PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown doing work!

steelersbabex25
08-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Wow, I was amazed by this kid tonight. Granted, they are the Redskins, but regardless he looked extremely sharp while he was in the game. Sharp routes, making the easy catches, making the hard catches, he was doing it all. If he's our 4th WR I think we're pretty set at that position.

LatrobePA
08-12-2011, 11:29 PM
He better get use to Byron because this line will kill Ben this season..

Brown = $$$$$$$$$$

DanRooney
08-12-2011, 11:35 PM
He better get use to Byron because this line will kill Ben this season..

Brown = $$$$$$$$$$

In that case, he better get use to Dennis "let's trade him for a 2nd round pick" Dixon because Byron isn't going to last half as long as Ben behind that line.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-12-2011, 11:39 PM
I was excited to see Brown getting some good work in tonight. He looked good, came up with some nice catches and was clearly the highlight of the offense along with Isaac Redman. It's obvious his hard work this offseason has paid off so far.

TampaSteelGirl
08-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I was really impressed with REdman tonight!! Love that guy! :tt02:

Real Deal Steel
08-13-2011, 02:02 AM
RED ALERT...RED ALERT...OFFENSIVE LINE NEEDS HELP! RED ALERT..RED ALERT!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-13-2011, 02:16 AM
Brown is going to continue to get significant work in the preseason. With Ward still easing back, and Sanders soon ready to come back they will continue to rely on AB and Wallace.

His main thing is stay healthy, so I hope Tomlin doesn't let him stay in these games all that long.

From BRC's Droid X of Awesomeness

Steel Trap86
08-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Be seated Sanders

LarryNJ
08-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I didn't see the game, but that is god to hear. The talent and competition at wr will just make all the young guys better.

Zachintosh66
08-13-2011, 08:54 AM
In that case, he better get use to Dennis "let's trade him for a 2nd round pick" Dixon because Byron isn't going to last half as long as Ben behind that line.

Wed be lucky to get a 5th...

Bucsfan4ever
08-13-2011, 09:43 AM
Just checked to see if my bid for Brown went thru on my Dynasty team...it did so now I have him along with Ward, Sanders and Redman!!

jpele
08-13-2011, 10:11 AM
I hope they keep giving Brown lots of reps he needs to be on the field in the regular season.

Before anyone panics about the O line, the regular season will be a little different than last night.

nuclearchihuahuas
08-13-2011, 07:27 PM
I hope they keep giving Brown lots of reps he needs to be on the field in the regular season.

Before anyone panics about the O line, the regular season will be a little different than last night.

I'm not panicking just yet. I expected the O-line to be as bad as they were...and I was very impressed with Brown and Redman. I just pray the Rooney's figure out a way to get some quality o-line help. No Ben = no playoffs. Lefty, Charlie, and Dennis can hold it all together for only so long.

Rampage
08-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I thought Brown looked pretty solid. I'll be very excited seeing the receiving corps this year. Wallace, Sanders and Brown are definitely the future.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-14-2011, 03:15 AM
A side benefit of Brown's solid performance in camp so far and in the preseason opener is that Manny Sanders will be motivated even more when he gets back on the field. He was already talking about having a 1000 yd. season, and now that his partner is getting a lot of reps I'm sure he's anxious to get out there and show what he's got.

This will make them both better, just like last year.

DanRooney
08-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Wed be lucky to get a 5th...

We'd be lucky to get a box of Velveeta macaroni and cheese.

andyg1984
08-14-2011, 11:12 AM
if i had to pick one .. two years from now I want AB on the team more than Sanders and obviously Ward.. he looked like more of a "pure" WR vs. last year which means he has another element of upside imo .. his suddenness in his cuts after the catch show you he has the potential to be a good route runner .. his willingness to go over the middle just makes it all that better ..

dont get me wrong, i like sanders too and did before we drafted him, but brown wins in style points lol

Steel Trap86
08-15-2011, 02:53 AM
Brown looks excellent right now. I saw the first quarter of the pre-season game on NFLN today. He is catching everything thrown at him. He needed to work on his route running this off-season and he looks twice as better now. Him and Wallace are going to be a wicked duo.

harpo
08-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I see Antonio Brown being the 3rd WR. The guy is fearless and confident (just like those Florida players :yellowthumb:). He will be starting next year when Ward retires.

