PDA

View Full Version : College or NFL coach?

BlitzburghRockCity
01-12-2007, 11:59 PM
We've talked alittle about the differences in various threads but not really in depth so much. If you had your choice would you rather have a college coach come up and be our new HC or would you rather it be someone already established in the NFL ?

Blitzburgh55
01-13-2007, 12:01 AM
NFL by far College is way hader to coach though

BlacknGold Bleeder
01-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Doesn't matter just get someone who knows how to do it and wants to be here a long time !!!

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 12:05 AM
I think they both have merit and potential but when a college coach comes to the NFL the adjustment period is generally longer and the failure rate is higher IMO.

Personally I'd rather have an NFL guy, not necessarily with HC experience but atleast NFL experience.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 12:06 AM
nfl of course......to many flops from the college ranks......i just want them to ****ing hurry, i start school tuesday i don't want to be worrying about this during school lol

AZ_Steeler
01-13-2007, 12:12 AM
I prefer an NFL coach but I cheked it doesn't matter because I want the search to be over now!

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 12:14 AM
I want an NFL guy. I think the flops of Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban in the NFL speak for themselves. Both Spurrier and Saban are great college coaches but didn't have what it takes to coach in the NFL.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 12:16 AM
I want an NFL guy. I think the flops of Steve Spurrier and Nick Saban in the NFL speak for themselves. Both Spurrier and Saban are great college coaches but didn't have what it takes to coach in the NFL.

but saban didn't flop, he inherited a ****** team and got them an 8-8 record, and this year he had no qb to work with and it messed up everything for them........

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 12:22 AM
but saban didn't flop, he inherited a ****** team and got them an 8-8 record, and this year he had no qb to work with and it messed up everything for them........

Actually the Dolphins were 9-7 last year. But this year before the season started we all heard how the Dolphins were a suprise team for the Super Bowl in the AFC. I didn't listen to that crap.

Plus Saban was supposed to be the next Bill Belichick. With how the Dolphins sucked *** this year and how Saban tucked his tail and ran back to the college ranks since he knew he didn't have what it takes to coach in the NFL is why I say he flopped.

Steelx
01-13-2007, 12:22 AM
And Spurrier flopped because well the run and shoot works about as well as the option in the NFL he is a moron. I really do not care as long as it works out

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Hey Koop Saban also was the one that traded for Daunte Culpepper. He missed big with thinking Daunte was healthy enough to be his starting QB this year.

As for signing Joey Harrington as an insurance play for Pepp. Well thats speaks for itself. Joey Harrington has done nothing but suck since he has been in the NFL.

The Dolphins/Saban had a chance to sing Drew Brees but they didn't. Like I said I just don't think Saban is an NFL coach. He is back were he belongs in the college ranks.

DIESELMAN
01-13-2007, 12:28 AM
Definitely a younger talented NFL coach coming up. No NFL coach who has been around too long.

Koopa
01-13-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey Koop Saban also was the one that traded for Daunte Culpepper. He missed big with thinking Daunte was healthy enough to be his starting QB this year.

As for signing Joey Harrington as an insurance play for Pepp. Well thats speaks for itself. Joey Harrington has done nothing but suck since he has been in the NFL.

The Dolphins/Saban had a chance to sing Drew Brees but they didn't. Like I said I just don't think Saban is an NFL coach. He is back were he belongs in the college ranks.

that's because they rushed him back, the jury is still out on culpepper........even though i think he's always been overrated and is a product of randy moss

Black@Gold Forever32
01-13-2007, 12:52 AM
that's because they rushed him back, the jury is still out on culpepper........even though i think he's always been overrated and is a product of randy moss

Koop I didn't say Culpepper sucked I said Saban missed big in thinking Culpepper was healthy enough to be the starting QB for the Dolphins. Its funny the Dolphins/Saban had issues with Drew Brees and his shoulder. But thought Culpepper was just fine after tearing three ligaments in his knee.

I just think Nick Saban was over-rated in the NFL and is back were he belongs in the college ranks. He is a great college coach and he should keep his *** there.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 07:36 AM
Pete Carroll needs to stay in the NCAA too..he was a flop in his first go 'round in the league and if he comes back he'll flop again. Gimme an up and coming NFL guy like Diesel mentioned.

Stairwayto7
01-13-2007, 08:48 AM
In my book its not even close, NFL, No college coach. It usually doesnt work.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I just don't get these teams that go and get this great college coach and bring him to the NFL to save their franchise ! It takes a long time and the right type of person to be an NFL head coach and most NFL teams dont want to wait that long to get through the growing process.

AZ_Steeler
01-13-2007, 01:09 PM
When I think of college coaches who try the NFL I can't think of any that have succeeded right off the top of my head... Saban has probably been the closest in most recent years but he went running back to the NCAA :dunno: College coaches just can't cut it in the NFL IMO

Stairwayto7
01-13-2007, 06:51 PM
Jimmy Johnson won , but hell he was handed a million draft picks after the Herschel Walker trade.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Barry Switzer took over for Jimmy Johnson won the first year he was there..bastard beat us in SB XXX , but only because he got the team that Jimmy built, after that he sucked.

Stairwayto7
01-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Barry Switzer took over for Jimmy Johnson won the first year he was there..bastard beat us in SB XXX , but only because he got the team that Jimmy built, after that he sucked.

Very true! He was a waste wasnt he? I think Jery Jones actually ran that team!

Steelerlyn
01-14-2007, 01:25 AM
College

SteelersWoman
01-14-2007, 11:22 AM
It's my opinion that college and NFL coaching are two different animals. Same type of game, but what goes into one doesn't seem to translate real well to the other from everything I've seen and read.