PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing debut

Clevelandsux
08-13-2011, 07:29 AM
I know its only preseason. But I at least like to some positives. They looked sounded really lackluster last night. Especially on defense. I hope to see imnprovements next week vs philly on tv.

StlersGuy
08-13-2011, 07:38 AM
I pay as much attention to a preseason game as bungals fans to there team

Sent using the now network by way of the Htc Evo 4g

jpele
08-13-2011, 09:04 AM
It's really hard to judge anything during the pre-season but one positive from last nights game is Daniel Sepulveda he was really booming his kicks.

steelersbabex25
08-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Yeah, I think we probably had a total of like 5 starters in at the start of the second series on both sides of the ball. If all of our starters are miraculously injured during the regular season, then I'd say we're in trouble.

LatrobePA
08-13-2011, 09:22 AM
The good thing is, this game meant nothing at all. Get back to work!

Oline combo sucks, DB set up stanks.

Brown is gonna be a star, Heyward is a stud in the making.

Nolrog
08-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Not surprising. Keep in mind that the lock out prevented anyone from OTAs and I'm guessing most of those guys sat on their fat you know whats during the off season and didn't work out like they usualy do. Plus, they eliminated some practices (no more 2-a-days).

So it will take a little time to get everyone back into shape. I'm not worried. . . . yet.

Big T
08-13-2011, 10:41 AM
The starting offense was out there for one series and looked fine. The only reason they didn't score is because Ben overthrew a wide open Mike Wallace for an easy TD. Sure the Offensive line looked a little ****** but that's not unusual. The line was missing 2 starters anyway.

The starting D was obviously rusty but keep in mind that Jason Worilds, Ryan Mundy, and Willie Gay were starting, and Cromartie-Smith took over for Ryan Clark midway through the first drive.

Oh ya there's one more thing, it was the first preseason game. Anyone getting nervous needs to seriously chill out lol.

JensK
08-13-2011, 10:50 AM
If anything I actually think Mundy played pretty decent. He was constantly around the ball making tackles. I'm not saying he is the future there, only that he did a solid performance compared to the rest of the secondary.

Clevelandsux
08-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Well I look for positives in Preseason games. But, to say they mean nothing is not always true. Nobody was worried when we went 0-4 on '06. But carried over into regular season. I just hope we get a better showing next game.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-13-2011, 12:29 PM
Not surprising. Keep in mind that the lock out prevented anyone from OTAs and I'm guessing most of those guys sat on their fat you know whats during the off season and didn't work out like they usualy do. Plus, they eliminated some practices (no more 2-a-days).

So it will take a little time to get everyone back into shape. I'm not worried. . . . yet.

It was soooo obivious. lol Too many Big Macs.

jpele
08-13-2011, 12:45 PM
Well I look for positives in Preseason games. But, to say they mean nothing is not always true. Nobody was worried when we went 0-4 on '06. But carried over into regular season. I just hope we get a better showing next game.

In 2004 New England went 1-3 and won the super bowl.

Rampage
08-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm not going to put too much into this game. Admittedly, I haven't seen it yet, but from everything I have read and the "highlights" I have seen, it looks like Washington kept their starters in for the entire first half while the Steelers pulled everyone after the first or second series. Not a huge problem in my eyes.

Clevelandsux
08-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Well everyone keeps sayin its preseason. But how about preparing for it like it's a real game, before this carries over to the regular season.

RW76
08-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Check out NFL Scout Jayson Braddock's take on Antonio Brown and Jonathan Dwyer. (http://thexlog.com/201108141953/xtra-point-football/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers-vs-washington-redskins-nfl-preseason-week-1-cliff-notes/)

LatrobePA
08-14-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree Brown is and will be money!