I said it last year when I saw him play that he will be better than Sanders.

steelersbabex25
08-15-2011, 11:06 AM
I see Antonio Brown being the 3rd WR. The guy is fearless and confident (just like those Florida players :yellowthumb:). He will be starting next year when Ward retires.

I said it last year when I saw him play that he will be better than Sanders.

I don't think so. I think he stays the 4th WR with Sanders the 3rd. Brown is good, but Sanders is just a small step above him IMO.

K Train
08-15-2011, 11:10 AM
hes the truth

harpo
08-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't think so. I think he stays the 4th WR with Sanders the 3rd. Brown is good, but Sanders is just a small step above him IMO.

I guess all we can do is wait and see, right? :tt02:

K Train
08-15-2011, 12:00 PM
since day one sanders hasnt been a step above brown, if anything theyve been neck and neck until now...the only think sanders has over brown is he was drafted 3 rounds sooner

connecticutsteel
08-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Draft position doesn't mean jack if you got it you got it and AB is a bonafide star in the making

harpo
08-15-2011, 12:45 PM
since day one sanders hasnt been a step above brown, if anything theyve been neck and neck until now...the only think sanders has over brown is he was drafted 3 rounds sooner

I agree...but I didn't want to start a 'who's better than who' debate. :greengrin:

Draft position doesn't mean jack if you got it you got it and AB is a bonafide star in the making

Precisely :greengrin:

steelersbabex25
08-15-2011, 02:16 PM

It's just my opinion. I think they'll both be stars but as of right now Sanders stands out more to me than Brown does.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't know there is talk on who is better....I really don't care as long as both Sanders and Brown help this team win games....They both bring different things to the table and I think both will be damn good WR's.....I just hope Sanders foot heals and he is 100 percent ready to go this season......This offense needs both of these young WR's......

Steel Trap86
08-15-2011, 04:31 PM

This...

It just looks like he has a step up on him because he was initially given more opportunity, since he was a higher pick. Both solid picks, but a steal in the 6th.

harpo
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
All I know is that Antonio Brown helped put two teams away in last year's playoffs. He made that incredible 58-yd catch that sent the Ravens home. Also, he made that 14-yd (3rd & 6) catch against the Jets that sealed the game.

Big time players make big time plays. Antonio Brown has done that thus far in his short career. Right now, there's no question in my mind that Brown is the better of the two, eventhough I like Sanders a lot.

K Train
08-15-2011, 04:37 PM
i love both of their energy, they both get fired up and go full speed on every play...something about browns fearlessness just makes him special though, sanders beats him in a foot race maybe but brown is feisty and it really shows when hes on the field, the dude lays it all out on every play

Steel Trap86
08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't know that the #2 spot has been given to either of them yet, I think they are in a battle for it right now, with AB being the only participant since Sanders is hurt.

steelersbabex25
08-15-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't know that the #2 spot has been given to either of them yet, I think they are in a battle for it right now, with AB being the only participant since Sanders is hurt.

#3 spot you mean?

K Train
08-15-2011, 11:27 PM
maybe #3 on paper but it wont be in production

K Train
08-19-2011, 01:40 AM
brown just oozes confidence, hes going to be a good one you can already tell

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2011, 01:43 AM
I loved the pick when it happened and I still a huge fan of Brown...I just like Sanders as well and think he will be just as good or better....But you're right Brown always had swagger about him.....You need that in the NFL and I think he is primed for a big year.......Its a good problem to have with both Brown and Sanders....I just hope Sanders foot doesn't bug him all season....

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 02:50 AM
I loved the pick when it happened and I still a huge fan of Brown...I just like Sanders as well and think he will be just as good or better....But you're right Brown always had swagger about him.....You need that in the NFL and I think he is primed for a big year.......Its a good problem to have with both Brown and Sanders....I just hope Sanders foot doesn't bug him all season....

