PDA

View Full Version : Who's the AFC champs?

MikeAFC
08-18-2011, 11:10 PM
God damn!!! I get home late from work & DVR didn't record the game so in on all thevsports channels tryin to catch the highlights & it's all been EFFIN New England & everyone talking about how "Great" Brady looked. Ben had a better game & he ain't gettin any air time. Sick of everyone being on N.E nuts!!! I think if N.E went 0-16 everyone would still have them as the following years Super Bowl favorite!!! Damn I'm sick of them!!!!!

MattyVfromCT
08-18-2011, 11:33 PM
God damn!!! I get home late from work & DVR didn't record the game so in on all thevsports channels tryin to catch the highlights & it's all been EFFIN New England & everyone talking about how "Great" Brady looked. Ben had a better game & he ain't gettin any air time. Sick of everyone being on N.E nuts!!! I think if N.E went 0-16 everyone would still have them as the following years Super Bowl favorite!!! Damn I'm sick of them!!!!!

well of course. because we know how they manhandled a top quality opponent in the bucs while we just barely got by a perennial bottom feeder in the eagles who are expected to go nowhere this year. the media always kisses their asses and plays up their **** competition...

igor0190
08-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Get used to the patriot propoganda... All you hear is how great belicheat is bla bla bla. Now all the media is going to be saying how they are doing everything for Myrna Kraft. The NFL network is the worst... try talking about some of the other teams for once.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-18-2011, 11:44 PM
You're always going to hear how great the Patriots are, even when they have a bad week they are still the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's just par for the course. Give them credit though, Belichick is one of the best coaches in NFL history. There's no better game planner in the league than him.

I still hate them though too, so I'm with ya!

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 01:05 AM
I too cannot stand anything about Belicheck and Brady!! They are really good and that's fine, I wouldn't hate them if they sucked but I think I might be more annoyed by the media and how much they love Brady. Have you guys ever seen or heard Colin Cowherd? I think if one of those two asked him he would divorce his wife and marry them!

I think I like that everyone just ignores the Steelers. I kinda enjoy everyone forgetting or overlooking Pittsburgh. Everyone wants to talk about Manning or Brady or whoever is the flavor of the month and come late January, there the Steelers are playing in the AFC Championship game. It is annoying but I just smile and think well, we'll see........

connecticutsteel
08-19-2011, 10:30 AM
How do you think i feel i can't even get Steelers schwag in the mall everything including negoiateing the new cba the kraft/patriots got credit for yuck!

LarryNJ
08-19-2011, 10:38 AM
:lol:

Really they are good and are going to be good for several years. But I understand your frustration, especially those that live in NE.

It's much better here in Philly, they want Andy Reid fired and Michael Vick moved to safety since his tackle on Troy's int was the best tackle of the night for the Dream Team! :).

steelersbabex25
08-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Yeah, everything they say is probably true. Tom Brady is unreal, the Patriots are gonna be awesome this year. But the media doesn't really need to be sucking their d 24-7.

LarryNJ
08-19-2011, 03:25 PM
But the media doesn't really need to be sucking their d 24-7.
Sucking what? :greengrin: I'm shocked at you!

Rampage
08-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Seriously. I turned on ESPN this morning and wondered why they were just showing an old pendulum clock. That was until I realized it was just the media hugging the nuts of the Patriots, as always.

Apparently, the Patriots are the gods of football and the Eagles just had a hiccup. Preseason matters and doesn't matter whenever they say so.

steelersbabex25
08-19-2011, 03:44 PM

Oh please. :lol:

LarryNJ
08-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Rampage and Latrobe are starting to rub off on you. :lol:

coldrolled
08-19-2011, 04:19 PM
patriots play the same.. game in and game out.. woodhead runs, noone touches him, welker short over the middle, noone touches him, woohhead runs, welker... woodhead... then a random longer pass to anyone.... then repeat... and brady just stands there.. barely touched because everyone thinks hes going to make the quick pass and burn you... he is.. plus brady reads zone coverage and blitzes well.

i think the aggrevating part is that it happens game after game, same plays.. same result.

some team needs to decide to man up and start hammering these guys off the line and crushing them on these short routes and runs until they fear you.... so what if brady gets away with a long one here or there.

its better than getting mauled for 80 yard drives one short play after the other until your exhausted, its exhausting watching it.....

thats how i see it...

