PDA

View Full Version : cornerback concerns

pimplydan
08-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Well a new season is about to start. the steelers look good at all positions to me except defensive backfield.
yes they drafted 2 defensive backs but we all know that they will not see any action before at least halfway threw the season.
I am excited about the season and our chances to go all the way , but I would feal much better if we had another cornerback with some NFL experience .
I think our weekness is fragrant , which gets me uncomfortable .

Your taughts ...........................................

MikeAFC
08-10-2011, 03:27 AM
Wish they woulda did somthing. I think our run D is overated cuz people choose to throw so much on us at a high percentage! Why run the ball? Just like a few years back when Gannon embarrased us completeing like 25 passes in a row

Zachintosh66
08-10-2011, 08:29 AM
the steelers look good at all positions to me except defensive backfield.
and OL...

as far as the DB's :deadhorse:

LatrobePA
08-10-2011, 08:32 AM
Lewis took first team reps yesterday and was impressive, the team is still hoping he'll be a player..

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Well at this point anyone including myself would be an improvement over Willie Gay's SB appearance!!!! :thud:

LatrobePA
08-10-2011, 01:35 PM
Let's not forget Troys **** poor showing...

I will say this, a healthy Troy makes a Willie Gay look better!

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Let's not forget Troys **** poor showing...

I will say this, a healthy Troy makes a Willie Gay look better!

Wait...Willie Gay didn't have an injury..just sayin.

LatrobePA
08-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Wait...Willie Gay didn't have an injury..just sayin.

He's his own injury...lol

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2011, 01:58 PM
He's his own injury...lol

Yea...a lobotomy!!! :reddevil:

connecticutsteel
08-10-2011, 02:21 PM
@ pimplydan What does a fragrant weakness smell like lol i'm just kidding . the facts are that our secondary isn't the worst in the league. In fact it's not even close everyone had a nice long rest so things will be different this year. The stiffer competition in camp this year will raise the level of play on the field

--- Added 8/10/2011 at 01:21 PM ---

Wish they woulda did somthing. I think our run D is overated cuz people choose to throw so much on us at a high percentage! Why run the ball? Just like a few years back when Gannon embarrased us completeing like 25 passes in a row
it's not overrated the league is set up for offense and the corners have little to do with the short passing game