PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we get Pryor?

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-20-2011, 06:40 PM
Steelers were at his pro day in Pittsburgh. Any chance we get him? He could be useful as a WR and IMO an upgrade over Dixon but maybe that's just my Ohio st bias lol.

harpo
08-20-2011, 06:52 PM
The chances are slim and NONE.........

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't see it happening, WR or QB wise. The Steelers don't take guys that have been troublemakers very often. They are pretty happy at WR with the group on the roster now and QB wise, I suppose you could make a case for it but I'd be surprised if they pulled the trigger honestly. That would mean that he would end up being the 3rd QB on a playoff/championship caliber team. Do you really want him as your emergency QB?

Raleigh Steel
08-20-2011, 07:19 PM
i'd rather have bubby brister back than that jagoff....just sayin

nuclearchihuahuas
08-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Seriously? Why would we want him? (Pryor, I mean, not Brister...well both I guess)

steelchamp204
08-20-2011, 07:23 PM
NO WAY IN HELL WE WANT HIM ON THIS TEAM. He might have to pay for tattoos in pittsburgh so he wont wanna come here

Koopa
08-20-2011, 07:38 PM
We won't get him but I wouldn't consider him a trouble maker.....all he did was cash in on his college fame.....

Zachintosh66
08-20-2011, 09:20 PM
as a buckeye fan, i hope not...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Wouldn't surprise me to see Raiders pick him up. He's an Al Davis type of player.

From BRC's DroidX of Awesomeness

LatrobePA
08-20-2011, 10:48 PM
At least he wasn't getting handfed beaver!

As a TE or WR yes, he's not a QB...

connecticutsteel
08-20-2011, 11:41 PM
he's a raider for sure

BlitzburghRockCity
08-21-2011, 01:05 AM
The Patriots were there too. Belichick is known for taking risky players, and they aren't afraid to stack talent anywhere they can.

STEELyourface
08-21-2011, 01:30 AM
I hope not because he's just not that good. I don't care about the things he's done wrong. He's probably as much of a victim of the time more than anything else on that. The NCAA is cracking down on anyone and everyone to try and make an example, I wouldn't be shocked to learn half our current roster did some of the same things in their college careers. He's immature for sure but in the right setting he'll grow up and we'd be the right setting but I'm personally not interested in the slightest cause I just don't think he's any good. As an NFL player I mean, I'm not questioning his chops as a college player.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2011, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't mind the Steelers using a 5th round pick on him......He is talented and really could be used in many different ways........you can never have enough athletes......

V_83
08-21-2011, 11:46 AM
I hope not, he's a terrible quarterback, and I would take Dixon over him everyday of the week. Athlete wise, I feel he'll go over about as well as Matt Jones.

StlersGuy
08-21-2011, 11:51 AM
I don't want him he is a cancer on and off the field and we don't need that plus we would have to give a draft pick up for him and he is not worth that

Sent by way of a Droid

K Train
08-21-2011, 02:30 PM
steelers being linked hard to him, were expected to submit a pick.

love it, been saying it for months. #3 QB and get him some change up reps there, but more importantly hes ok with a switch to WR/TE and having him as a #2 TE would be awesome.

hes a good developmental QB prospect, but hes got a great chance of being a pretty good pass catcher

JShare86
08-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Terrell pryor at steelers headquarters right now so maybe there is a chance

LatrobePA
08-21-2011, 04:37 PM
We need another TE, bulk him up and put him on the field!!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I would like to see transition to WR.....His combo of height and speed really would add to our already very talented receiving core....Burn a 5th round pick and take a chance......He does have the size to play TE also but he would have to be used as a blocker at times and I don't know how quality of blocker he would be.....I'm not saying he can't do it but I just don't know....lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Sunday featured another long practice at the Steelers' South Side facility as well as a little intrigue.

Roughly 90 minutes after a two-a-half hour practice ended, former Ohio State and Jeannette standout Terrelle Pryor visited the Steelers at their team headquarters.
Pryor will be selected in today's NFL supplemental draft, and the question the Steelers have to answer is how much they are willing to give up for the former Buckeyes quarterback.

The team that selects Pryor forfeits the corresponding pick in the 2012 draft. The supplemental draft order is the same as the 2011 draft, meaning the Steelers pick near the bottom of every round.

Drew Rosenhaus, Pryor's agent, has said Pryor is a "first-round talent," but opinions vary on where he will go in the draft.

Pryor is a developmental quarterback -- if that is position he even plays at the next level. His size and athleticism coupled with his raw quarterback skills have fueled speculation that Pryor will be moved to another position.
"He's physically a beast," said Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown, who trained with Pryor during the offseason and shares an agent with him. "He's big, strong, fast. He's a great quarterback."