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 04:34 PM
patriots play the same.. game in and game out.. woodhead runs, noone touches him, welker short over the middle, noone touches him, woohhead runs, welker... woodhead... then a random longer pass to anyone.... then repeat... and brady just stands there.. barely touched because everyone thinks hes going to make the quick pass and burn you... he is.. plus brady reads zone coverage and blitzes well.

i think the aggrevating part is that it happens game after game, same plays.. same result.

some team needs to decide to man up and start hammering these guys off the line and crushing them on these short routes and runs until they fear you.... so what if brady gets away with a long one here or there.

its better than getting mauled for 80 yard drives one short play after the other until your exhausted, its exhausting watching it.....

thats how i see it...

Ya, that is a fairly accurate description of the Pats offense in a few words. The Jets did have him thouroughly confused in that playoff game last year. They attacked him and hit him and had him all out of sync. It was nice to see because, as much as I hate to admit it, Brady is incredibly intelligent and rarely gets rattled or confused but he was noticably both those things in that game.

MattyVfromCT
08-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I too cannot stand anything about Belicheck and Brady!! They are really good and that's fine, I wouldn't hate them if they sucked but I think I might be more annoyed by the media and how much they love Brady. Have you guys ever seen or heard Colin Cowherd? I think if one of those two asked him he would divorce his wife and marry them!

I think I like that everyone just ignores the Steelers. I kinda enjoy everyone forgetting or overlooking Pittsburgh. Everyone wants to talk about Manning or Brady or whoever is the flavor of the month and come late January, there the Steelers are playing in the AFC Championship game. It is annoying but I just smile and think well, we'll see........

In 07 during the week leading up to our game with them cowherd was talking about the whole anthony smith thing and was pretty much creaming his pants talking about how "cool" tom brady is for his stupid "well done is better than well said" quote regarding smith's "guarantee". And he said and I **** you not, "I want to give birth to tom Brady's child". No joke.

But anyways my hatred of that organization is no secret. I live in new england and never in my life for any sport have I seen a fanbase rapidly grow almost overnight like they did after the 01 season. Went from "patriots village" with 10 people, a dog and a hampster to patriots "nation" with millions of fans all over the country. And the way some of these morons talk, you'd think the pats roster is tom brady and 52 clones of tom brady. People I worked with and went to school with back in 01 didn't say a peep about the pats or wear any merch. Not a peep in the week leading to the Afc championship. But after that all these fairweather frauds started running their mouths to me. Well where were u before that game? Where were u in 97? I knew 1 pat fan back when parcells got them to the super bowl and lost to the packers. Now they're everywhere and so obnoxious. 2007 was unbearable with the greatest team ever talk. Thank you new York giants!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 04:47 PM
In 07 during the week leading up to our game with them cowherd was talking about the whole anthony smith thing and was pretty much creaming his pants talking about how "cool" tom brady is for his stupid "well done is better than well said" quote regarding smith's "guarantee". And he said and I **** you not, "I want to give birth to tom Brady's child". No joke.

But anyways my hatred of that organization is no secret. I live in new england and never in my life for any sport have I seen a fanbase rapidly grow almost overnight like they did after the 01 season. Went from "patriots village" with 10 people, a dog and a hampster to patriots "nation" with millions of fans all over the country. And the way some of these morons talk, you'd think the pats roster is tom brady and 52 clones of tom brady. People I worked with and went to school with back in 01 didn't say a peep about the pats or wear any merch. Not a peep in the week leading to the Afc championship. But after that all these fairweather frauds started running their mouths to me. Well where were u before that game? Where were u in 97? I knew 1 pat fan back when parcells got them to the super bowl and lost to the packers. Now they're everywhere and so obnoxious. 2007 was unbearable with the greatest team ever talk. Thank you new York giants!

