PDA

View Full Version : Is this really what games are coming to in stadiums.

steelchamp204
08-20-2011, 07:37 PM
If so this is sad, and the Nfl needs to tighten up its security. You know, sometimes I wish alcohol wasnt sold in the games due to this kind of ****. I know its not alcohol sometimes but it prob does provoke some ppl to get physical and ****. I mean. What if that was a father and had a son with him. I know its the nature of the beast not to go to another teams house to watch your team. But this **** is getting rediculous. Something has to be done by the nfl for this kind of ****. I know some ppl might thnk its funny a ravens fan get knocked out. But i just see this as stupidity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhd54CL8FfQ

steelersbabex25
08-20-2011, 07:47 PM
What else do you expect from Ravens fans..

Koopa
08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
I think that should happen more often lol.... I love senseless violence lol

JensK
08-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Man that first guy goes down..

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-20-2011, 08:10 PM
Damn! Put him out lol

Speeed
08-20-2011, 08:36 PM
I don't feel sorry for any of them. One reaps what one sows. People are stupid, and many drunk fans at an NFL game are at the apex of stupidity.

Fighting is dumb. Getting involved in a fight over an event that you have absolutely no effect over, stake in, or involvement with is the epitome of being a dumba***. I agree, fans who fight or become a common nuisance should be prosectued and or banned.

Pinheads.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2011, 08:45 PM
It's typical of Ravens fans, I've seen it happen first hand myself. Damn near got into it several times before with some of them at their stadium.

MattyVfromCT
08-20-2011, 08:50 PM
I don't feel sorry for any of them. One reaps what one sows. People are stupid, and many drunk fans at an NFL game are at the apex of stupidity.

Fighting is dumb. Getting involved in a fight over an event that you have absolutely no effect over, stake in, or involvement with is the epitome of being a dumba***. I agree, fans who fight or become a common nuisance should be prosectued and or banned.

Pinheads.

Couldn't agree more. The biggest disgrace is what happened to that san francisco giants fan at the dodger stadium parking lot. A bunch of dodger fans jumped the guy and beat the living crap out of him and also attempted to gouge his eyes out. People like that are the scum of the earth and belong behind bars.....

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2011, 09:21 PM
This kind of stuff happens regularly, mix in alcohol and rabid, rival fans and it's a recipe for disaster. I don't get drunk at football games, it's tooexpensive and the tickets cost an arm and a leg. I want to remember the game.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-21-2011, 12:56 AM
yo. youse talkin bout the ravens. have you watched the morons from baltimore all summer long including dip **** ray ray threatnin to burn down the city by the bay (chesapeake bay that is). WTF does anyone expect from this mob.

STEELyourface
08-21-2011, 01:40 AM
1- the thing with the Dodgers/Giants fans

2- that moron Phillies fan that puked on someone

3- 40 year old grown men that knock people down trying to catch a foul ball or T shirt

4- that father/son tandem that beat up a base coach (many years back now)

5- that kid that ran on the field and got tazor'd then whined about "unnecessary force"

All these and many more prove that we as a society are idiots. I know we all aren't but as we learn in grade school it only takes a few to ruin it for the whole class! I think they should just stop selling booze! I know many of us can handle it but enough have proven they can't. I also know that wouldn't take care of all of it but it would help. I'm sorry but we've shown in this country that we just can't handle the responsibility. I've heard Colin Cowherd rant about this for a few years now and this is one of the few instances where I (as much as it pains me) have to agree with him. It sucks and I want a beer at a game as much as the next guy but at least that would help and it would send a message and MAYBE after a while it could be re-introduced. I know it will never happen and that's fine but oh well. I really don't want to be on this side of that argument either but this is what it seems to have come to.

Actually, I don't even go to games anymore (well not very often anyway) because for me TV has it so good now you can actually see better at home. I always end up next to some morons that ruin my afternoon. They aren't usually fighting but I'm bothered enough to ask myself why I didn't just stay at home and watch.

Oh and that Ravens fan went down like a sack of potatos, that was funny!

--- Added 8/21/2011 at 12:40 AM ---

Oh and just saw this on the news, 2 men were shot in the parking lot after the Oakland vs San Fran game tonight. No one knew what it was related to so I don't want to jump the gun on anything but it is worth mentioning. At least 1 of the victims injuries are life threatening.