For sure on that foot man! That's why we got Cotchery and I think he could keep Sanders' spot warm for him if he had to but I hope we don't have to find out. As for who's better Brown or Sanders: I think it's a marathon and right now Brown just happens to be :30 seconds ahead, but I'm thinking they are both gonna be pretty good receivers and hopefully it won't matter who ultimately turns out to be better meaning, I hope they are both Steelers for a while.

coldrolled
08-19-2011, 08:19 AM
all the receivers would look super if ben could stand in the pocket that extra 2 seconds.

when he did last night they all looked great. we were great.. next year trade all our picks for a top ten LT

cmerrifield
08-19-2011, 08:25 AM
I know this is a touchy subject for a lot of you, but if it makes you feel better. We traded Holmes for a 5th, traded that 5th for McFadden and a 6th, and then Brown is that 6th. So, really we got McFadden and Brown for Holmes. I hope that eases some of your pain.

harpo
08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
Who's the #3 WR? :)

BlitzburghRockCity
08-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Brown is so the real deal this year, his training camp has been outstanding and he's been money both games so far in preseason. The sky is the limit for him, easily see a 1000 yd. season outta him if he gets the playing time.

LatrobePA
08-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Who's the #3 WR? :)

Who's the #1?? lol

If I was a defense preparing for this team I can honestly say I'd be scared!!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2011, 12:49 PM
I can't see Brown getting enough balls to go over 1000 yards especially if Ward remains a starter which he will......But I can see Brown in the 600-700 yard range with 5-7 TD's.......

harpo
08-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Who's the #1?? lol

Good question as well......lol

Assuming that Wallace and Ward will be the starters, there's no way that Brown is not the #3 man in the rotation. If I was the coach, i'd be starting him....lol.

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 01:02 PM
Who's the #1?? lol

I seriously don't think it matters!! Wallace, Ward, Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery. Basically that is the order as I see it but I REALLY think you could throw in any combination of those guys any time during the game and we are fine. I think if they are just rotated in and out constantly and everyone stays fresh through the whole game other defenses are going to be worn out and won't be able to keep up. On top of all that they still have to contend with Heath! Our O-line has got to pull it together, if they give Ben adequate time it will be real tough to stop that group!

harpo
08-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I think it's safe to assume that my 'man love' for Brown is like ktrain's 'man love' for Pouncey....lol.

Rampage
08-19-2011, 01:19 PM
I didn't like his drop at the beginning of the game, but that was a very meh play to begin with. Loved the TD, plus it looked like he was open the entire time he was on the field.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2011, 01:20 PM
Brown was open when Ben threw that 3rd down pass to Battle that resulted in a first down but he could have hit Brown for a 50+ yard TD......

steelersbabex25
08-19-2011, 02:20 PM
If Brown gets #3 over Sanders, I think it'll be solely because of his injury and the Steelers not wanting him to play as much until he's fully recovered.

K Train
08-19-2011, 02:27 PM
maybe just MAYBE brown is the better player regardless of injury

STEELyourface
08-19-2011, 02:34 PM
I think Brown is better for now too. I don't think it is a closed book but for now Sanders is hurt and Brown is better. It may be because of the injury it may not be, either way they are both going to be good and I hope this is a debate we as fans get to have for many years. Personally, I don't care which is better as long as they both stay Steelers. I think a person could make a legitimate case for either one being better and to me that says it is close and they both have something to add to the offense.

steelersbabex25
08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
maybe just MAYBE brown is the better player regardless of injury

:lol: Let's just agree to disagree about this.

K Train
08-19-2011, 03:17 PM
lol never

Black@Gold Forever32
08-19-2011, 03:46 PM
I love the my dad can beat up your dad talk in this thread....just kidding....I really don't care who is better but will enjoy both of them making plays for this team this year......Both Sanders and Brown are young and talented.....Brown has more of swagger to him and I think some of that is that he feels deep down that the other teams missed the boat with him and he should have been drafted higher then the 6th round.....

Steel Trap86
08-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Route running is lookin more and more threatening, huge improvement from last season. He beat Asante Samuel clean for that TD. I know it's only preseason, but it's hard not to get fired up!

Farrior Fan
08-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Asante got abused on that play, thought Brown was going to run a slant and then looks back to find Brown 10 yards away. Expect to see Brown get the ball thrown his way a LOT this year because he will be covered by the opponents weaker cover guys. It is going to be mismatch city all year because in 3 or 4 WR sets you simply cannot cover all of our speedsters, just ask Andy Reid. Give Ben 3 seconds and we are going to make a big play.