Pryor held his Pro Day on Saturday at Hempfield High School, and both Steelers director of football operations Kevin Colbert and coach Mike Tomlin attended it. Afterwards, Pryor, a three-year starter in Columbus, told teams he wants to play quarterback in the NFL.

"But I also said because I'm so far behind, if you want me to do some things and get on the field where I play quarterback or somewhere else, if you feel that it's best to win. I'm all about winning," Pryor said Saturday.

Hosting a local draft prospect is anything but out of the ordinary for the Steelers. They make it a point to familiarize themselves most with draft-eligible players in their area.

The 6-foot-5, 231-pound Pryor has ties to Steelers beyond his hometown's proximity to Pittsburgh.

Steelers quarterback Charlie Batch mentors Pryor, and Pryor spent the offseason working on his throwing mechanics and other fundamentals with Ken Anderson.
Anderson served as Tomlin's first quarterbacks coach, from 2007-09, before retiring. Tomlin has known Pryor since the latter was in high school.
The Steelers already have four quarterbacks on their roster, though Dennis Dixon could be a candidate to go because he can become an unrestricted free agent after this season and wants a chance to win a starting job. Batch, meanwhile, is 36 and entering his 14th NFL season.

New guidelines, per the collective bargaining agreements signed earlier this month, may encourage teams to keep a third quarterback who is athletic enough to run the wildcat offense or serve in a "Slash" role, similar to what former Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart did early in his career.

Teams no longer have to designate a third or emergency quarterback on game day. That means a third quarterback can play without compromising the eligibility of the other signal-callers on the active roster.

In past years, the top two quarterbacks were not allowed to return to the game if the third-stringer played.

Whichever team selects Pryor has team to figure out exactly what it wants to do with one of the most decorated athletes ever to come out of western Pennsylvania.
Pryor has to serve a five-game suspension at the start of the regular season. He would have served the same sentence, for violating NCAA rules, had he stayed for his senior season at Ohio State.

Pryor, who won't count against a 53-man roster until after the first five games of the season, and four others were punished for selling memorabilia. Those transgressions led Pryor to leave Ohio State in May, though the NFL didn't approve his entry into the supplemental draft until Thursday.

"I'm excited for him," Brown said. "This process has been long and really stressful for him. I'm glad he had an amazing Pro Day."
Brown did question, laughingly, the time (4.38 seconds) that Pryor posted in the 40-yard dash.

"I think they must have had some bad clocks out there," he said.

From the Trib (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/Former%20OSU%20standout%20Terrelle%20Pryor%20meets %20with%20Steelers%20-%20Pittsburgh%20Tribune-Review%20http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_752704.html#ixzz1VlHpigGS)

MDSteel15
08-22-2011, 09:01 AM
At least he wasn't getting handfed beaver!

As a TE or WR yes, he's not a QB...

He's not a TE either... not with his speed! Besides that, no thank you...

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Like they was saying on talk show last night...can he learn new position while at Pro level...

coldrolled
08-22-2011, 10:04 AM
He's not a TE either... not with his speed! Besides that, no thank you...

i bet if he makes it to 31 we pick him up as a TE project...

K Train
08-22-2011, 10:06 AM
he would be a hell of a TE with that speed. he wouldnt be asked to block too much, but to run easy routes and make mismatches.

im saying the steelers submit a 4th, its an exciting day to be a steeler fan by all reports....not that im expecting him to be a steeler today, but having them in the mix gets me pumped.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I'd love to land him in the fourth. He's as gifted an athlete as there is. Im not a Pryor fan, and i HATE ohio state, but you cant knock what the things the guy brings, physically, to the table. I like him as a TE who can also work at QB in OTA's... but a 6'4'' 230lb TE who runs a sub 4.4-40 is INSANE!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-22-2011, 11:59 AM
I'd love to land him in the fourth. He's as gifted an athlete as there is. Im not a Pryor fan, and i HATE ohio state, but you cant knock what the things the guy brings, physically, to the table. I like him as a TE who can also work at QB in OTA's... but a 6'4'' 230lb TE who runs a sub 4.4-40 is INSANE!

I hate the ****eyes as well but Pryor is a Pittsburgh boy......Plus like you and Ktrain said Pryor is such a freak physically.......The Steelers don't have many holes so really offering a pick in next years draft wouldn't kill them.......

NT, OG, DB, are the most pressing needs heading into next year........The Steelers always look to draft a LB since the 3-4 must have enough quality LB's.....

I hope Pryor is a Steeler.........:yellowthumb: We don't need him but at the same time down the road he could be huge for this team especially if he can make the transition to WR/TE......Plus can be the third QB......tremendous value......