Ibleedblk&gld
08-21-2011, 04:37 AM
I've been to a ravens preseason game (my buddy is a ravens fan) against the vikings, and the fans were all douchebags...from that day forward, i vowed to NEVER go to another stadium for a game, other than heinz field...plus, i'd like to start taking my daughter to steelers games when she is old enough (she's only 2 right now), and the last thing I want is for her to witness this **** first hand

MattyVfromCT
08-21-2011, 06:42 AM
Oh and just saw this on the news, 2 men were shot in the parking lot after the Oakland vs San Fran game tonight. No one knew what it was related to so I don't want to jump the gun on anything but it is worth mentioning. At least 1 of the victims injuries are life threatening.

unbelievable. and it's not just stadiums either. been a couple yankees/red sox incidents up here recently, a stabbing at a fancy seafood restaurant here in ct and a yankee fan running over some red sox fans in a parking lot in mass or rhode island (not sure) a few years back. people are stupid.....:evilshake:

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-21-2011, 08:59 AM
How bout them niners? What D bags. Baltimore ain't the only insane place.
Fn people shot at this one.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/08/20/1724601_2-shot-in-sf-parking-lot-after.html

"The only thing wrong with the human race is Humans"

lloydfan4life
08-21-2011, 09:23 AM
How bout them niners? What D bags. Baltimore ain't the only insane place.
Fn people shot at this one.
http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2011/08/20/1724601_2-shot-in-sf-parking-lot-after.html

"The only thing wrong with the human race is Humans"

Your link isn't working for me for some reason. :dunno:

Here's another link to the same story.

2 Shot in Parking Lot After 49er Raiders Preseason Game (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/21/2-shot-in-san-francisco-parking-lot-after-raiders-4ers-game/?test=latestnews?test=latestnews)

steelchamp204
08-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Just like I satted in my first post. I really think alcohol should be banned from INSIDE te stadium. Idc if ppl tailgate and drink and stuff. But during the game is a big concern anymore.

MattyVfromCT
08-21-2011, 10:55 AM
Just like I satted in my first post. I really think alcohol should be banned from INSIDE te stadium. Idc if ppl tailgate and drink and stuff. But during the game is a big concern anymore.

Wont happen. They make ridiculous $ off of alcohol sales with their insane criminal markups. And we all know how these owners would sell their own mothers if they could get every last penny out of it......

steelersbabex25
08-21-2011, 11:29 AM
This is exactly why I advised whoever it was not to wear Steelers gear around Baltimore. Yes, the majority of the people will probably just mutter something under their breaths and keep on walking, and yes, 99 times out of a 100 nothing will happen to you. But it just takes that one crazy moron who's having a bad day and sees someone walking around Baltimore in a Steelers jersey to walk up and punch you in the face.

But, uh, that being said...they will never ban alcohol from stadiums. People pay, what is it? Like $10 for a beer there? The alcohol companies would never let that happen.

coach
08-21-2011, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a couple guys got shot last night in SF. Pretty soon, people aren't going to want to take the risk of going to see a live game.

Rampage
08-21-2011, 12:35 PM
It's getting to the point where wearing a team's jersey is the equivalent of wearing colors. Next time I roll to a game with some homies, I'll make sure to be strapped with my gat, 'less I wanna get capped.

Steel Trap86
08-21-2011, 12:54 PM
lol that first kid was eatin' pavement!

airbrake 1
08-21-2011, 12:57 PM
I hate it when people start saying alcohol shouldn't be sold at games, just because there are a couple idiots doesn't mean the 99.9999999% of people drinking responsibily can't enjoy an adult beverage...a few isolated incidents shouldn't ruin it for everyone...some people these days think when going to the stadium that it should be an extention of their living room, there a rash of the fur coat and wine crowd that are starting to bring small children to games as some status symbol, leave your little trophy at home...most of the time they aren't even paying attention to the game...I have witnessed these people get livid during an emotional moment when someone drops a F-bomb...while i don't condone mindless profanity, your in a charged emotional atmosphere,if you don't want junior or juniorette to hear an occasional bomb leave them the F**K at home

steelersbabex25
08-21-2011, 01:21 PM
I hate it when people start saying alcohol shouldn't be sold at games, just because there are a couple idiots doesn't mean the 99.9999999% of people drinking responsibily can't enjoy an adult beverage...a few isolated incidents shouldn't ruin it for everyone...some people these days think when going to the stadium that it should be an extention of their living room, there a rash of the fur coat and wine crowd that are starting to bring small children to games as some status symbol, leave your little trophy at home...most of the time they aren't even paying attention to the game...I have witnessed these people get livid during an emotional moment when someone drops a F-bomb...while i don't condone mindless profanity, your in a charged emotional atmosphere,if you don't want junior or juniorette to hear an occasional bomb leave them the F**K at home

For once, I agree with you. :lol:

Big T
08-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Dude got knocked the f*ck out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9z8F4fgj6Q&feature=related

MattyVfromCT
08-21-2011, 02:11 PM

Yeah I had some guy flip out on me for dropping an f bomb during the dallas game in 08 because his kid was there. I wasn't cursing left and right just one f bomb after we got stuffed on 4th and goal. Football isn't the sport to be taking small kids to anyways. Its a violent game with a very revved up high energy crowd. You're just asking for trouble

Nolrog
08-21-2011, 05:15 PM
1- the thing with the Dodgers/Giants fans

2- that moron Phillies fan that puked on someone

3- 40 year old grown men that knock people down trying to catch a foul ball or T shirt

4- that father/son tandem that beat up a base coach (many years back now)

5- that kid that ran on the field and got tazor'd then whined about "unnecessary force"

There was a SF Giant fan nearly beaten to death at a LA Dodger game this year.

Also some gun firein San Fan outside the stadium the other day, injuring 2 men, including one that was wearing a F the Niners t-shirt.

Things are getting worse and worse.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-21-2011, 05:31 PM
U gettin in someone's face when U is the outsider is not a good career move.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-21-2011, 09:45 PM
It happens, I know when I'm in Baltimore I don't hold back when someone starts talking smack against my team. I won't start it, and I certainly don't go looking for a fight but I sure as hell won't back down. It's just how I am. When it comes to Ravens fans in particular, they make it a point to belittle any rival fan beyond belief, Steelers or not.

When we were there and I saw a guy sitting by himself, wearing a Steelers Tshirt, eating a piece of pizza trying to enjoy the game and all these purple people were just screaming at him at the top of their lungs and calling him every name in the book, me and my buddies had to go over and stand beside him and give it right back. Poor dude was minding his own business and couldn't even watch the game. We got the last laugh because security came and threw a bunch of them out, LOL.

Steel Trap86
08-21-2011, 10:08 PM
brawl from the niners/raiders game...little more intense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4x-VBjAtoE

igor0190
08-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I'll be in Kansas City this year rocking my Steelers gear :grin1:

MattyVfromCT
08-21-2011, 10:22 PM
It happens, I know when I'm in Baltimore I don't hold back when someone starts talking smack against my team. I won't start it, and I certainly don't go looking for a fight but I sure as hell won't back down. It's just how I am. When it comes to Ravens fans in particular, they make it a point to belittle any rival fan beyond belief, Steelers or not.

When we were there and I saw a guy sitting by himself, wearing a Steelers Tshirt, eating a piece of pizza trying to enjoy the game and all these purple people were just screaming at him at the top of their lungs and calling him every name in the book, me and my buddies had to go over and stand beside him and give it right back. Poor dude was minding his own business and couldn't even watch the game. We got the last laugh because security came and threw a bunch of them out, LOL.

typical baltimore fans. by far the biggest morons in the nfl. i swear so many of them try so hard to act like they are from the hood, they could be whiter than a sheet of paper and from the suburbs. these clowns watch the wire way too much.

like these idiots in tennessee starting **** with titans fans for the 08 playoffs in the middle of the street.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksTyW1VmbDU

then the avon barksdale wannabes the next week in the burgh.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABoTdR2r8Pk

then of course ganging up on a woman and her daughter. although she should have known better as a steeler fan A) going to ravens camp in general (i'd rather castrate myself than being caught dead within 100 miles of that garbage franchise's camp) and B) bringing her little daughter to a hostile environment. you HAVE to expect that. but anyways wow baltimore aren't you guys so badass, picking on a woman and her little daughter.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-t5K2DSfyg

BY FAR the biggest idiot fanbase i've ever seen......

Speeed
08-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Honest, good spirited celebration is gone. We live in an age where you can get beaten, and possibly killed, supporting a professional team. Society is in the shitter. The sad thing is, this is expected, and accepted.

The owners won't do anything yet, because it is not costing them anything. They don't own stadiums, so they could not care less. If they ever get involved in a lawsuit over some stupid fight, and have to pay up, you bet they will get involved.

This crap should be punished severely. It won't happen though, as we have much worse crime going on with perpetrators getting punished much less severely. And to think, we have people getting killed and beaten at professional sporting events and congress holds some meaningless, shallow look at me I am important and doing something hearings regarding steroids in baseball?

