PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy theory on FO's reasons for all these candidates...

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 06:39 AM
There's a bunch of these on the Post-Gazette's website..

"This may sound crazy but ... I think the Steelers want Rivera so they came up with the great idea of putting Gailey into the mix, I do not think they will hire him. I do think they want to buy time and see if the Bears lose on Sunday and they have bought more time now for the next 2 weeks. If the Bears win, then next week they will be doing the 2nd round of meetings and that will last all week to see if the Bears win the NFC and go to the Super Bowl. Pretty good move because the Cards and Fish are at the Steelers mercy waiting to see if they hire Whiz or Grim. This should cause both of those teams to lose interest and feel like they are playing 2nd fiddle and waiting on the table scraps and they will both hire someone else who in the end will not help them win. Now it gets good -- the Raiders and the Steelers are the only two teams left and Rivera, Whiz and Grimm would never work for Big Al so Rivera is the pick and Whiz and Grimm stay for at least another year. Now for the Perfect ending -- last week I felt sad when Bill left, Then to hear all the talk about him taking this year off and then being the Giants, Cowboys or Browns coach next year made me mad and sick to my stomach. I think the Steelers Nation got the short end of the stick. Unless Big Al throws a ton of money at Bill to lure him West and then he has to pay the Steelers back. Now Mr. Rooney says ok we will take the # 1 pick this year and Randy Moss for pay back. The later part of this is just a good dream, but Rivera, Whiz and Grim holding the Super Bowl Trophy next year all as Steelers coaches could very well happen. Might as well stir the pot a little bit we only get to do this every 15 or 20 years." --

"The conventional wisdom in conspiracy theory circles would have to be that the Steelers are trying to take enough time for the Cardinals to offer Whisenhunt a contract so as to hire their favorite candidate, Russ Grimm, without having to actually choose him over Whisenhunt. I honestly don't believe that is what they are intentionally doing, but I do believe they favor Grimm over all others. He is a rough and tumble Pittsburgh guy -- and there is nothing wrong with that. I think either would be a good choice, but if I had a guess I'll go with Grimm in a photo finish."

DIESELMAN
01-13-2007, 06:49 AM
I believe Grimm has got the stones to be the next HC. He was a nasty OLineman afterall. Whiz seems like he would be kinda laid back and if he did bark nobody would jump. As far as conspiracy theories go....I don't put nothin past nobody especially in the big business world of the NFL. You gotta be shrewd and cunning to get what you want, the NFL is no different. The Rooneys have been around for a looooooong time theres no telling what they got up their sleeves.....we've said this before....it's going to be interesting who they choose especially now that some time has gone by and some candidates are into their second interview stage with other teams.....:popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I just don't want us losing out on a potential good coach because we took too long interviewing a bunch of nobody's that everybody hates.

As a Steeler fan you have to trust the Rooney's judgement on this because they are by far the best and most respected owners in the NFL; I just hate waiting. !!!!!

Stairwayto7
01-13-2007, 08:33 AM
I just don't want us losing out on a potential good coach because we took too long interviewing a bunch of nobody's that everybody hates.

As a Steeler fan you have to trust the Rooney's judgement on this because they are by far the best and most respected owners in the NFL; I just hate waiting. !!!!!

I agree, we can only wait so long. Rivera, I just read his bio on Bears .com, seems like a great choice. But would he clean house? And how long would he take to clean house and start fresh. We have way to much talent for the REBUILDing mode.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 08:56 AM
There is no way in the world I want to go into a complete rebuild and I would hope the Rooney's would realize that when interviewing a potential candidate. This team has too much talent to go changing personnel and schemes all over the place.

That's why I want to stay in house if possible because the transition would be so difficult, that's not to say that some shakeups here and there aren't warranted because I think they are. However wholesale changes are definately something we don't want to go through.

House of Steel
01-13-2007, 09:21 AM
If they hired outside, you realize how much this would screw Ben???? Think about this for awhile.

Stairwayto7
01-13-2007, 09:33 AM
If they hired outside, you realize how much this would screw Ben???? Think about this for awhile.

Please say it isnt so, I agree ben would be disturb. Rebuilding is the ultimate curse word for an NFL team. This team is to far along for that

House of Steel
01-13-2007, 09:38 AM
I WISH THEY GET ON THE BALL AND HIRE WHIZ or GRIMM. That way everything stays intact and Ben can go his way in opening a can of whoop *** on the AFC NORTH and the NFL. This should of been done yesterday. You watch the Cardinals sweep up Whiz out of our grip. I will be highly pissed if this happens.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 10:10 AM
We've put way too much in over the years to keep this team competitive so we don't have to rebuild so this new coach better not screw it up !

House of Steel
01-13-2007, 10:13 AM
HEY POST WHORE!!! :postwhore: That is twice now you posted the same thing.

AZ_Steeler
01-13-2007, 12:04 PM
How about this conspiracy theory... the Steelers are going to hire some coach that is going to flop bad his first season so when Cowher is done spending time with his family then they will hire him back :dunno:

AZ_Steeler
01-13-2007, 12:05 PM

As if you have never posted the same thing again or even posted contradicting yourself in a previous post :postwhore: :lol: ;)

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 12:30 PM

Listen punk boy, that's the pot calling the kettle black if I ever heard it. You have NO room to talk about double posting, especially when mine was an accident when the boards timed out this morning so ! :nahnah:

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 12:31 PM
How about this conspiracy theory... the Steelers are going to hire some coach that is going to flop bad his first season so when Cowher is done spending time with his family then they will hire him back :dunno:

Wouldn't that be ironic as all get out !

Steelersfan
01-13-2007, 12:55 PM

Oh screw that!....lol We have a team that can compete for the Super Bowl next year and I'd hate to see us waste a year just to get Cowher back!

And if we get a coach from the outside there is no reason we can't play to win right now while they build the team through the draft and FA to go with the type of game that coach may like to play. The good things about the NFL is it doesn't take long to rebuild if that is what a team wants to do.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 01:33 PM
well i got a new thing to say **** to, and that's **** the rooney's.....overrated *** owners, cheap bastards don't even want to fix the field, and hire a coach, **** the rooney's

Steelersfan
01-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Cowhers gone so koopa needs someone to pick on.....lol

TEEMONT
01-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Please say it isnt so, I agree ben would be disturb. Rebuilding is the ultimate curse word for an NFL team. This team is to far along for that

I think Ben would be fine, and if he wasn't he would need to get to the point where he just grows up a little bit.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 01:54 PM

they won't even get a new field when it's obvious we need one. they are overrated owners.....so **** the rooney's they need to sell the team to ppl who care about the fans lol

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 02:24 PM
There's no doubt we need to get some damn Field Turf at Heinz. Everybody else in the northeast uses it, I mean comon already how much money do you have to waste on new sod before we get some decent damn turf that won't wear out every 2 months. !

TEEMONT
01-13-2007, 02:28 PM
***K Field Turf, the game is meant to be played on grass.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 02:49 PM
I agree grass is best but in our climate it's just not condusive to the beating it takes from not only us, but also from Pitt, and all the local high school teams that play there too. By November it's just beat all to hell.

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 02:56 PM
***K Field Turf, the game is meant to be played on grass.

I agree totally bro. I could care less what condition the field is. **** its football and its not supposed to look pretty.lol

Thats why I hate teams like the Colts since they play indoors and they're soft.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 02:59 PM
y'all old ****s lol.......get with the program already, tear down the field and build a dome lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 03:01 PM
y'all old ****s lol.......get with the program already, tear down the field and build a dome lol

A Dome? You got to be ****ing kidding? The day the Steelers play in a dome is the day Hell freezes over.

floodcitygirl
01-13-2007, 03:17 PM
Hard to imagine the team from the Steel City playing in a dome at home.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 03:24 PM
yeah i was kidding about the dome part........but seriously, y'all old fools need to get with the program, that field is pretty dangerous for the players, and it seems to hurt us more then the other team, we really need to get a field like the ravens, that field ****ing rules all lol

floodcitygirl
01-13-2007, 03:26 PM
yeah i was kidding about the dome part........but seriously, y'all old fools need to get with the program, that field is pretty dangerous for the players, and it seems to hurt us more then the other team, we really need to get a field like the ravens, that field ****ing rules all lolEither a new field or cletes that work!!! What was up with all the slipping this past season.....only us?????

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 03:26 PM
yeah i was kidding about the dome part........but seriously, y'all old fools need to get with the program, that field is pretty dangerous for the players, and it seems to hurt us more then the other team, we really need to get a field like the ravens, that field ****ing rules all lol

Old fool? I'm only 27 Koop. Only six years older then you. As for getting with the program. I'm with the program but I just hate turf. The field turf is alot better then the old astro turf. But I'd prefer the grass.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 03:27 PM
and pittsburgh needs to stop being so damn cheap, build a new stadium for pitt, and let the college and high school teams play there

Koopa
01-13-2007, 03:28 PM
Old fool? I'm only 27 Koop. Only six years older then you. As for getting with the program. I'm with the program but I just hate turf. The field turf is alot better then the old astro turf. But I'd prefer the grass.

but when you let everyone play on it, and when you have ****** weather the grass can be dangerous to the players knees and ****, it's time for a change

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Everytime I see our field late in the season I get flashbacks of the sandpile we played in at Cincy a few years back :cursin:

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 03:37 PM
but when you let everyone play on it, and when you have ****** weather the grass can be dangerous to the players knees and ****, it's time for a change

I don't recall many Steelers suffering season ending knee injuries this year. You don't think turf can be dangerous also? You have to watch that turf ****. Like I said the field turf is alot better then the old ****. But still it can dangerous also. Football is a dangerous game period.

I know we will just put the players in a plastic bubble and turn the game into flag football since football is a dangerous game.

As for the high school, Pitt and the Steelers all sharing Heinz Field. I have never liked the idea but I understand when a stadium costs that much you want to use it more then just for 10 Steelers home football games.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 03:45 PM
but the field ****s us up more then the away team, willie sucks enough as it is when we play a team that is decent on defense, we don't need to field ****ing him up more by him slipping all the time

the rooney's need to wake their old asses up and get with the program and make the field badass looking......cause it looks like a peice of ****, and players from around the league said it's the worse field in the nfl........the nfl needs to get on top of this and for the dumbass rooney's to change the field and hire a coach lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Ok this thread has gotten off topic.lol

Koopa
01-13-2007, 03:49 PM
i brought it back with my last sentence lol

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 03:52 PM
i brought it back with my last sentence lol

True that Koop true that. Dude I like chatting with you. Even though we disagree we can joke around and don't get pissed about it.

SteelersWoman
01-14-2007, 09:51 AM

That's an idea that's been kicked around between my Dad and I AZ, but figured that everyone would think that I was bein' ridiculous, so I hadn't mentioned it here. But it IT is a thought, and probably no more off base than anything else that's surrounded the BC discussion.

It WOULD give Bill a year (at least) to rest, and will have saved the Rooneys a few mill, and I just CAN'T imagine him (and don't WANT him ;)) coachin anywhere else....:2cents:

Ambridge
01-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Stringing out and delaying the interview process by bringing in a bunch of Flunky coaches like Gailey and Sherman makes sense if they are waiting on Ron Rivera and Chicago to exit the playoffs.

Supposed Ron Rivera is a lot like Cowher before he got hired as HC....he's been a player in the league who wasn't a big name who had to work very hard and over-achieve in order to play, he relates very well to modern players but doesn't put up with a lot of stupidity and non-sense and loves to play and coach hardnosed defense.

Being that Rivera would be a first time head coach I believe he wouldn't be able make a lot of changes on either side of the ball.........either with players or the playbook and I'm sure the Rooney's would make that clear from the beginning.

Making a change in a calculated direction can be a good thing.

BlitzburghNation
01-14-2007, 10:55 AM
I agree,,,,,,,,,,,,They need to hire whiz or grimm and be done with it and get on with the off-season !