PDA

View Full Version : CBA officially ratified... NO MORE LABOR TALK FOR 10 YEARS

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2011, 05:25 PM
NFL players completed their ratification of the new collective bargaining agreement Thursday, signaling the official end of the labor dispute and the start of the 2011 league year.

The NFL and NFL Players Association had been in round-the-clock negotiations since Saturday as they hammered out the remaining pieces of the CBA. The parties debated the topics of drug testing, benefits and the player-conduct policy disciplinary process late into the night Wednesday before picking it up Thursday.

With the CBA approved, players who signed new contracts will be allowed to practice for the first time this offseason. Several teams had moved their practice times until after the 4 p.m. ET deadline so newly signed players could participate.
All I can say is, it's about damn time!

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8213be99/article/its-official-players-ratify-new-labor-deal-with-league?module=HP11_headline_stack)

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Just a little retrospect from my point of view here. I am so sick and tired of talking NFL politics and labor issues it's just not even funny. Steeldad can attest to that, we've been beating that horse for months on the Radio show (http://www.steeleraddicts.com/blitzburghradio.shtml). Finally for the couple weeks and now officially going forward we can talk football, real football! No more BS about the players not getting their fair share! No more pointless talk about how the owners need theirs too. It's over, football is back and I couldn't be happier!

I credit all of you here on SA during the offseason lockout. You guys kept your spirits up, kept the Steelers talk going, and helped make sure that SA continued to do it's part to serve the Steeler Nation.

LatrobePA
08-04-2011, 05:50 PM
You should of seen what I was doing behind the scenes. I beat the kids, dogs, cats, hamsters, fish, grandmother, etc etc.......lol

A Pac
08-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Watch then it comes to an 18 game season there is a stalemate and the players go On strike.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2011, 08:13 PM
The 18 game season, as far as I understand it at the moment without doing more research, has to be agreed upon by both sides before it will take affect. So it doesn't appear that it be an issue for awhile yet but we'll see.

Scorp
08-04-2011, 08:17 PM
You should of seen what I was doing behind the scenes. I beat the kids, dogs, cats, hamsters, fish, grandmother, etc etc.......lol

:cope:...:lol:...:clap:...:popcorn:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM
You can tell everyone is tired of talking about the CBA...we're all to busy talking Steelers to reply to this thread..LOL