PDA

View Full Version : Lamarr Woodley: 16 Sacks is doable

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2011, 09:47 AM
Listening to Lamarr Woodley talking to Ken Laird from the Trib, they were talking about how he looks to improve this coming season.

Per the man himself, 16 sacks is a possibility for him and something he is shooting for. He felt like his total dropped off last year in the regular season and he wants to step up his game in that area but also he's looking to improve in the pass coverage area. He said coming out of college he had a 38.5" vertical, and while he can't quite do that now he's still confident in his ability to jump up and tip passes.

Listening to him talk, he also mentioned that he hasn't played his best football yet, and he knows he can still get better. Considering the production he's given to the Steelers in his young career so far, a better Lamarr Woodley means trouble for opposing offenses.

He had a hand on that Polamalu interception last week vs. the Eagles. Especially with Harrison still working his way back to form after his back surgery, Woodley will be looked upon to step up his game.

K Train
08-22-2011, 10:31 AM
hes lookin beast right now...maybe this will be his year he doesnt start out so slow. usually he has low scak numbers, looks slow and overweight for about 5 games....so far this year the man looks like hes in beast mode, as he should be with that healthy paycheck

TampaSteelGirl
08-22-2011, 11:23 AM
I cant wait for regular season!! Im a bit worried what Woodley may do to Peyton Manning???? :dunno:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I cant wait for regular season!! Im a bit worried what Woodley may do to Peyton Manning???? :dunno:

I'm hoping he kicks Peyton's ***....especially since I will be at that game....lol Would love to see that happen live......I think Woodley is going to sack Flacco 3 times in week 1.........

Ravens/Steelers games are usually close but I have a feeling the Steelers are going to kick the **** out of the Ravens that first game....Just a weird feeling I have.......

steelcitysfinestXL
08-22-2011, 11:34 AM
hes lookin beast right now...maybe this will be his year he doesnt start out so slow. usually he has low scak numbers, looks slow and overweight for about 5 games....so far this year the man looks like hes in beast mode, as he should be with that healthy paycheck

Yeah with the exception of that openner VS. HOU where he almost killed Matt Schaub he really does start out pretty slow. You're right, we need him to get it going week 1. He usually does well against BAL though!

LatrobePA
08-22-2011, 11:37 AM
I'd give my right *** to see him plant Flacco with only one getting up the other needing a snow shovel removal service!

LarryNJ
08-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Ravens/Steelers games are usually close but I have a feeling the Steelers are going to kick the **** out of the Ravens that first game....Just a weird feeling I have.......

I think LaMarr has that feeling too! :)

I'm looking for a huge year from him.

steelersbabex25
08-22-2011, 01:27 PM
LaMarr always talks big. I love him and he's a great player but you can't really believe anything that comes out of his mouth. All I'm going to say is I'll believe it when I see it.

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2011, 01:31 PM
LaMarr always talks big. I love him and he's a great player but you can't really believe anything that comes out of his mouth. All I'm going to say is I'll believe it when I see it.

He had 13.5 sacks in 09 with a very slow first half (as he usually has). 16 isn't a ridiculous goal at all. It's not like he's a guy averaging 5 sacks a year saying he'll break the single season record. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get 16. He's good for 10+ every year and with the new contract is happy and motivated, especially after a down year last year even though it was still a good season. I expect a big year out of wood

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Diehardsteel
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM

You're not alone on that one. I really feel like the Ravens have gotten weaker in the off season. They really ruined their season by letting Cotchery, a very quality WR, sign with us. I think we win and win big in Baltimore week 1.

steelersbabex25
08-22-2011, 01:35 PM
He had 13.5 sacks in 09 with a very slow first half (as he usually has). 16 isn't a ridiculous goal at all. It's not like he's a guy averaging 5 sacks a year saying he'll break the single season record. It wouldn't surprise me to see him get 16. He's good for 10+ every year and with the new contract is happy and motivated, especially after a down year last year even though it was still a good season. I expect a big year out of wood

I'm not saying that he's talking big with the 16 sack thing. If he doesn't take a quick snooze the first half of the season and then wake up right around the playoff run then 16 sacks is very doable. He just talks out of his own *** in general.

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm hoping he kicks Peyton's ***....especially since I will be at that game....lol Would love to see that happen live......I think Woodley is going to sack Flacco 3 times in week 1.........

Forget Peyton he's the least of our worries. His status for the beginning of the season is in doubt anyways. Brady is the one guy in football I would absolutely LOVE to see get the living **** beat out of him by wood, silverback, hell, the whole Steeler d. He's our damn kryptonite and they are LONG OVERDUE for a serious asswhooping from us, physically and on the scoreboard with that gay *** bieber looking douche behind center. I don't just want to beat them I want a damn massacre......

Black@Gold Forever32
08-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Forget Peyton he's the least of our worries. His status for the beginning of the season is in doubt anyways. Brady is the one guy in football I would absolutely LOVE to see get the living **** beat out of him by wood, silverback, hell, the whole Steeler d. He's our damn kryptonite and they are LONG OVERDUE for a serious asswhooping from us, physically and on the scoreboard with that gay *** bieber looking douche behind center. I don't just want to beat them I want a damn massacre......

I just hate Peyton Manning and since I will be at the game I want to see the Steelers sack his *** all game...never said I was worried about Peyton Manning......

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I just hate Peyton Manning and since I will be at the game I want to see the Steelers sack his *** all game...never said I was worried about Peyton Manning......

Oh don't get me wrong I hate manning too. But we've usually handled him fine. Brady has been a thorn in our side for so long and living in new england I can't stand these obnoxious pat fans. Never heard a peep from patriots village until after the super bowl wins. Then they cloned themselves by the millions and became a "nation". I hope we beat the living **** out of them this year.....

Black@Gold Forever32
08-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Oh don't get me wrong I hate manning too. But we've usually handled him fine. Brady has been a thorn in our side for so long and living in new england I can't stand these obnoxious pat fans. Never heard a peep from patriots village until after the super bowl wins. Then they cloned themselves by the millions and became a "nation". I hope we beat the living **** out of them this year.....

I will be at the Colts/Steelers game so I want to see the Steelers just flat out destroy the Colts.....I would love nothing more to see all those Colts fans go home disappointed especially if Golden Boy got his *** kicked all game.....:lol:

TampaSteelGirl
08-22-2011, 01:55 PM

I concur my friend....:clap:

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2011, 02:16 PM
I will be at the Colts/Steelers game so I want to see the Steelers just flat out destroy the Colts.....I would love nothing more to see all those Colts fans go home disappointed especially if Golden Boy got his *** kicked all game.....:lol:

And u know they will lol. That fanbase is pathetic. Just look at pics from their superbowl parade. There was hardly anyone there. You could actually see the sidewalk they were that scarce. And they all act like Peyton manning is god out there. Please he has lost so many big games in every phase of his career, high school, NCAA and nfl. For somebody who's constantly hailed as the "greatest of all time" he certainly shows up very small in the playoffs.....

Black@Gold Forever32
08-22-2011, 02:59 PM
I live in Indiana so I have put up with a ton of crap from Colts fan who really don't have a clue period......

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2011, 03:04 PM
I live in Indiana so I have put up with a ton of crap from Colts fan who really don't have a clue period......

Colt fans have no clue alright. There's 2 type of colt fans. The manning crowd who didn't give a rats *** before manning. Then the idiots who were colt fans before manning that are still convinced aaron Beasley caught harbaugh's hail Mary in the 95 afccg despite crystal clear footage of it coming off his stomach and touching the three rivers turf.....

Nolrog
08-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Listening to Lamarr Woodley talking to Ken Laird from the Trib, they were talking about how he looks to improve this coming season.

Per the man himself, 16 sacks is a possibility for him and something he is shooting for.

16? That's only one a game. He can do better than that!!!

lloydfan4life
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM

I seriously love the way you think, Matty!!! :yellowthumb:

connecticutsteel
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
I think we have added enough speed and youth on the defense and we know brady will work the middle of the field . If we can shut down the middle of the field we stop brady

Can you see it now Brady with a bent ,broken and bloody nose yea!!!!!!

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Colts and Pats fans are nothing compared to "dream team" fans where I live...SMFH

MattyVfromCT
08-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Colts and Pats fans are nothing compared to "dream team" fans where I live...SMFH

it all comes down to where you live lol

igor0190
08-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Saw a Colts game in Indianapolis once... I swear it was like I was at a golf event. Never heard so many lulls followed by golf clapping, then another lull. It was strange.

STEELyourface
08-22-2011, 11:20 PM
Any of you guys ever notice that after a Steeler signs a big contract they usually have a good year?? It seems like just the opposite of the norm. Usually guys get paid and become sort of content, complacent, and in some cases downright lazy. On the other hand, after a Steeler signs one it is almost like they want to justify it to the front office and us, the fans, so much they crank it up to another level.

Well, if that trend continues I'd say Woodley is going to have no problem eclipsing that number.

steelersgal86
08-23-2011, 06:40 AM

That would be great....it is long over due....:cope:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-23-2011, 01:28 PM
If that trend does continue STEEL, then I suspect that 3 of the 4 linebackers will have double digit sacks and atleast 100+ Tackles. Actually I'd expect that anyways, LOL.

Woodley has no problems getting motivated for games, and he's quickly gained the reputation as a fierce, relentless, and overall nasty pass rusher. I'm looking for great things from him this year and for a long time to come.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-23-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't think Woodley gets to 16 but I think he leads the team this year with 14 sacks....Harrison will have around 11-12 and his usual 7 forced fumbles....Dude is a monster at forcing fumbles.......I think Timmons will have around 5-7 sacks along with 3 INT's.........

K Train
08-23-2011, 02:44 PM
id guess harrison 10, woodley 15, and timmons 11

gay 2, ike 2, troy 3, farrior 1, slyvester 2, hood 3, keisel 4, heyward 2

steelersbabex25
08-23-2011, 03:05 PM

That's awfully specific :lol:

MDSteel15
08-23-2011, 04:20 PM

:thinking: Where's Foote?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-24-2011, 03:17 PM

You think Timmons can rack up 11 sacks? Middle Linebackers for the Steelers don't usually reach that many, although if anyone can I wouldn't put it past Timmons to do it.

As far as Woodley goes, I fully expect him to have atleast 13-15 sacks this year, anything less I think is sub par given his talent level and paycheck.

K Train
08-24-2011, 03:20 PM
timmons had like 7 last year right?

hes the best blitzer on the team, and depending how harrisons back holds up i wouldnt be surprised to see timmons blowing through the oline giving harrisons body a little break from the wear and tear of being held on every play

BlitzburghRockCity
08-24-2011, 03:23 PM
In 2010 he had: 3 Sacks, 135 Tackles, 2 FF, 2 INT.

I would love to see him break double digits, but given how much run stopping they do and dropping back into coverage I think it might be hard for him to hit 11. He is that good though, so it's certainly possible. He made big strides last year from the year before.