What was is wrong with us? I am just about embarrassed to be part of the human race.

Ibleedblk&gld
08-21-2011, 11:04 PM
you know what's funny...i went to steelers training camp last year and a couple came wearing their browns gear...people yelled innocent things like, "go home"...but nothing got out of hand

MattyVfromCT
08-21-2011, 11:19 PM
you know what's funny...i went to steelers training camp last year and a couple came wearing their browns gear...people yelled innocent things like, "go home"...but nothing got out of hand

that is one thing i will never understand. going to a hated rival's training camp. only way you'd ever get me at ANY camp other than the steelers is if i was dead and my corpse was dug up and brought there......

steelchamp204
08-22-2011, 12:10 AM
Yea matty, I see all these white raven fans thinking they are ghetto and hard cause they wear a hat sideways. I saw so many of them in Baltimore when I wore my steelers gear there the other week. Then they have them ugly *** camo purple pants. WTF is up with that, specially when the waist is around there knees lol

steelersbabex25
08-22-2011, 12:24 AM

You can say that I'm biased because I am a Steelers fan, but honestly, our fanbase is just so much classier than the majority of them out there. I've heard awful things that have happened to people I know at FedEx Field, M&T Bank, Cowboys Stadium, and a few others. But from people who have come on here and from a few of my friends who have gone to Heinz Field as fans of other teams, all I've heard is good things. Maybe some good natured ragging, but nobody's getting shot outside of Heinz Field. My friend who's a Texans fan went to a Texans @ Steelers game at Heinz a few years back, and he's been to quite a few stadiums. When he came back he said the fans in Pittsburgh were by far the chillest, nicest, and least obnoxious fans that he's ever encountered. I mean, maybe it's because we don't really have much beef with the Texans, but we don't have much beef with the Redskins either, and I've heard stories of multiple people getting roughed up at their stadium.

Diehardsteel
08-22-2011, 05:29 AM
You can say that I'm biased because I am a Steelers fan, but honestly, our fanbase is just so much classier than the majority of them out there. I've heard awful things that have happened to people I know at FedEx Field, M&T Bank, Cowboys Stadium, and a few others. But from people who have come on here and from a few of my friends who have gone to Heinz Field as fans of other teams, all I've heard is good things. Maybe some good natured ragging, but nobody's getting shot outside of Heinz Field. My friend who's a Texans fan went to a Texans @ Steelers game at Heinz a few years back, and he's been to quite a few stadiums. When he came back he said the fans in Pittsburgh were by far the chillest, nicest, and least obnoxious fans that he's ever encountered. I mean, maybe it's because we don't really have much beef with the Texans, but we don't have much beef with the Redskins either, and I've heard stories of multiple people getting roughed up at their stadium.

I'm out here in California so I know first hand how stupid fans can be. Someone is always getting shot or beaten at SF or Oakland. It's that type of idiotic and careless behavior that is stopping me from seeing the black and gold every time they're out here! :cursin: I'm going to have to wait till I can go out to Pittsburgh for a game. Which isn't such a bad thing. God Bless the NFL Ticket.

steelersgal86
08-22-2011, 06:39 AM

:iagree: one of our local newscasters here went to a game at heinz field last season...and told everyone live on the air...how classy the steelers fans were even with her browns gear on...she said she hates to say it..but she had much more fun in pittsburgh at a game rather than cleveland...:tt02:

Ibleedblk&gld
08-22-2011, 07:15 AM

i agree...my best friend is a ravens fan...him and I have gone to the steelers/ravens game the last to years at heinz field, both times he wore his ravens gear, talked **** back to the steelers fans and everything (during tailgating and the game)...the first time (we won), everyone shook his hand saying how he had balls to come to heinz in purple and be the only ravens fan in a sea of steelers fan, cheering for his team...the 2nd time (last year, we lost), there was a group of about 10 ravens fans a few rows behind us, so he went up with them and cheered and taunted...still, steelers fans did not get derogatory or anything with him...he said he has no problem ever going back to heinz for a game...

steelersbabex25
08-22-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm out here in California so I know first hand how stupid fans can be. Someone is always getting shot or beaten at SF or Oakland. It's that type of idiotic and careless behavior that is stopping me from seeing the black and gold every time they're out here! :cursin: I'm going to have to wait till I can go out to Pittsburgh for a game. Which isn't such a bad thing. God Bless the NFL Ticket.

