PDA

View Full Version : Rod Hood to save our secondary!!

igor0190
08-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Tweet from Ken Laird :
"things are desperate when Hot Rod Hood is in town. not good Keenan RT @JasonLaCanfora: Steelers had DB Roderick Hood in for a visit on Wed"

All these new bodies... Someone's getting cut.
Keenan? Gay?

connecticutsteel
08-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Right now there bodies cause of all the injuries but anyone could be cut

Steelers_All_Day_43
08-18-2011, 04:14 AM
Gay won't get cut.

DanRooney
08-18-2011, 05:19 AM
For the love of God please cut Gay.

TampaSteelGirl
08-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Gay won't get cut.

He F'in better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yesnod:

I dont know this guy..who is he?

K Train
08-18-2011, 11:13 AM
i think its funny that everyonethinks gay is the worst DB on the roster. not even close

coldrolled
08-18-2011, 11:13 AM
He F'in better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yesnod:

I dont know this guy..who is he?

he played eagles, pitt west, titans.. last year??

he has a CB pulse.. he could stick with us.. 29 years old. going on 30...

TampaSteelGirl
08-18-2011, 11:17 AM
i think its funny that everyonethinks gay is the worst DB on the roster. not even close

What was so funny about Superbowl K-Train??????

BlitzburghRockCity
08-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Gay won't get cut, he's one of the only guys with any experience by BMac currently on the roster. Whether he should or not is up for debate though.

Right now with so many injuries to this group, it makes sense to bring in as many as possible to keep your options open. The original plan was most likely to go with the group they had in house, possibly adding another player or 2 in camp to keep things wide open. Then the injuries hit this group and they need to cover themselves with able bodies for the next few games and once the season starts.

Assuming players are healthy it's still most likely going to be Taylor, McFadden, Gay, Curtis Brown, and then a crap shoot for the final 1 or 2 CB spots between everyone else.

MDSteel15
08-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Gay is excellent in run suport and blitz packages! His issue is that the WRs he ends up covering are bigger than him and he can't cover them...

LatrobePA
08-18-2011, 12:05 PM

Settle down wild woman...Gay sucked, but Troy being only 30% was also getting fried out there...

Gay in a NB role is good, Gay on a #1 WR or TE noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

DanRooney
08-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Gay in the NB position sucks. Gay at the CB position sucks.

MattyVfromCT
08-18-2011, 12:14 PM

Bmac was even worse than gay last years. Allowed over 70% of passes thrown his way to be completed

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

LatrobePA
08-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Talking Steeler DB's is as bad as talking politics, there's never a winner! lol

MDSteel15
08-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Talking Steeler DB's is as bad as talking politics, there's never a winner! lol

^^^^ :lol: So True

DanRooney
08-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Bmac was even worse than gay last years. Allowed over 70% of passes thrown his way to be completed

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Last year it was 69.7% for McFadden. But right behind him was 67.7% for Gay.

Rampage
08-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I think Lewis is really going to need to prove that he isn't just another "catch up to the receiver and tackle him," CB. We already have enough of them. If he can't show coverage skills, I think he's done. Like Sweed, he hasn't shown anything since he came here and there are some younger guys that might be better for the team to move ahead with.

LatrobePA
08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm convinced one young DB will step up and become a star.

K Train
08-18-2011, 01:35 PM
in curits brown i trust

TampaSteelGirl
08-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Settle down wild woman...Gay sucked, but Troy being only 30% was also getting fried out there...

Gay in a NB role is good, Gay on a #1 WR or TE noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

:rofl: Well Gay was 100% what was his excuse??? Troy had one. I just think we can do better thank Willie deep...NB role yes i'll agree he's pretty good.
Im just ready for some regular season footballl!!!!!!! :tt02:

LatrobePA
08-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Gay @ 100% is still only 20%!

DanRooney
08-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Why trust Curtis Brown when we have big play Willie Gay? Look at all the teams that jumped on him in free agency. We were lucky to sign him back being a solid nickel corner and all.

Zachintosh66
08-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Gay is excellent in run suport and blitz packages!

Then move him to LB...

Such a good blitzer he's had 3 sacks in 4 years... *rolls eyes* Oh and one INT... EVER!

Hes not the worst DB on the team, but hes my personal enemy number one. Our Secondary is so horrid he plays nickel back

steelersbabex25
08-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll tear an ACL this season...

TOTALLY KIDDING. I would never wish injury on to anybody. Besides Harbaugh.

SteelDad
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
This is all pretty normal folks. Filling roster spots due to injury might help you strike gold some day. Our secondary is settled for the most part and it will look just like last year with the posible exception of Brown.:crossfingers:

LatrobePA
08-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Q. Will rookie cornerback Curtis Brown get some snaps vs. the Eagles?

A. He is, and we’re looking forward to watching him go. When he has practiced for us, he has practiced extremely well. He has great short-area quickness, and he stays close to guys. We’re looking forward to seeing him against the Eagles.

Rampage
08-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Q. Will rookie cornerback Curtis Brown get some snaps vs. the Eagles?

A. He is, and we’re looking forward to watching him go. When he has practiced for us, he has practiced extremely well. He has great short-area quickness, and he stays close to guys. We’re looking forward to seeing him against the Eagles.

Wouldn't it be sweet if he played so well that the coaches didn't have a choice but to put him on the field? A man can dream.

LatrobePA
08-18-2011, 03:20 PM
Wouldn't it be sweet if he played so well that the coaches didn't have a choice but to put him on the field? A man can dream.

That's what I'm banking on... I keep thinking someone has got to step up!

TampaSteelGirl
08-18-2011, 03:24 PM
Gay @ 100% is still only 20%!

That's what I'm saying....:girlfight:

--- Added 8/18/2011 at 01:24 PM ---

Why trust Curtis Brown when we have big play Willie Gay? Look at all the teams that jumped on him in free agency. We were lucky to sign him back being a solid nickel corner and all.

What 's that you sayin :troll:?????

steelcitysfinestXL
08-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Will Gay isnt as bad as you all make him out to be. He got beat badly by Aaron Rogers (so did the rest of our defense) and Tom Brady (who owns Dick Lebeau led defenses)... alot of guys do. Other than that he was pretty solid last year. People like to say: "All you have to do is spread out our D and good passing teams willlight us up!"... bull$hit. We lost 5 games last year: 2 to running teams (BAL/NYJ) 3 to great passing offenses (NO/NE/GB)

New Orleans beat us 20-10. If you hold Drew Brees to 20 points and dont win its your offenses fault, we lost thanks to untimely turnovers, not because of Will Gay! GB beat us 31-25, one touch down was a pick-six... so again our defense gave up 24 (not all that terrible) points and turnovers played a huge part in that loss. New England was a complete beating of our secondary, ill give you that... but Brady may go down as one of the best ever.