PDA

View Full Version : Blitzburghsagna

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
No, it's not black n gold lasagna, although that would be cool would it not?! :thinking: I just call it Blitzburgsagna because I'm BRC after all :D

Anyways, I tried making homemade lasagna the other night and it actually turned out pretty well. Normally we just go for the Stouffers premade stuff, and it's ok but I figured it was high time to try my own.

2 jars of Garlic and Onion Ragu spaghetti sauce
2 lbs of hamburger
2 bags (2 cup size bags) of mozzarella shredded cheese
2 bags (2 cup size bags) of italian blend shredded cheese
1 small bag of pepperoni (the type you find in the deli section for homepage pizzas)
1 box any type of lasagna noodles, we prefer the high fiber Ronzoni.
1 pack of bacon, any type you like. Turkey bacon might taste alittle odd though but you could try it if you prefer that type.

Brown the hamburger in a pan like you normally would, adding onion salt and garlic salt. If you prefer you can use the powder instead of salt.

I cook the noodles first but some people don't. Just boiled them in water and alittle salt for about 10 minutes then put the first layer in the pan.

Next add a thin layer of cooked hamburger, then cover it in sauce, add a generous layer mozzarella cheese, then a few strips of bacon.

Next layer: noodles, then hamburger, then sauce, then cheese, then pepperoni.

Continue alternating layers until the pan is full.

On the very top layer before covering to cook, add one last layer of mozzarella.

I cooked ours for about 45 minutes and it was piping hot all the way through. The last 2 minutes I took the foil off so the top layer of cheese melted.

Add some fresh garlic bread and a nice garden salad and you've got a great family dinner.

PsychoWard
08-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Sounds really good Matt! I have never tried a homeade lasgana and it has been on my list to do! Might have to give this one a shot!

NOVA STEELERS
08-15-2011, 08:22 PM
I have made homemade before, but never with bacon :thinking:

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Bacon in lasagna ??? :nono: wtf somethings just ain't right...

steelersgal86
08-16-2011, 08:26 AM
that is 3 meat lasagna beef, pepperoni, and bacon...never had bacon in lasagna..but sounds good

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2011, 09:42 AM
It was weird, I just kinda put it in on a whim. For whatever reason it actually tasted pretty good. I didn't overdo it though, just a few pieces on the one layer and that was it.

PsychoWard
08-16-2011, 11:14 AM
Bacon in lasagna ??? :nono: wtf somethings just ain't right...

:nono: bacon makes everything better! Hell bacon would make ice cream better!

LarryNJ
08-16-2011, 12:22 PM
To make it even better make your own sauce. It's really very simple and you can make a big batch and freeze some for later meals. I'll find a recipe and post it later. Also add some oregano or italian seasoning to the meat when you are browning it for extra flavor.

steelersgal86
08-16-2011, 12:50 PM
To make it even better make your own sauce. It's really very simple and you can make a big batch and freeze some for later meals. I'll find a recipe and post it later. Also add some oregano or italian seasoning to the meat when you are browning it for extra flavor.

please do..still looking for a good sauce recipe

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2011, 02:25 PM
:nono: bacon makes everything better! Hell bacon would make ice cream better!

Denny's was offering a bacon sundae awhile back, didn't try it though but it looked kinda weird..LOL

Yeah definitely, I've made my own sauce before but I'm open to a new things.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Link to Larry's recipe for the sauce:

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32060

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-17-2011, 12:32 AM
I always make my own sauce...but hard to give recipe because mostly done by eye and taste...but it is awesome!!

Scorp
08-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Never disrespect homemade lasagna boys. If you haven't tried it you will love it. It's me favorite dish. Nothing beats home cooking.

As for the black and gold lasagna all you have to do is heavily spread olives and yellow cheese on top and the bottom. Throw on your steelers bib and dig in. Made me hungry.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 02:10 PM
I can't do the olives, Scorp..Yuck!! LOL

BlacknGold Bleeder
08-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Bacon?? olives?? dam you guys know how to mess with a good thing...