Now, now. Maybe we shouldn't be so hard on them. If I was a Raiders fan I'd probably shoot someone too...or myself.

Diehardsteel
08-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Now, now. Maybe we shouldn't be so hard on them. If I was a Raiders fan I'd probably shoot someone too...or myself.

:lol: You have a good point there!

steeldoc
08-22-2011, 08:17 PM
I'll never go to a Steeler game in Baltimore again....just not worth the hassle. The combination of booze, the hood, and rooting for an inferior team that wears freaking purple is just a powder keg.:tt02::tt02:

madtowndrunkard
08-23-2011, 12:33 AM
The classiest football fans in the NFL (other then steeler fans) are in Chicago and Greenbay. Been to several games at both stadiums....and I was twirling my towel and wearing my colors. I was treated great at both stadiums every time I've been there. Spent much of the time talking with their fans about football and the history of each franchise. Greenbay has more drunks but people in Wisconsin know how to handle their drinking a little more then the average state. Not to mention there is ZERO gangsta crap present in Greenbay and most of their fans know something about football. So the banter is friendly.

--- Added 8/22/2011 at 11:33 PM ---

I'll never go to a Steeler game in Baltimore again....just not worth the hassle. The combination of booze, the hood, and rooting for an inferior team that wears freaking purple is just a powder keg.:tt02::tt02:

Part of the problem is the Ravens franchise. They encourage the gangsta image. The team seems quite proud of the fact that Ray Lewis and co are thugs. Many of their fans embrace that image and go too far with it. The franchise is classless from the top down. No different then the Raiders. Cinci also seems to be in that class as well.

Why the NFL tolerates it is beyond me.

steelersgal86
08-23-2011, 06:38 AM

:rofl: good point :clap:

JensK
08-23-2011, 06:47 AM
You guys should come watch a soccer game in Europe to put this in perspective. When the two used-to-be best teams in Denmark play (which also happens to be a local rivalry), most of the police force in Copenhagen is out at the stadium to prevent a riot. You can count on at least 100 persons being arrested during that kind of a game... And the worst part is, Denmark have pretty soft soccer fans compared to the rest of Europe. Go to Italy for instance; I've seen people throw Bicycles and whatnot onto the field... Another thing, as a European, that really makes you enjoy Football. As grotesque as it may sound, it is usually so much more civilized in terms of fan-culture compared to soccer in Europe.

igor0190
08-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Every team has idiot fans. I've seen them in Arizona, Philadelphia, and dealt with them personally in Chicago during the last Steelers game there.

I didn't see much trouble in Pittsburgh even when I saw the Jets game at Heinz... If anything the Jets fans were the obnoxious ones, doing their J.E.T.S chant. I'm sure that the opposing team almost never has much of a presence at Heinz Field.

STEELyourface
08-23-2011, 07:24 PM
You guys should come watch a soccer game in Europe to put this in perspective. When the two used-to-be best teams in Denmark play (which also happens to be a local rivalry), most of the police force in Copenhagen is out at the stadium to prevent a riot. You can count on at least 100 persons being arrested during that kind of a game... And the worst part is, Denmark have pretty soft soccer fans compared to the rest of Europe. Go to Italy for instance; I've seen people throw Bicycles and whatnot onto the field... Another thing, as a European, that really makes you enjoy Football. As grotesque as it may sound, it is usually so much more civilized in terms of fan-culture compared to soccer in Europe.

Oh yeah! I have several friends in England, some from there and some that live there now and they have told me some stories that are absolutely INSANE!! It definitely makes what goes on at American Football stadiums seem tame, by their standards, at least. I also have a lot of friends from different countries in South America and they have told me some crazy stories too.

I guess we should be thankful it isn't as out of control as it gets on those two continents some times.

airbrake 1
08-23-2011, 08:25 PM

and these so called high brow europeans have the gall to call americans ignorant slobs...pot meet kettle

cmerrifield
08-23-2011, 09:28 PM
I was at a Steelers and Bengals game in Cincinnati a couple years ago and of course the Steelers were winning and we were cheering. All of a sudden this guy turned around and started swearing at the obnoxious Steelers fans in another section. His wife said, "You promised and you did anyway, time to go." He picked up his stuff and left with his wife. These guys just need a smart woman on their side to keep them in line. :yesnod::lol:

steeldoc
08-27-2011, 12:41 PM
You are right, The Ravens do encourage this thug mentality, I missed it and I live here. Our thugs shave their heads, theirs wear dreadlocks and gold caps. Just punks.:tt02: