PDA

View Full Version : Any new info on Limas Sweed

Dallas Burgher
08-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Not being in Pittsburgh I haven't been able to find out how he is doing. I heard he had some drops but it working hard. Anything new in the last several day? Thanks for the help.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2011, 12:12 PM
I thought he had a few hamstring issues?? I haven't heard anything else other than he's been injury plagued.

Blazedby92
08-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Who??
Never heard of him.

JensK
08-11-2011, 12:34 PM
From what I'm hearing, aside from the injuries he have been looking pretty good in camp both in terms of catching, routerunning and blocking. We'll see tomorrow though.

SteelDad
08-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Limas update:

-Dinged shoulder
-Bad Hamstring
-Still believes "he's the man."
-Still can't catch.

That is all

SteelDad
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
From what I'm hearing, aside from the injuries he have been looking pretty good in camp both in terms of catching, routerunning and blocking. We'll see tomorrow though.

You're right on Jens. If ever there were a 'must-game' in the pres-season, it's this one for Sweed.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Who??
Never heard of him.

You bad baby!! :rofl:

--- Added 8/11/2011 at 11:55 AM ---

Was I reading somewhere that Sweed was having a hard time following the playbook? Im not sure if it was him or not.

Rampage
08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
You bad baby!! :rofl:

--- Added 8/11/2011 at 11:55 AM ---

Was I reading somewhere that Sweed was having a hard time following the playbook? Im not sure if it was him or not.

They are using hand puppets to teach him the playbook right now.

LatrobePA
08-11-2011, 01:08 PM

i.e. Bruce Arians!

BlitzburghRockCity
08-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Limas update:

-Dinged shoulder
-Bad Hamstring
-Still believes "he's the man."
-Still can't catch.

That is all

That's about the long and short of it. "The man" is going to be the "The used to be thinking he's the man, man" here pretty soon.

Rampage
08-11-2011, 01:14 PM
i.e. Bruce Arians!

Bruce Arians gets confused by the hand puppets if there is more than one at a time. Unless they are dressed like wide receivers.

LatrobePA
08-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Bruce Arians gets confused by the hand puppets if there is more than one at a time. Unless they are dressed like wide receivers.

lol, or Ben's penis!

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2011, 01:20 PM

Should make for a intersting learn as you go kinda playbook then.. :yesnod:

Rampage
08-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Should make for a intersting learn as you go kinda playbook then.. :yesnod:

Definitely. It's accompanied by a pop up playbook, as well. Hours of entertainment.

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Definitely. It's accompanied by a pop up playbook, as well. Hours of entertainment.

Don't forget some shiny things and scratch and sniff too...:grin1:

LatrobePA
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Don't forget some shiny things and scratch and sniff too...:grin1:

I already covered that, post above...

TampaSteelGirl
08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I already covered that, post above...

Eh....not so sure it's shiny Trobe :rofl:

Blazedby92
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Heard he was catching LMAO, You better unsubscribe or quit watching that program. For them to even talk about him catching better it is BAD plus he's been hurt too much to even practice anyways.

Rampage, heard the hand puppets wasn't working they kept slipping off his hands!

Zachintosh66
08-11-2011, 08:25 PM
guess he was seen packing his bags after Jericho showed up... :lol:

Rampage
08-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Heard he was catching LMAO, You better unsubscribe or quit watching that program. For them to even talk about him catching better it is BAD plus he's been hurt too much to even practice anyways.

Rampage, heard the hand puppets wasn't working they kept slipping off his hands!

:lol::lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-12-2011, 06:10 PM
According to the word out of camp, Sweeds shoulder injury is legit. He's not dogging it our just giving up. However, regardless of that he's still missing time and with Grisham and Cotchery in the mix, you can just see the career light for Sweed in Pittsburgh getting alittle more dim each day.

steeldoc
08-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Still cant catch, stay healthy, or off psych meds. He's otherwise just like Jerry Rice.:lol:

DanRooney
08-13-2011, 01:01 AM
Based on tonight, Limas doesn't have much competition winning the 6th WR spot. I think Grisham doing nothing except complaining about non-PI calls and Battle/Lyons pulling "Sweed's" helped his chances at making the roster.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-13-2011, 01:59 AM
Based on tonight, Limas doesn't have much competition winning the 6th WR spot. I think Grisham doing nothing except complaining about non-PI calls and Battle/Lyons pulling "Sweed's" helped his chances at making the roster.

There's also Cotchery.

Right now, I think it looks like this:

1. Hines Ward
2. Mike Wallace
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. Antonio Brown
5. Jerricho Cotchery

6. Battle

Quick explanations:

- Hines is #1 based on respect, not actual receiver ability. At this point in his career, Wallace is head and shoulders above him when it comes to the better receiver, but he's still an icon for Pittsburgh and is still more than useful.

- Based on how Brown played today (and reports coming from camp), him and Sanders could very well be interchangeable for #3 and #4.

- Cotchery is going to be a sight for sore eyes after today's game. While he's by no means an elite receiver, he's better than some people give him credit for. The sole reason he's at #5 is because the team doesn't want to stunt the growth of our "Young Money" group (17, 88, and 84) and again, Hines' tenure-earned respect.

- I don't know if we'll have 6 WRs on the roster, but if we do, I still think Battle is the leading candidate right now. While ST plays are definitely decreasing with the new kickoff rules, Battle is still the most battle-tested (see what I did there :P) receiver out of the remaining ones (Grisham, Sweed, Lyons, Greenwood, etc.). I'd love for Sweed to show up in the remaining games, but unfortunately injuries are still hampering him.

DanRooney
08-13-2011, 02:47 AM
There's also Cotchery.

Right now, I think it looks like this:

1. Hines Ward
2. Mike Wallace
3. Emmanuel Sanders
4. Antonio Brown
5. Jerricho Cotchery

6. Battle

Quick explanations:

- Hines is #1 based on respect, not actual receiver ability. At this point in his career, Wallace is head and shoulders above him when it comes to the better receiver, but he's still an icon for Pittsburgh and is still more than useful.

- Based on how Brown played today (and reports coming from camp), him and Sanders could very well be interchangeable for #3 and #4.

- Cotchery is going to be a sight for sore eyes after today's game. While he's by no means an elite receiver, he's better than some people give him credit for. The sole reason he's at #5 is because the team doesn't want to stunt the growth of our "Young Money" group (17, 88, and 84) and again, Hines' tenure-earned respect.

- I don't know if we'll have 6 WRs on the roster, but if we do, I still think Battle is the leading candidate right now. While ST plays are definitely decreasing with the new kickoff rules, Battle is still the most battle-tested (see what I did there :P) receiver out of the remaining ones (Grisham, Sweed, Lyons, Greenwood, etc.). I'd love for Sweed to show up in the remaining games, but unfortunately injuries are still hampering him.

Battle dropped 3-4 balls tonight. With the salary he's making and, like you explained, the lack of need for special teams aces with the new rules, I think he's the odd man out.

Root4Stlrs
08-13-2011, 03:31 AM

I was thinking the exact same thing watching that game. Out of the receivers who actually played, Antonio Brown looked great. The others out there couldn't catch a cold. They were pathetic. I know it's only pre-season but the last quarter looked like a re-run of some old movie where everyone's running around like a chicken with their head cut off. It was embarrassing even for pre-season.

Clevelandsux
08-13-2011, 07:30 AM
Bye bye limas. I'm surprised the Steelers have even givin' him the chance to be in camp this year.

Steelers086
08-13-2011, 07:52 AM

Still more then useful like run blocking down the field, occasionally drawing the double coverage, and my personal favorite, always willing to crack a DB. =

Katmandu
08-13-2011, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=steeldoc;431556]Still cant catch, stay off psych meds. /QUOTE]You know, I just need to say this about that comment. That's really a lame low blow.

More than 1/2 the people in the US (and this forum) are on some type of Anti-depressant or needs to be.

Just look at the number of Professional athletes that use Illegal drugs.

At least Limas, was man enough to admit he had a problem, take Ownership and Responsibility for it and is continuing with his self care. For that, I RESPECT the hell out of Limas Sweed! :cope:

As for the injury aspect, that is just **** assed luck (like most all injuries).

LatrobePA
08-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Limas isn't a pro football player right now, just not tough enough!

Rampage
08-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Limas isn't a pro football player right now, just not tough enough!

He needs to listen to this classic (possibly the greatest song ever) while he works out:

aIhlOjmwHXU