STEELyourface
08-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Asante got abused on that play, thought Brown was going to run a slant and then looks back to find Brown 10 yards away. Expect to see Brown get the ball thrown his way a LOT this year because he will be covered by the opponents weaker cover guys. It is going to be mismatch city all year because in 3 or 4 WR sets you simply cannot cover all of our speedsters, just ask Andy Reid. Give Ben 3 seconds and we are going to make a big play.

I think you bring up a GREAT point! I was so busy thinking about how nicely the young guys are coming along and how deep our receiving corp is going to be, I didn't even stop to think about the obvious, YOU SAID IT- MISMATCH CITY!! We will be giving other teams' secondary fits, they are gonna have nightmares leading into the week they play the Steelers. Of course, it all comes back to how well the OL can do their job.

Farrior Fan
08-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Face - the problems just compound for the opponents when we put 3 burners on the field and then add Hines for the 10-15 yard passes. You cannot cover them all. I think Ben might throw more deep balls than any other QB this year, he is ALWAYS going to have someone open.

AND you cannot blitz every down when you know that 1 or 2 guys are going to be wide open because Ben is going to burn you bad if you try. I love when we kill 5 birds with one stone! I honestly didn't understand why we picked Brown since we had already gotten Sanders in the 3rd. Of course I don't watch much college fb and had no idea the kid was awesome. Props to Colbert and the coaches for what looks like a homerun pick. If Sanders can stay healthy we have 3 receivers with 4.5 speed or better. And they can all make tough catches in big games. I'm ready for the damn Ravens game, I want to win by 50.

Real Deal Steel
08-20-2011, 11:33 AM
And with no safties in the box, makes running for Mendy that much easier. It's called the perfect offense.

Farrior Fan
08-20-2011, 01:22 PM
I think you bring up a GREAT point! I was so busy thinking about how nicely the young guys are coming along and how deep our receiving corp is going to be, I didn't even stop to think about the obvious, YOU SAID IT- MISMATCH CITY!! We will be giving other teams' secondary fits, they are gonna have nightmares leading into the week they play the Steelers. Of course, it all comes back to how well the OL can do their job.

The only thing you are wrong about is that teams will have the nightmares after our game, they will have anxiety attacks before the game.

Rampage
08-20-2011, 01:24 PM
And with no safties in the box, makes running for Mendy that much easier. It's called the perfect offense.

It's a shame, because with Arians as OC, it's like having a woman behind the wheel of a Lambo.

Farrior Fan
08-20-2011, 01:29 PM

If our Oline gives Ben 3 seconds then yes it will be the best O in the league this year.

steelersbabex25
08-20-2011, 02:41 PM
If our Oline gives Ben 3 seconds then yes it will be the best O in the league this year.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have weapons, but Sanders and Brown are far from seasoned vets. They'll still need some work.

harpo
08-20-2011, 04:55 PM
Let's not get ahead of ourselves. We have weapons, but Sanders and Brown are far from seasoned vets. They'll still need some work.

What??!! Are you kidding me????

Antonio Brown is the greatest WR ever!!!!!!!!!

Yes, i'm proclaiming my "man-love" for him.....:lol::tt02:

STEELyourface
08-20-2011, 05:07 PM

You are right they do still need some work but they are both ahead of the curve I'd say and with the pickup of Cotchery we now have 2 reliable vets that will help with that work. As everyone has said in many posts on many threads it ALL hinges on the OL. They don't even have to be great just decent and our O should hum like a well oiled machine this year.

I didn't want to go to an 18 game season (I just think now isn't the time- if it ain't broke don't fix it) but I sure would've liked them to chop it down to 2 preseason games cause I'm so ready to watch that Week 1 matchup!! I bought DirecTV just because I'm so tired of having to go to bars and watch, despite the fact that I have found a legit Steelers bar here. I'm so freakin' pumped for this year, I really think we are gonna break that trend of Super Bowl losers having a bad next season!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-20-2011, 10:57 PM
Brown especially is playing really well right now. I'm anxious to see what Sanders can do too, he showed great potential last year. He didn't get the chance to work out this offseason like Sanders did since he was recovering from his foot surgery. I do remember him saying though that he was staying in shape and working hard to be ready.

From BRC's DroidX of Awesomeness