PDA

View Full Version : Steelers quality of depth at Wide Receiver!

Katmandu
08-19-2011, 11:46 AM
WOW! Have we got some play makers at WR this year or what!

I have a feeling we are in for something special this year! :cope:

K Train
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
theyve come a long way since the days of ward, wilson, and el....yuck

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 12:00 PM
We all knew last year the WR position was going to be a strength for this team for years to come. Antonio Brown's big play ability in the playoffs especially proved he's got the ability to shine when called upon.

Manny Sanders has got to get healthy though, not so much because there's no depth behind him but because he's an explosive player too and the more weapons available the better.

harpo
08-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Looks like they have a combo of 'pick your poison' going on. This group can beat you in a variety of ways. I just hope they are utilized properly.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Can anyone remember a time, at all since the 70's years with Swann and Stallworth, that the Steelers have had so many weapons on offense?

Even back then it mostly those 2 along with the running game.

Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Ward, Cotchery, Heath Miller. If I'm Roethlisberger and Arians, I am salivating at the chance to have all these options available to me on offense. Add in the running game and you could be looking at a totally wicked offense if the OL holds up.

harpo
08-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Can anyone remember a time, at all since the 70's years with Swann and Stallworth, that the Steelers have had so many weapons on offense?

Even back then it mostly those 2 along with the running game.

Wallace, Sanders, Brown, Ward, Cotchery, Heath Miller. If I'm Roethlisberger and Arians, I am salivating at the chance to have all these options available to me on offense. Add in the running game and you could be looking at a totally wicked offense if the OL holds up.

I don't recall them ever having this much talent at the WR position. I just hope Arians don't f*** it up with his predictable playcalling....lol.

Rampage
08-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I was really impressed with everyone getting open last night. Seemed like everyone on the depth chart was getting open and catching balls. Really nice to see.

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 12:21 PM
I don't recall them ever having this much talent at the WR position. I just hope Arians don't f*** it up with his predictable playcalling....lol.

Amen to that! It's almost full proof though, close your eyes point to 3 receivers and tell Ben to throw the ball! LOL

steelersbabex25
08-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Just imagine in a few years when Wallace, Sanders, and Brown are all in their prime :drool:. We may lose half our defense, but our WR corps is gonna be something else.

Not that it isn't right now, because we do have some sick receivers this year. But I think everyone needs to remember that Sanders and Brown are 2nd year players, and they didn't really get too many big shots last year until late in the season. They will make mistakes. Obviously though, they'll do way more good than bad.

LarryNJ
08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
In deed they are deep...I almost wish it was like hockey and we would trade one for a good O linemen at the deadline! :)

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Just imagine in a few years when Wallace, Sanders, and Brown are all in their prime :drool:. We may lose half our defense, but our WR corps is gonna be something else.

Not that it isn't right now, because we do have some sick receivers this year. But I think everyone needs to remember that Sanders and Brown are 2nd year players, and they didn't really get too many big shots last year until late in the season. They will make mistakes. Obviously though, they'll do way more good than bad.

The Steelers are just beginning to tap the potential of Wallace, Sanders, and Brown. They have a good idea of what Wallace can do, as he enters his third season, but the other 2 are still finding their way. I love the potential of all 3 of them. Last year they were mainly just out there trying to find their way and making plays off instinct. They've now had a year in the system and are more comfortable with the playbook and situations that arise on the field and how to adjust. The competition in college is nowhere near the level of the NFL so they'll still be learning this year too. The more prominent role they take on, the more they'll be facing the defenses' top defenders.

I have all the confidence in them to shine and take their games to the next level.

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 05:33 PM
The Steelers are just beginning to tap the potential of Wallace, Sanders, and Brown. They have a good idea of what Wallace can do, as he enters his third season, but the other 2 are still finding their way. I love the potential of all 3 of them. Last year they were mainly just out there trying to find their way and making plays off instinct. They've now had a year in the system and are more comfortable with the playbook and situations that arise on the field and how to adjust. The competition in college is nowhere near the level of the NFL so they'll still be learning this year too. The more prominent role they take on, the more they'll be facing the defenses' top defenders.

I have all the confidence in them to shine and take their games to the next level.

Yup! I said pretty much the same thing in a post earlier in this thread. Season 3 is pretty much the "magic season" or the "make or break season", however you want to phrase it- that is when most NFL receivers put it all together and really show their full potential or when teams send you packing cause they just haven't seen it. I think Wallace was/is and Brown and Sanders are ahead of the curve and are going to keep getting better. We have solidified a legit group of playmakers as Roethlisberger enters the prime/veteran stage of his career here so to speak! I'm excited about it!

HUNT4SEVEN
08-19-2011, 07:00 PM
Looks like they have a combo of 'pick your poison' going on. This group can beat you in a variety of ways. I just hope they are utilized properly. They will if we get rid of that 3 tight end garbage:yesnod:...

Farrior Fan
08-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Brown Sanders and Wallace WILL be the best WR corps in the league in 2012, heck they might be this year. Keep Hines around as a WR coach to develop them and you can bet they all get a couple of rings. I just hope our D can continue to stay at the top of the league, if so we could have the best team hands down. I love watching total Steeler domination.

Katmandu
08-19-2011, 09:12 PM
you could be looking at a totally wicked offense if the OL holds up.There's the key... right there.

If the OL can't protect Ben, then this WR group can't do diddly ****! :nono: