PDA

View Full Version : Keep an eye on Donovan Warren in the Secondary

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 12:43 AM
So far this kid is taking advantage of the snaps he's getting. He's was around the ball all night, and sticking with his man pretty soundly overall. He had a couple nice open field tackles and was also in on that sack with Harrison of Vick in the 2nd quarter.

4 Tackles
2 Assists
.5 Sacks

He got lost alittle bit here and there but overall I was pretty excited watching him tonight. He's had a great camp as well. In the midst of all the defensive backs being signed this week and those injured from camp, keep your eye on this kid. Tomlin was talking him up alittle bit in his press conference the other day too.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2011, 12:44 AM
Yea I thought he looked solid tonight and he has a great shot to make the team......I hope he keeps it up......

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-19-2011, 01:00 AM
He looked pretty solid. I was also very excited to see Troy out there flying around the ball. He looks 100%

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 01:02 AM
All the hype surrounding Curtis Brown, the new players like Macho Harris, and the usual griping about Will Gay, it was nice to see a relative no name to outsiders come and have a good camp and preseason so far.

He's going to make Carnell Lake and Dick Lebeau's cut down process difficult if he keeps playing like this.

K Train
08-19-2011, 01:26 AM
im going to watch the game again but damn i was impressed.....like ive always said, slow, but smart and instinctive...he got a lot of quality playing time tonight

DanRooney
08-19-2011, 01:28 AM
Good ol' overrated Polamalu almost had 3 picks today. Man I wish we had Ed Reed instead.

He and James Harrison was the difference the defense today.

LatrobePA
08-19-2011, 01:30 AM
I knock Troy for being hurt so often but damn that dude is money when he's healthy!

DanRooney
08-19-2011, 01:42 AM
Warren was pretty damn impressive. Glad Lewis finally got an INT as well as Clark. Troy just makes everyone in the secondary better. Our two starting DBs out and we're forcing turnovers left and right.

I don't think the Timmons over Troy resigning is as gaped as everyone makes it out to be.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 08:48 AM
If he doesn't make the team he'll definitely make the PS, but I don't know if he'd last the whole year without getting signed away if he keeps playing like this. Other than just getting more experience, you have to like his upside and nose for the ball. He nearly had that INT late in the game too, right in his hands! LOL

harpo
08-19-2011, 08:54 AM
The secondary definitely brought a lot of energy last night. I think if Warren keeps playing like that, he might be among the 53.

steelcityrockers
08-19-2011, 11:10 AM
I remember he was supposed to be a 2nd-3rd round pick a little while back before a few ****** workouts. From what I remember of him he was quite physical, good in man-to-man, and needed work in zone coverage.

K Train
08-19-2011, 11:11 AM
yep, hes always had a pretty dominant man to man technique and he sure as hell didnt look slow last night

connecticutsteel
08-19-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes he was solid . Keenan Lewis finally had a good game also

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Keenan Lewis is going to have to have 2 more games last night to feel secure in snagging a roster spot. If it comes right down to it, between Lewis, Warren, and Cortez Allen, don't be surprised if it's Warren getting the job.

I feel bad for Cortez, spending so much time injured but man Warren is looking great so far.

Rampage
08-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Warren really looked solid; I was happy to see that. Always around the ball and he made some good hits.

Speaking of the secondary, I thought Mundy looked pretty good, as well. I liked that Polamalu-esque play where he got behind the RB and stopped him before any gain.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Ryan has been getting the bulk of the playing time this preseason, and he's doing well. He may not be the type of player that Troy is, but nobody can do what Troy does, but Troy.

I like Mundy as the primary backup, he's a solid, dependable player who just does his job.

Rampage
08-19-2011, 06:21 PM
Ryan has been getting the bulk of the playing time this preseason, and he's doing well. He may not be the type of player that Troy is, but nobody can do what Troy does, but Troy.

I like Mundy as the primary backup, he's a solid, dependable player who just does his job.

He ain't no Tyrone Carter, but I guess he'll do.

:lol:

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2011, 12:57 AM
He better make the team!! Did you see how on every play, he was either in on it or right there? You can't teach that. He has the instinct! We absolutely need that type of player. For depth if nothing else!

Diehardsteel
08-22-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm extremely excited about what I saw from Warren and Keenan Lewis last game. Glad they stepped up and against Vick of all QB's! Excellent! Can't wait to see who stands out against the Falcons.

HUNT4SEVEN
08-24-2011, 08:33 PM
He better make the team!! Did you see how on every play, he was either in on it or right there? You can't teach that. He has the instinct! We absolutely need that type of player. For depth if nothing else!

yea i was impressed with his play this game, the 1st game against the Skins he looked lost out there imo, but in this game against the Eagles he showed he knows what he doing out there,obviously he's getting more comfortable as time goes on, can't wait to see what he does this Saturday against the Falcons...:tt02: