PDA

View Full Version : Harrison's Leg Power Down?

mwittman5
08-14-2011, 07:28 PM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/665/james-harrison

Dale Lolley of the Washington Observer-Reporter hears that OLB James Harrison's leg power has decreased substantially following dual offseason back surgeries.

According to Lolley's sources, Harrison is squatting 365 pounds right now compared to the 600 pounds he put up before the surgery. Harrison sat out the preseason opener, and this report suggests he won't be his dominant self early in the season. 2010 second-rounder Jason Worilds could pick up extra snaps.

I'm a bit skeptical about believing this because he is probably slowly working his way back after back surgery but it's something worth keeping an eye on.

Big T
08-14-2011, 07:37 PM
These people are so f*cking stupid. I saw the interview a week ago. They were asking about the surgery and how he was feeling. They asked if he's been lifting as much as usual and he said he usually squats 6-700 pounds but since the surgery he's been taking it easy only doing like 365lbs or so. People always trying to start **** up where there isn't any.

mwittman5
08-14-2011, 07:44 PM
These people are so f*cking stupid. I saw the interview a week ago. They were asking about the surgery and how he was feeling. They asked if he's been lifting as much as usual and he said he usually squats 6-700 pounds but since the surgery he's been taking it easy only doing like 365lbs or so. People always trying to start **** up where there isn't any.

Oh ok thanks for that. Sounded like they were trying to start something from nothing.

LatrobePA
08-14-2011, 07:48 PM
I just saw that same thing honestly they had me thinking the worst!!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-14-2011, 10:24 PM
What do they expect him to do, have 2 back surgeries and then go squat 600 lbs the next day? Of course he's lost some of his leg power, he'll get it back over time as he's able to get back into the gym regularly and back into game shape.

The Steelers are easing him back in camp and I doubt he'll play much in preseason.

LarryNJ
08-15-2011, 10:42 AM
he's been taking it easy only doing like 365lbs

A hard day at the gym for me is squatting 65lbs! :)

TampaSteelGirl
08-15-2011, 10:59 AM
What do they expect him to do, have 2 back surgeries and then go squat 600 lbs the next day? Of course he's lost some of his leg power, he'll get it back over time as he's able to get back into the gym regularly and back into game shape.

The Steelers are easing him back in camp and I doubt he'll play much in preseason.

Exactly!! what idiot is gonna go out and squat 600lbs anyway after back surgery???
Im sure Peyton Manning isn't doing his normal regime after having neck surgery, where ar the articles about that?????????????????????????

coldrolled
08-15-2011, 11:30 AM
would this be closer to reality about his workout...

doing say 365-pound squat for say 20 reps with one usually around 600-700 as a power squat.

he is saying he is holding off on the power squats.... and just doing the reps.

i really dont think he does 600-700 pound reps...

Rampage
08-15-2011, 01:18 PM
365 isn't insignificant. If he was down to a 5x5 with 180 I would be concerned. :lol: I would rather see him stay away from maxing out on the heavy side and let his back recuperate as long as possible.

andyg1984
08-16-2011, 10:57 AM
i will be surprised if he has a good year by his standards

coldrolled
08-16-2011, 12:41 PM
Maybe if he would not have to run around in a head lock with his back bent backwards.. he is constantly trying to break a "Not-Holding Head lock block" on almost every play he rushes the QB, that could be some of his ongoing back problems.