Rampage
08-22-2011, 12:21 PM
It is never a bad thing when you can acquire talent. I would be worried about his character if he was being thrust into a starting QB role, but as a TE/WR project, I don't think he would be an awful investment. If he pans out you won, if not you lost a pick that probably would have sucked anyway.

K Train
08-22-2011, 12:27 PM
hes not a bad charater guy, i remain firm on that opinion.

i think hes sort of an *******, ive met him before at a bar at PSU...hes a pampered athlete theres no doubt, he took gifts from osu and other parties (i would too though, no questions asked) but hes not a criminal, and hes a hard worker and hes doing everything right and saying all the right things right now.

K Train
08-22-2011, 01:27 PM
no first or second round picks used...now is where it heats up

K Train
08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Raiders take pryor in the 3rd....come on, too predictable lol

LatrobePA
08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Raiders take pryor in the 3rd....come on, too predictable lol

The beginning of the end for this poor kid!!

STEELyourface
08-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Pryor is a Raider, that says all you need to know about what kind of pro he's going to be......

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
SMH..his career is over before it started

BlitzburghRockCity
08-22-2011, 01:38 PM
Yeah I just heard it on the radio. No surprise there, I figured he was a good possibility for them.

TampaSteelGirl
08-22-2011, 02:00 PM
I thought he was suspended for 5 games...why would we want him if he's going to miss that many games??? :dunno:

K Train
08-22-2011, 02:03 PM
5 games for a player who missed all of the offseason and TC might be the best thing for him

Black@Gold Forever32
I thought he was suspended for 5 games...why would we want him if he's going to miss that many games??? :dunno:

not so much for this season but long term......He is a Raider so I have no use for him now....lol

StlersGuy
No worries Pryor is a Raider thank god we did not waste a pick on his sorry ***

Sent by way of a Droid

TampaSteelGirl
08-22-2011, 02:09 PM
not so much for this season but long term......He is a Raider so I have no use for him now....lol

Oh ok..poor kid. Has to tough it out in Oakland for 4 yrs!!! :thud:

StlersGuy
08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I wanted the Bungals to take him

Sent by way of a Droid

chisteeler
08-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Good for him! At least he'll be able to improve on his mechanics with the leadership provided by JaMarcus Russell, and then he'll....oh wait, that's right...sorry!

steeldoc
08-22-2011, 08:22 PM
He's a princess with ****** mechanics. He alone got Tressel fired. Why do teams take chances on such punks, they seldom produce.:imho:

STEELyourface
08-22-2011, 08:25 PM
He's a princess with ****** mechanics. He alone got Tressel fired. Why do teams take chances on such punks, they seldom produce.:imho:

Mainly because it's the Raiders.

He didn't get Tressel fired, though, Tressel lied and got himself into a mess he could've avoided completely by telling the truth instead of trying to cover it up.

StlersGuy
08-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Mainly because it's the Raiders.

He didn't get Tressel fired, though, Tressel lied and got himself into a mess he could've avoided completely by telling the truth instead of trying to cover it up.

you are so right if Tressel did his job and told as soon as he found out he still would have a job

coldrolled
08-23-2011, 12:12 AM
so, who did we get??

StlersGuy
08-23-2011, 12:24 AM
so, who did we get??

From the draft no one

Sent by way of a Droid

STEELyourface
08-23-2011, 01:56 AM
so, who did we get??

If I'm not mistaken, Pryor was the only one drafted in the supplemental draft today. The Raiders don't have a 3rd round pick in the 2012 draft because they used it today, no one else used up any future picks.

StlersGuy
08-23-2011, 02:15 AM
No other players were chosen in the supplemental draft. Also eligible were former Georgia running back Caleb King, former Northern Illinois safety Tracy Wilson, former Western Carolina cornerback Torez Jones, former Lindenwood University defensive end Keenan Mace, and former North Carolina defensive end Mike McAdoo.

King later agreed to terms with the Minnesota Vikings , according to the Athens Banner-Herald.

Got that from nfl.com

Sent by way of a Droid

STEELyourface
08-23-2011, 02:30 AM
StlersGuy ^^^^^^^^^^

Ya, I wasn't sure. I thought I had heard someone on the radio say he was the only one but obviously not. Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

coldrolled
08-23-2011, 08:10 AM
•The Baltimore Ravens signed rookie free-agent defensive end Michael McAdoo
Morning take: The Ravens need pass-rushers, and there is no risk in signing McAdoo. The Ravens can release him in the coming weeks if he doesn't show anything.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-24-2011, 11:27 AM
Terrelle Pryor Backs Off Appealing Five-Game Suspension, According To Drew Rosenhaus

--- Added 8/24/2011 at 10:27 AM ---

"Terrelle Pryor Backs Off Appealing Five-Game Suspension, According To Drew Rosenhaus"