PDA

View Full Version : So, what's the good news?

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Steelers' Kemoeatu activated, practicing today. Jerricho Cotchery practiced today. Wallace thinks he has more to offer than a single trick for the team. Guessin Ben is sorta alright. Keenan Lewis stand in for Ike. What else? Have at it.

Here is ESPN take on it: http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/30621/walkers-weekend-mailbag-roster-battles

LatrobePA
08-14-2011, 06:12 PM
I think jerrico will make some big plays for this team...

Root4Stlrs
08-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Read that they want Flozell back but they want him to be third tackle. Would be good news for me if they could get him back. I'm out in la la land hoping that he's not signing because he doesn't want to go to training camp not because of money or roster spot.

connecticutsteel
08-14-2011, 07:14 PM
My guess is injury will cause the Steelers to seek a veteran o-lineman to sign by training camps end .Hopefully they have enough evidence to see that Chris Scott isn't the answer at guard

DanRooney
08-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Flozell at starting LT is still better than J. Scott

jpbucco
08-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Read that they want Flozell back but they want him to be third tackle. Would be good news for me if they could get him back. I'm out in la la land hoping that he's not signing because he doesn't want to go to training camp not because of money or roster spot.

That actually makes sense...I think they will sign either Flo or Max to be the "swing" tackle.

Root4Stlrs
08-14-2011, 07:32 PM
That actually makes sense...I think they will sign either Flo or Max to be the "swing" tackle.

I sure hope so. The info I read said they prefer to re-sign Flozell. Now that they are 3mil under the cap - that was before Cotchery and I don't know how much he counts against it - they may be able to pay Flozell what he wants. They really ought to pay somebody to protect their franchise quarterback.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Just for a little help for the pros and noobs, here is the current roster: http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/pittsburgh-steelers/roster. Change is coming. But, will it be the right change? If anything happens to Ben for starters??? You know what, everybody turns into a nervous nelly every year in the pre season. No worries, be happy. The Ravings are picked to win the North. Who writes this stuff?