PDA

View Full Version : Will Hines Ward face discipline from the NFL?

connecticutsteel
08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
Two players will meet Goodell to discuss there behavior during the offseason The question is Hines Ward 's name next on that list and will the NFLPA oppose any suspensions? Afterall the mischief happened during the lock out.

LatrobePA
08-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Hell NO!!

connecticutsteel
08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Let's hope not but we do have Cotchery

Ibleedblk&gld
08-23-2011, 12:13 PM
i thought they already said that ward and harrison would not face discipline?

steelersbabex25
08-23-2011, 01:29 PM
i thought they already said that ward and harrison would not face discipline?

I thought they couldn't since technically all this went on when they were unemployed.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-23-2011, 01:39 PM
He said Harrison would not face league discipline. He didn't say anything about Ward, that I know of. I could be wrong though, I'd have to look again.

Remember, Harrison just acted in poor taste with the Men's Journal comments. Ward actually broke the law and was arrested.

Technically the league could punish anybody they wanted for personal conduct issues even during the lockout but as we saw, they just didn't have time to deal with such issues. Ward was under contract this offeason, meaning he wasn't a free agent. The whole lockout thing clouded a lot of issues but I wouldn't put it past the league to give Ward a fine atleast.

LatrobePA
08-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Would it be the end of the world if he was?? NOPE!

Ibleedblk&gld
08-23-2011, 02:27 PM
end of the world is happening right now

Goodfrom55
08-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Innocent until proven guilty.

LatrobePA
08-23-2011, 04:06 PM
end of the world is happening right now

At least he can fall back on dancing...

86WARD
08-23-2011, 10:02 PM
No. Maybe a slap on the wrist...but no suspension.

STEELyourface
08-23-2011, 10:39 PM
How many games would we be talking if he did get suspended 2 at the most?? I don't think he will since he has a good track record but if they did we really wouldn't miss him much and in the long run it may keep him a little fresher. It wasn't a straight up DUI either, was it? I was thinking it was one of those "with measurable amount" or something like that, I think legally, that makes a bit of a difference.

I don't think that is a concern for someone like Hines, I was just trying to put a positive spin on it more than anything.

--- Added 8/23/2011 at 09:39 PM ---

Oh and this is completely off the topic but I wondered how many of you guys knew this (I just learned about this within the past year or so):

Any NFL player can call for a ride anytime anywhere- No charge, No tip, No questions.

I guess the drivers are ex-FBI types with a license to carry a gun and are bodyguard/secret service type as well. An NFL player could call for xyz number of people to be picked up and taken wherever, whenever.

I'm pretty sure I have that all correct. I heard that somewhere a while back, I believe from a former NFL player that now works at ESPN on someones radio show. Anyhow, it was someone that would know and was very sure spoken about the details.

I could have mixed up the details myself but if that is factual then I can never excuse any NFL player from getting a DUI, period!

jpele
08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
This is a first offense for Hines, no suspension.

I'm a lot more curious to see what happens to Fat Albert, he was actually convicted ( gotohell and Kraft are friends) and Haynesworth is a repeat offender.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Root4Stlrs
08-23-2011, 11:49 PM
This is a first offense for Hines, no suspension.

I'm a lot more curious to see what happens to Fat Albert, he was actually convicted ( gotohell and Kraft are friends) and Haynesworth is a repeat offender.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right. I thought there was a fairly clear cut drug/alcohol offense policy and in terms of a first DUI it would involve counseling, monitoring, etc.

STEELyourface
08-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Right. I thought there was a fairly clear cut drug/alcohol offense policy and in terms of a first DUI it would involve counseling, monitoring, etc.

I think you are right. I'm trying to remember exactly what happened to Braylon Edwards- I'm thinking he ended up doing some community service but that may have been on his own for PR purposes. He's the most recent DUI incident that I can think of at the moment and I really don't remember much coming from the commisioners office at all.

jpele
08-24-2011, 08:02 AM
I'm thinking he ended up doing some community service

Hines will be ordered to give Goodell dancing lessons in lieu of community service. Roger wants to look good when he and Robert Kraft go out on the town. :yesnod:

Thisoneguy555
08-24-2011, 10:44 AM
He said Harrison would not face league discipline. He didn't say anything about Ward, that I know of. I could be wrong though, I'd have to look again.

Remember, Harrison just acted in poor taste with the Men's Journal comments. Ward actually broke the law and was arrested.

Technically the league could punish anybody they wanted for personal conduct issues even during the lockout but as we saw, they just didn't have time to deal with such issues. Ward was under contract this offeason, meaning he wasn't a free agent. The whole lockout thing clouded a lot of issues but I wouldn't put it past the league to give Ward a fine atleast.

Goodell stated specifically that Harrison would not face punishment, he wouldn't even talk to Harrison about the incident. Also because of the new CBA, I know they changed the 'personal' conduct issues with how Goodell can handle fining people and how much control Goodell has, so he can't just go fining anyone he wants. Now the Steelers have the right to fine Harrison for his personal conduct issues.

Ward will get fined, I don't remember any players getting suspended for their first DUI offense. Now players have gotten suspended for getting more than one DUI.

TampaSteelGirl
08-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Well considering REPEAT offender Kenny Britt will probably get a coke and a smile...Hines better not get anything other than a "bad boy..don't do it again".