PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers schedule the first 6 weeks...

Troyisabeast_43
08-15-2011, 09:32 AM
I really believe the Steelers looking at their first 6 weeks of the season have a great chance to go 5-1 or 4-2 at the very worst to start the season. The key to going 5-1 is what will happen in the opener in Baltimore. If the Steelers are able to steal that game in Baltimore which I think they have an excellent chance of doing it really sets them up to start the year 5-1 I think. The other 5 games after the Ravens game consists of the Seahawks at home,followed by back to back road games at Indy and Houston, then two straight home games against Tennessee and Jacksonville. I definitely think the Steelers can and will win all 3 of those home games which would lead them to just trying to find a way to earn a split in both Indy and Houston which I definitely think they can do. The good news about this schedule is all of the division games with the exception of the opener are in both November and December. The Steelers will have been done playing the Ravens twice before they even see the Bengals or Browns one time. The toughest stretch of the season is in late October having to go to Arizona followed up with back to back home games with the Patriots and Ravens.

So the point is if you can be 5-1 4-2 going into that tough stretch of 3 games it once again will set the Steelers up to be in position to not only win the division but also contend for a bye week and homefield advantage in the playoffs. The Steelers are going to get to play both the Colts and Patriots this year and will have a chance to win the head to head tiebraker over both of them. The key game though is the opener in Baltimore it's going to be such a huge huge game to set the tone for this season for both teams. I think the Ravens need it much more then the Steelers do seeing that a Ravens loss at home in that game to the Steelers could really do damage to them psychologically for the remainder of the season. Nothing would be better then to go into Baltimore for the opener and beat them in front of their home fans and get in their heads immediately to star the season that they still cant beat the Steelers and that they are still the team to beat in this division.

cmerrifield
08-15-2011, 09:36 AM
They will have a great shot at beating Indy. The last time Manning was out for preseason, the Colts started poorly and barely made the playoffs. Plus, last year some of his favorite targets were injured. So, not only does he not have a preseason to get back in a rhythm with his receivers, he hasn't played with a couple of them in about a year. Good news for us. I think 5-1 or 4-2 for the first 6 weeks is definitely reasonable and should set us up for the division title again.

LarryNJ
08-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Steelers up to be in position to not only win the division but also contend for a bye week and homefield advantage in the playoffs

Only you can throw in a playoff scenario in Aug! :)

It's great to see your post and I look forward to reading them all year!

Rampage
08-15-2011, 01:30 PM
@ Baltimore
Seattle
@ Indianapolis
@ Houston
Tennessee
Jacksonville

I could see 4-2 being a reasonable hypothesis. The Ravens are always brutal. Indy plays us well; however, we could be fortunate playing Peyton early in the season. Hit him in the neck, Jimmy! Houston is a team that really concerns me. They have the type of offense that can screw our secondary and their defense should be a bit better. I say they take one win and lose the other two of those three.

I am concerned with the next three weeks, as well. The team rarely does well when traveling to Arizona, New England is pretty much an automatic loss based upon recent history and then the Ravens again.

TampaSteelGirl
08-15-2011, 01:33 PM
Only you can throw in a playoff scenario in Aug! :)

It's great to see your post and I look forward to reading them all year!

:rofl: yes...he is the only one!

Love your write up!! Im wonderfing if Peyton will be back game 3...I don't think he's 100% yet.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-15-2011, 01:35 PM
I wouldn't sleep on the Texans........The Steelers should win all three of their home games in those first 6 games but they always drop a game to a team they should beat.....So you never know.....Really I expect the Steelers to go 1-2 on the road in those first three road games....I agree the key game is the Ravens game and its such a huge game for the first week of the season.....

mwittman5
08-15-2011, 01:45 PM
The last 5 or 6 games are a cake walk. I still think we go 12-4 losing to the ravens once, colts, patriots, and drop a game we should win against somebody like the Texans.

JensK
08-15-2011, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't sleep on the Texans........The Steelers should win all three of their home games in those first 6 games but they always drop a game to a team they should beat.....So you never know.....Really I expect the Steelers to go 1-2 on the road in those first three road games....I agree the key game is the Ravens game and its such a huge game for the first week of the season.....

I concur. I could easily see Steelers starting 3-3, although they could easily got 5-1 as well. The Ravens is always hard fought and impossible to predict. The colts are not really looking sharp, but it all depends on Manning. Texans have been a long time underdog favorite of mine and their aerial attack matches quite well against us. With that being said, none of these games are games which we are not very capable of winning.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2011, 02:20 PM
There is no doubt the first part of the season is much tougher than the last part. The Steelers will be tested right out of the gate. Both the Steelers and Ravens will view this game as a must win, and it's imperative for the Steelers to try and steal that one and start off on the right foot. You don't want to be chasing the Ravens any longer than you have too.

I fully believe they can do it, but regardless it's going to be tough.

I don't sleep on the Texans either, especially on the road. Certainly a winnable game but not an easy one after having played the Colts.

The only one I view as a most likely loss is the Patriots game, again based on past experience like Rampage mentioned.

If the Steelers can start off strong and get to the second part of the season at having only lost 1 or 2 at the most, then I like their chances to hold onto whatever potential lead they have in the division at that time.

steelchamp204
08-15-2011, 02:35 PM
We will start 6-0, Im calling it. Plus I gotta be the first guys you calls nuts lol.

K Train
08-15-2011, 03:24 PM
what is ANY of this based on? the game against the redskins? lol

LarryNJ
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
what is ANY of this based on? the game against the redskins? lol

Past performances! :)

Although like when you buy securities...Past performance doesn't guarantee future performances. :)

But you certainly can look at the past and off season moves and make an intelligent prediction.

K Train
08-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Past performances! :)

Although like when you buy securities...Past performance doesn't guarantee future performances. :)

But you certainly can look at the past and off season moves and make an intelligent prediction.

dont get me wrong, i like the progress young guys are making, i like the additions through the draft...but i saw an oline that couldnt block and a secondary that couldnt stop anyone. they still got a long way to go before we can start predicting a 5-1 or 6-0 start...its kinda ludacris to make that prediction based on a superbowl that left a bad taste in everyones mouth and a poor showing in their first preseason game.

im excited for the year but based on what we saw friday i wouldnt even say we played better than the ravens who looked AWFUL against the eagles

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2011, 04:41 PM
Don't you know K train that when Troyisabeast posts up something, it either happens or happens pretty close to what he prognosticates, LOL.

There's a ton of question marks yet to be figured out with this team, but potential based on last year and this years picks, is pretty good. If you just watch the first preseason game, then yeah you'd be concerned. Wait till the other 3 are played out and see where we stand to get a better idea of the starters (atleast as much as possible with exhibition.)

Root4Stlrs
08-15-2011, 10:44 PM
I remember TroyIsABeast was pretty right on with his predictions last year, and he got some flak for them then, too.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Yeah he makes a lot of predictions and usually takes some heat from people who think he shouldn't be looking ahead at the time. Overall though, he's been here for years and he's not afraid of some criticism. Honestly, he's been right enough that he's earned the respect of the members and visitors that read his thoughts.

He may not be always right, and there's always factors that could come up that alter things, but overall I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt.