PDA

View Full Version : Why is the front office so damn stubborn?

MDSteel15
08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6853384/kansas-city-chiefs-add-third-ex-baltimore-ravens-player-sign-jared-gaither

LatrobePA
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Maybe they know something we don't???

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2011, 04:53 PM
If the Tomlin and Colbert thought that Gaither would be a beneficial addition to the team, they would have brought him in for a visit. The fact that they didn't tells you that a red flag went up somewhere in their evaluation of him. He's had some injury problems recently as well. He's been avavilable since the lockout ended and hasn't been signed, there's a reason for that.

These front offices have access to insider player information that we never will. If they don't bring in a player, they feel it's not worth the time and money to fly him based on what they already know.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Im trying my best to learn and respect what choices the front office makes.....EXCEPT AT THE CB POSITION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banging:

K Train
08-11-2011, 05:23 PM
i despise the steelers front office most of the time, im not on the zomg i trust he rooneys they got 6 ringzzzz fan club.

they make questionable roster moves, draft picks, ect...its not that they cant do no wrong because they do quite often.

that being said gaither certainly has the ability to be one of the best tackles ever but he doesnt play like it. hes got max starks softy syndrome and is a terribly lazy practicer with a bad back....cant say i would have busted the bank open for him either, even though i would have been pro signing him because he is actually a good player most of the time, he could just be so much better

MDSteel15
08-11-2011, 05:41 PM
But even after haveing all last year off why not take a look at him???

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2011, 06:15 PM
Being so close to the cap I'm sure figured into the mix too.

The Steelers have made questionable roster moves over the years. Usually in free agency though, they bring in the best players they can afford that fit the Steelers way of how a team is built.

Mahan was a joke though, ugh.

From BRC's Droid X of Awesomeness

airbrake 1
08-11-2011, 06:28 PM
let us just thank our lucky stars the steelers front office doesn't make decisions like the redskins or raiders front offices...i'm suprised there weren't calls from fans for the steelers to sign albert haynesworth the last few years...because we all know these high profile big money free agents always pay off...yeah i'll defer to the steelers front office everytime, they have information that i and YOU are not privy to

MDSteel15
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
let us just thank our lucky stars the steelers front office doesn't make decisions like the redskins or raiders front offices...i'm suprised there weren't calls from fans for the steelers to sign albert haynesworth the last few years...because we all know these high profile big money free agents always pay off...yeah i'll defer to the steelers front office everytime, they have information that i and YOU are not privy to

Dude, he's not high profile! :nono: He was a back up waiting for his turn to play and the Ravens drafted Oher! If his back is heeled he is a stud....

jpele
08-15-2011, 04:15 PM
I get a kick out of people thinking they know better than the Steelers FO .

One question, " How's your team coming along"?

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K Train
08-15-2011, 04:35 PM
wow what a homer rah rah go steelers thing to say.

guess we shouldnt even have a message board right?

BlitzburghRockCity
08-15-2011, 06:06 PM
Gaither was not the end all be all, if he was the Steelers would have gone after him. They didn't even bring him in for a visit if I remember right. Either his back is still an issue, he was going to want too much money, or they just felt he wasn't a good fit for the team.

The front office has brought in some questionable players over the years, talent wise, but they never even mentioned Gaither as a possibility that I saw so that tells you something. In fact he didn't get much attention in free agency, not as much as he probably would have hoped.

jpele
08-15-2011, 06:33 PM
wow what a homer rah rah go steelers thing to say.

guess we shouldnt even have a message board right?

How so ?

I just happen to think the FO does a very good job, after all we're not the Bengals or Oakland or several other teams.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rampage
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
The FO will make some solid acquisitions, but they are rare. Hartings, Farrior and Clark are bigger names in recent history. Once some vets start to leave, I could see the team doing their once a decade meaningful acquisition. :lol:

steeldoc
08-15-2011, 09:52 PM
He's a big fat stiff with a very bad back...who is also lazy. No loss trust me.:yellowthumb: