PDA

View Full Version : Who's your Steelers Field Goal Kicker for 2011

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Suisham is recovering from an appendectomy and should be back for the 3rd preseason game. Swayze Waters kicked vs the Eagles and didn't appear to do himself any favors in trying to land the job.

Waters was 1-3 last night, with 1 block and 1 miss. He did make a 30 yd. FG in the 3rd quarter to finish out the scoring for the Steelers. You can't really hold that block against him, that was a complete breakdown in protection with Samuel running free towards the ball. Still though that miss, when you're fighting for a wide open job against a veteran can be killer.

LatrobePA
08-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Sure as hell not Waters...lol

If he has sex anything like he kicks I feel bad for his wife or life partner!!

connecticutsteel
08-19-2011, 01:39 PM
He is usually money hopefully they give him another chance cause suisam's kicks will be returned everytime

Rampage
08-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Suisham. Waters has some strength, but I didn't like the short miss last night. Maybe it's just the jitters, though.

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 01:45 PM
Do you guys like Suisham? I cannot make up my mind one way or another on him. Really I just wish Reed hadn't lost it between the ears. He was the one guy who had figured out how to consistently kick at Heinz Field.

Who all is out there to pick up anyway?

steelersbabex25
08-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Do you guys like Suisham? I cannot make up my mind one way or another on him. Really I just wish Reed hadn't lost it between the ears. He was the one guy who had figured out how to consistently kick at Heinz Field.

Who all is out there to pick up anyway?

What's not to like about Sweezy? He's humble, happy to be in Pittsburgh, and he was pretty reliable (up until the superbowl.) I don't want to take any more chances on other kickers.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Last year Sushi was money during the regular season. He was kicking in Heinz Field like a pro. Him coming back would not be the worst thing in the world. Two things concern me about him though:

1. He has a tendency to choke in big games during his career. I can't say I hold the Super Bowl missed FG against him. I honestly didn't expect him to make it. It was a long FG and under that type of pressure. I would have liked to see him atleast kick it in the general direction of the goal posts though.

2. His kickoffs are not that long. He was kicking last week and a couple got returned if I remember right. Now he did just have an appendectomy this week so perhaps he was feeling the affects of that before hand, who knows.

jpbucco
08-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't be surprised to see Shayne Graham or Kris-miss Brown signed.

Goodfrom55
08-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Sushi will be OK. Waters' kickoffs were off the chart, but everyone kicks off well in August/September.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2011, 02:24 PM
If Suisham makes the team and can't kick the ball out of the endzone like everybody else then the Steelers need to have their heads examined.

DanRooney
08-20-2011, 02:44 PM
If Suisham makes the team and can't kick the ball out of the endzone like everybody else then the Steelers need to have their heads examined.

I don't think he can. I don't remember him kicking it out of the endzone once whereas Cundiff has done it upwards of 10-15 times.

steelersbabex25
08-20-2011, 02:54 PM
I don't think he can. I don't remember him kicking it out of the endzone once whereas Cundiff has done it upwards of 10-15 times.

Cundiff could kick it out of the endzone when it was at the 30.

Thisoneguy555
08-22-2011, 12:09 AM
Suisham. Waters has some strength, but I didn't like the short miss last night. Maybe it's just the jitters, though.

I think it was jitters, at the game I was watching him do warm up kicks, and he was kicking 55 yarders like it was nothing.

connecticutsteel
08-22-2011, 02:09 AM
I really like waters he routinely makes 60 yarders in practice . i know it's only practice but he can also punt and suisam's kickoffs are a liability . I would start with Waters and if he doesn't work out get another kicker

JShare86
08-22-2011, 06:44 PM
A good friend of mine just got cut from the niners today fabrizio scaccia look him up on YouTube monster leg I say bring my boy in!

Goodfrom55
08-23-2011, 04:08 PM
5 yards is a huge difference. Just kick a line drive out of the back of the endzone. IO said this before, ANYONE can kick in Sept and Oct, but it takes a special person to Kick in Nov and beyond, on grass, and the elements. Suisham did it last year, hopefully he does it again.

StewXXL
08-23-2011, 09:09 PM
I remember watching Suisham in college. I remember him missing a lot of extra points and short field goals. A number of them when the game was close. I cannot believe he made it to the NFL, let alone on the Steelers. Every time he kicks I close my eyes.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-24-2011, 11:09 AM
Waters ouch. Suchi yes.

cmerrifield
08-24-2011, 11:19 AM
I dont care who it is, as long as they can kick when it matters. Kickoffs dont worry me much after last year's special teams. So what if they start on the 30 instead of the 20.

TampaSteelGirl
08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
Easy.....Swissham :yellowthumb:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-25-2011, 10:17 PM
This will be a big week for the kickers. If Swayze Waters has any hopes of making this team, now is the time to step up. It could be rainy in Pittsburgh this weekend and a perfect time to show the coaches he can kick in bad weather. Even if it doesn't rain, he needs to make these next 2 games count.

That being said I still think it would take a miracle for Suisham to not get the job.