PDA

View Full Version : Keyaron Fox signs with Redskins, why?

jpbucco
08-07-2011, 08:21 AM
..Keyron Fox was allowed to leave and sign with Washington and Larry Foote is still on the team?

Fox was a better special teams player and seemed to me to make bigger plays than Foote while on the field.

Also he was cheaper...thoughts?

cmerrifield
08-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Foote knows both ILB positions and could take over for either Timmons or Farrior. Fox was a good special teams player, but Foote is a better LB and with having Sylvester waiting in the wings, we didnt need him. We have enough special team aces and frankly too many guys are keeping roster spots to only be special teamers, Allen, Battle, Madison etc

sent from my Evo using tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
08-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Fox was a good special teamer yes. However, you just can't keep everyone with how close the Steelers are to the cap. Several times last year he had stupid personal fouls that put the Steelers a bad position. It wasn't incidental contact or questionable hits either. He was blatantly going after guys out bounds or after the play was over.

You only have so much room for so many "special team aces" as cmerrifield said too.

roosterray
08-07-2011, 11:41 AM
FSeveral times last year he had stupid personal fouls that put the Steelers a bad position. It wasn't incidental contact or questionable hits either. He was blatantly going after guys out bounds or after the play was over.

Agreed.

Fox had too many stupid flags at the worst time. He was only OK at Special teams. If he was lights out he'd be playing on Defense. We have new up and coming linebackers that can do the same thing

Rampage
08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
I had high hopes for him (remember the game against the Vikings the year before last?), but at the end of last season, he looked like a smoldering turd with his inopportune flags on coverage and return duties. He probably also saw the emergence of Stevenson Sylvester and realized he would not likely get the starting job after Farrior leaves.

Zachintosh66
08-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Fox is/was terrible... just bc he got a lucky INT and took it to the house once doesnt make him good. Foote is just insurance...

BlitzburghRockCity
08-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Honestly I'm surprised he made it this long, I would venture a guess he wouldn't have made the final cut for the Steelers regardless. It doesn't matter how good you are or think you are, when you act like an *** on the field, repeatedly, and let your temper get the best of you, you don't last on the Steelers.

Clevelandsux
08-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Fox had too many penalties. Glad he's gone.

Thisoneguy555
08-07-2011, 03:15 PM
I like Fox better than Foote. But there's a good chance he wanted to start and not want to play more years as back up to Farrior and Timmons. From what I know, Redskins defense is terrible, and he'd have a better chance at starting there then he would here.

jpbucco
08-07-2011, 08:18 PM
I like Fox better than Foote. But there's a good chance he wanted to start and not want to play more years as back up to Farrior and Timmons. From what I know, Redskins defense is terrible, and he'd have a better chance at starting there then he would here.

Ding ding.

Real Deal Steel
08-07-2011, 10:32 PM
..Keyron Fox was allowed to leave and sign with Washington and Larry Foote is still on the team?

Fox was a better special teams player and seemed to me to make bigger plays than Foote while on the field.

Also he was cheaper...thoughts?

He went the Redskins because he can get paid and not really have to do anything. Like all the players do who go to Washington.

No secret.

coldrolled
08-07-2011, 11:30 PM
there was a lot of 55 in the ST highlights last year.

fox made the right move, get out before getting the axe.

Troyisabeast_43
08-08-2011, 08:28 AM
I was done with Fox completely when he committed that 15 yard personal foul penalty before the last drive of the Super Bowl. I wanted him gone then and I am glad the Steelers let him go good riddance...

MDSteel15
08-08-2011, 09:06 AM
If you can't keep your head straight here go where you can act like an idiot full time, Washington, DC!!! :bunny: