncomfortable and fidgety)"
"Torrey Smith Not Ready To Be #3 WR"
"How many times will Flacco get sacked this year? "

Black@Gold Forever32
08-25-2011, 01:44 AM
McKinnie sucks..........Oher moving back to RT is a good move for him though since I think he struggled at times at LT......Leach is a very good blocking FB and he should be able to help out Ray Rice......I don't think much of the Lee Evans signing.....He is ok but nothing really the Steelers should be worried about.....Flacco squats to pee when it counts.....especially against the Steelers.....

Colt McCoy doesn't have the arm to succeed in Cleveland when the weather turns foul.....I really don't see much from the Browns this year...I think they win 6 games....

The Bengals are a huge joke right now....They will fight for the first overall pick next year......

coldrolled
08-25-2011, 07:49 AM
Leach is a meat tenderizer... we should have picked him up and sent johnson to the ratbirds.. if they use leach often, he will hurt us...

the browns are going to be the trap games this year. we need to be alert playing them..

the bengals scores could be 35-0. we better use those games to play some of our young guys after we get the big leads.

LatrobePA
08-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Bengals traded for Taylor Mays..

I also read the Ravens WR draft picks are out to lunch and will not help the team this year..

Cleveland is looking good so far, I'd say they'll make more noise than the Rats!

Rampage
08-25-2011, 12:00 PM
All the Steelers need to do against the Ravens is keep a plate of pizza bagels on the sideline. They'll keep McKinnie distracted long enough for him to be tooled by Jimmy for a sack.

TampaSteelGirl
08-25-2011, 12:03 PM
I feel that once we pimp slap the Ravens in week # 1, everything will be as it should. But I will say this:

If you look at Clevland's schedule, factoring in the maturation of Colt Mccoy that I'm seeing in the preseason, we will need to beat them at the end of the year to secure the division for sure. The Browns first 11 games are cake walks.

:rofl: Love pimp slap...Love it!

I don't think the Ravens will be as big as a threat and I HATE to say this but.....The Browns. I gotta say last year when Colt McCoy was QBing for them I was a bit nervous to play them.....IMO of course.

Meaning we are in Flacco's head..don't think he can beat us the Ben playing...Poor Colt McCoy isn't quite there yet :rofl:

andyg1984
08-25-2011, 12:35 PM
McKinnie sucks..........Oher moving back to RT is a good move for him though since I think he struggled at times at LT......Leach is a very good blocking FB and he should be able to help out Ray Rice......I don't think much of the Lee Evans signing.....He is ok but nothing really the Steelers should be worried about.....Flacco squats to pee when it counts.....especially against the Steelers.....

Colt McCoy doesn't have the arm to succeed in Cleveland when the weather turns foul.....I really don't see much from the Browns this year...I think they win 6 games....

The Bengals are a huge joke right now....They will fight for the first overall pick next year......

yea, i would be more concerned if they got a pass blocking OT and some real legit outside threats .. i just dnt feel there are many explosive threats in the division we have to worry about ... love the squat to pee comment btw .. lol

Black@Gold Forever32
08-25-2011, 12:40 PM
Browns are a 6 win team book it....McCoy doesn't have the arm to play in crappy weather when the weather turns foul in the winter......They have no threat at WR besides Greg Little and he is a rookie.....I guess they're looking to make Cribbs more of a WR this year but he is nothing really to worry about at this point either.....

The Ravens are still in the hunt for the AFC North....I think the Steelers kick the crap out of them in the first week but they will be in the hunt for the division title and you can book it.....

--- Added 8/25/2011 at 10:40 AM ---

yea, i would be more concerned if they got a pass blocking OT and some real legit outside threats .. i just dnt feel there are many explosive threats in the division we have to worry about ... love the squat to pee comment btw .. lol

I have said that about Flacco for years.........He couldn't beat out the great Tyler Palko at Pitt.....I understand Palko was a PA high school God but Flacco couldn't hack it at Pitt and he transferred to Delaware.....I think he is good NFL QB but I don't think he has the mental makeup to get it done in pressure moments (especially against the Steelers).....I don't count that mighty 40 yard drive last year when he beat the Steelers with Batch at QB.....lol