Ya, that doesn't surprise me at all. Other than the Red Sox (which I'm also tired of hearing about) the entire Boston fan base is fair weather fans. I know not everyone but too many and more than a lot of the other team fan bases across the country. Another thing that annoys me about the Patriots is the "New England". That is a cheap attempt to garner support from an entire region of the country. Everyone all the way up to Maine claims the Pats because of the New England.

The Steelers represent an entire industry and region of the country as well. I grew up in WV near Wheeling and we have just as much wrapped up in the steel industry as anyone yet the Steelers are the Pittsburgh Steelers and they should be because they are located in..... wait for it....... Pittsburgh! The same could be said for the Packers, I guess but yet they go by the name of the city in which they are located!!

That is probably nit-picking but its just another reason not to like them, as if anyone needed another. That has just always bothered me so I figured I'd say it!

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Last nights broadcast of The Steelers vs the second coming of Christ you barely heard anything bout the Steelers as usual. Even Bradshaw was giviin all his love to the Lions. What the hell is up with that. Personally, we don't need the spotight. We good and we know it. Now play football. The Pats will go along way, they always do. Then boom, right when we need them to blow up they deliver. Just sayin.

Scorp
08-19-2011, 06:04 PM

I feel the exact same way as you about marcia brady and the pats. As long as he's playing they will always get their nuts licked buddy. Someone should just take out brady's knee again early in the season and settle for a small, easy fine.

Just let me say this. Something so true. Brady will never get back to the super bowl. I promise you that. He won 3, they were called something like that 80's tv show. Well, if you're around my age then you know. Wait scratch that. Anyhow, look at Aikman and Elway. They won theirs and never got back. Elway retired but i'm sure you get the pic.

Once you win your championships you're pretty much done. Maybe Brees and Manning have a better shot at getting back. As for Ben.......he's not done.

--- Added 8/19/2011 at 05:04 PM ---

I understand the fanbase thing out there cause that is their home. But out here, since they lost and never got back. They all hide or put on next years super bowl winners jersey.

Farrior Fan
08-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm loving the Pats hatred. The only player I even halfway respect is Welker...and of course he is the one that Ryan Clark decided to destroy. My one wish for this season is that #92 gets a free run on Bradys blind side and blows him up into 5 million pieces. Can you imagine the fine?

I hate how the flags come raining down when a big dude breathes on Brady. Anyone notice that late hit on Ben last night? That dude took at least 3 steps before he tried to knock Ben out for the season. No flag and Ben gets up. If that happened to Brady there would be half of the doctors in Boston out on the field and we would have to hear how the big bad guy that hit him should be banned from the NFL. I can almost guarantee that Goodell told the refs to not throw any flags if Ben gets hit. The disparity is mindblowing. I hope we win a ring this year for many reasons but the #1 is so that Hines, Harrison, and Ben can stand on the podium and tell the world the reason we are the best is because we are tougher than anyone else and you just cannot legislate toughness out of the league with all of your pansy rules.

Did I mention that I hate the Cheatriots! Please beat them by 50 points this year.

Moondog
08-19-2011, 11:44 PM
Until the Steelers beat the Pats in a post season game, I don't think I can talk much. I hate the Pats because they have the Steeler's number, to be honest. Those guys are good and I have to give credit where credit is due as much as it makes me sick to type that. Anyhow, Lebeau is going to have to take some risk and scheme differently if they want to beat the Patriots. The DBs have to hit those guys at the line of scrimmage, not play 10 yards off the ball. As a previous poster said, it is maddening to watch Brady, with that smug look on his face, just dink and dunk the Steelers to death. Maybe someone with more football savvy can tell me why Lebeau uses this approach when playing Brady? I know it's to keep the offense in front of them to prevent big plays, but it just doesn't work against the Pats or elite QBs.

Real Deal Steel
08-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Seriously. I turned on ESPN this morning and wondered why they were just showing an old pendulum clock. That was until I realized it was just the media hugging the nuts of the Patriots, as always.

Apparently, the Patriots are the gods of football and the Eagles just had a hiccup. Preseason matters and doesn't matter whenever they say so.

Hey...all this Patriots ball washing is keeping our team focused and with a chip on their shoulder. I wouldn't have it any other way. Because when we come out with a little attitude, we're a mean, nasty bunch.

Go ahead media...keep on ballwashing the Patriots.

MattyVfromCT
08-20-2011, 12:20 AM
Until the Steelers beat the Pats in a post season game, I don't think I can talk much. I hate the Pats because they have the Steeler's number, to be honest. Those guys are good and I have to give credit where credit is due as much as it makes me sick to type that. Anyhow, Lebeau is going to have to take some risk and scheme differently if they want to beat the Patriots. The DBs have to hit those guys at the line of scrimmage, not play 10 yards off the ball. As a previous poster said, it is maddening to watch Brady, with that smug look on his face, just dink and dunk the Steelers to death. Maybe someone with more football savvy can tell me why Lebeau uses this approach when playing Brady? I know it's to keep the offense in front of them to prevent big plays, but it just doesn't work against the Pats or elite QBs.

couldn't agree more. we play right into the pats gameplan......

STEELyourface
08-20-2011, 12:46 AM

Everything you said is spot on. We can't say much about it until we beat them in a game that really matters, but of course that's a big part of why we all hate them. The media does give them way too much love though, at least I think. At one point it was very deserved but considering they haven't won a playoff game in several seasons I think they could settle down on it a little bit.

I do have to give Brady credit for one thing in particular. In a radio interview or something last year he took a shot at the Ravens that was accurate and hilarious. I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. He commented on how the Ravens talk a lot of smack about being disrespected and the refs being unfair and what not.

He said something along the lines of, "All I know is for a team that has only beat us once in about 10 years and hasn't won a Super Bowl any time recently they do an awful lot of complaining about how we disrespect them." It went on and for the most part I thought he was correct.

They do spend a lot of time whining about never getting any calls from the refs. In my opinion, players shouldn't really say too much about the refs (there are exceptions), I think that is more something for fans to do. I don't want to hear my team up their in post game press conferences making excuses I think it just sounds kinda whiny and bitter.

I just remember hearing that and thinking it was funny. Anyways since we've bashed the Pats for a while I thought maybe someone should throw a little shot at the Ravens, a team I can't stand even more!

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2011, 10:42 AM
If we had won the SB last year, doesn't matter if we had beaten the Patriots or not. Don't get me wrong, I want to beat the snot out of them later in the season but winning the SB is our goal. And if we don't beat the Patriots in the next 5 times we play them, but win a couple of Super Bowls, I"m cool with that.

coldrolled
08-20-2011, 11:12 AM
you would think one of the teams in the pats division.. with all the great coaching and players could find a kick butt blueprint to beat them... the jets and browns did last year once, but noone followed it up. their divsion needs to break it open and shut down the short game, they play them 6 games a year....
come on already.

Farrior Fan
08-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Bernard Pollard figured out how to not only beat them but also make them beatable for everyone else.

MattyVfromCT
08-20-2011, 03:26 PM
you would think one of the teams in the pats division.. with all the great coaching and players could find a kick butt blueprint to beat them... the jets and browns did last year once, but noone followed it up. their divsion needs to break it open and shut down the short game, they play them 6 games a year....
come on already.

i think the jets are on the right track. as much as i hate rex ryan the guy is one of the best defensive minds in the game. they really flustered brady in that divisional round game last year. you have to hit brady early and often and get him to make a costly mistake early. it's all mental with him. if he get's in a groove forget it. i hope lebeau studies footage from that game and comes up with a plan. remember we pretty much changed our coverage philosophy after the pats loss last year as well. after that game we had the #1 pass d in the nfl

SteelersWoman
08-20-2011, 07:00 PM

d? defense, of course! :o :lol: