PDA

View Full Version : Limas Sweed says No Need For Plaxico, Im The Tall Receiver

StlersGuy
08-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Sweed: ‘I’m the tall receiver this team needs’
With the Steelers losing out on Free Agent WR Plaxico Burress and the talk of the Steelers needing a big receiver, Limas Sweed has something to say.
“I am that guy,” said Sweed, a 6-foot-4, 220-pounder who is entering his fourth season with the club. “That’s how I like to look at it. It’s just a matter of me showing my teammates and my coaches that I am that guy.”
Sweed did not play in 2010 after injuring the Achilles tendon in his left leg. In addition to the injury, Sweed had been dealing with some emotional issues for much of the past two years. He was placed on the Reserve/Non-Football Illness List late in the 2009 season.
Sweed, a second-round selection in the 2008 draft, has to make an impact during camp to earn a roster spot. The Steelers have four established receivers in Hines Ward, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown. Sweed will be in a battle with a slew of other receivers for a roster spot.
“I just come in like I’m a rookie,” Sweed said. “I’m coming off an injury. I battled some off-the-field issues the past couple of years, which held me back. I’m grateful the Steelers were there to work with me and get me through that. I’m back in my right mind mentally and physically. Now it’s time to just go play, let the chips fall where they may.” Link (http://www.thesteelersblog.com/2011/08/04/limas-sweed-says-no-need-for-plaxico-im-the-tall-receiver/)

SteelDad
08-04-2011, 04:00 PM
OK Limas. Stop getting hurt and catch the damn ball then you can be the man. Prove me wrong!

LatrobePA
08-04-2011, 04:00 PM
F yea Sweed, get you some swagger!!

LarryNJ
08-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Swagger? I like dads idea better! :lol:

StlersGuy
08-04-2011, 04:08 PM
Cliford Franklin = Limas Sweed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZtSA9lGfk8

LatrobePA
08-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Swagger? I like dads idea better! :lol:

Just a hint??? lol

Scorp
08-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes Lima Beans Sweed. Catch the damn ball and stay healthy. Or stay healthy so you can practice on catching then holding onto the ball.

Big T
08-04-2011, 04:35 PM
I have faith. I've said it the last 3 years lol. If he says healthy, he'll contribute. I think his head is finally in the right place.

LatrobePA
08-04-2011, 04:38 PM
I have faith. I've said it the last 3 years lol. If he says healthy, he'll contribute. I think his head is finally in the right place.

Yes, he's got the talent to be special..

K Train
08-04-2011, 04:38 PM
yeah im fairly sure its time to dominate for him

igor0190
08-04-2011, 05:05 PM
yeah im fairly sure its time to dominate for him

Love the attitude... He's got all the tools, just gotta stay healthy and keep working hard.

Could be a huge boost to the team this year, especially because he'd a different type of receiver than what we have on our roster. (not a slot guy)

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Time to put up or shut up dude. That means you stay on the field, stay out of the trainers room, and catch the damn ball! No excuses, no explanations, everybody knows it's long overdue to see the 2nd round pick start producing on the field. There's nothing that any of us would like to see more than to see this kid have a great year.

StlersGuy
08-04-2011, 05:25 PM

He has the potential just needs to Catch the Damn Ball

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro

SteelCurtain68
08-04-2011, 05:33 PM
He needs to step up & be that tall receiver.

steelchamp204
08-04-2011, 05:54 PM
This is HIS seaons Im telling ya, all he needs to do is make one simple 5 yard catch and it on!!

Farrior Fan
08-04-2011, 06:16 PM
This is HIS seaons Im telling ya, all he needs to do is make one simple 5 yard catch and it on!!

I agree, if he catches the first pass thrown to him the the reg season the crowd should go nuts. If he drops it I'm afraid that Ben may never throw his way again. Lots of reps in camp Limas, make it automatic.

K- I could actually see the sarcasm oozing through my keyboard

Rampage
08-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm confident in Sweed this season. He has nowhere to go but up, so I think he'll be a surprise.

K Train
08-04-2011, 06:43 PM
no sarcasm, ive been a very patient sweed supporter. i think reps will do him wonders, live game reps too

Blazedby92
08-04-2011, 06:52 PM
The "Crow" is in the oven, cause someones eating it this season.

Honestly hope it's me but not believing it.

StlersGuy
08-04-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm 1000% confident I will not be eating crow this year cause Sweed will Sweed it..

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk Pro

andyg1984
08-04-2011, 07:45 PM
we should give him give him 10 or so targets in the first two pre-season games .. we will know right away if he is ready to go ..

totally pulling for him, would be a great feel good story ..

DanRooney
08-04-2011, 09:48 PM
This is HIS seaons Im telling ya!!

Haven't heard that before :clap:

greennick
08-04-2011, 10:03 PM
I just can't see him coming through. Seen and heard it all before from him, so prefer to keep expectations low.

igor0190
08-05-2011, 01:35 AM
I just watched the Limas Sweed interview on Steelers.com.... He's a big dude. The perfect, missing compliment to our wide receiver group. :thinking: What could be if Limas seizes this opportunity and lives up this potential.

Wallace, Sweed, on the outsides with Sanders in the slot. Our top 3 WR's could be set for many years to come.

Thisoneguy555
08-05-2011, 08:00 AM
When he catches a ball, I'll believe him.

I don't care how tall you are, or how high you can jump, a receiver is useless if he has 2 left feet for hands.

TampaSteelGirl
08-05-2011, 08:57 AM

This is what Im hoping for...hopefulling he'll stop looking at the camera and look where the ball is.....oh and catch it too!!:yellowthumb:

jpele
08-05-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm pulling for Sweed to make it but if not ....why not see if he can play corner ? Then we'd have two corners that can't catch. :lol:

ejsteeler
08-05-2011, 10:37 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if he moved up the depth chart this year.......unfortunately, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't make the team as well. I'm hoping for the first one though. Good problem to have with too many good receivers.

MDSteel15
08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm pulling for Sweed to make it but if not ....why not see if he can play corner ? Then we'd have two corners that can't catch. :lol:

:thinking: Not a bad thought! We've seen him knock the **** out of guys on special teams....

Nolrog
08-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Sweed at his press conference was firm in his contention that he's the tall speedy receiver the team needs. He then dropped the microphone. . . . .

TampaSteelGirl
08-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Sweed at his press conference was firm in his contention that he's the tall speedy receiver the team needs. He then dropped the microphone. . . . .

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

connecticutsteel
08-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Although he hasn't produced i would be kind of pissed that everyone was talking about how they need a tall reciever

Blazedby92
08-05-2011, 11:55 PM
We do!!! he can't catch
Use it to motivate, he shouldn't be pissed,the smaller receivers should, either way they all can use it

coldrolled
08-06-2011, 06:35 AM
We do!!! he can't catch
Use it to motivate, he shouldn't be pissed,the smaller receivers should, either way they all can use it

Who was the receiver that dropped a TD last year that would have beat us?

He was wide open right...

What was his name? Is he still in the NFL?

This is Sweeds last chance im sure. But lets see how he comes back mentally.

Hopefully he does, we can surely use an inexpensive tall-fast reciever.

FA is obviously not in our DNA....

Clevelandsux
08-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Sweed sucks. Lets cut our losses, and save a roster spot.

K Train
08-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Sweed sucks. Lets cut our losses, and save a roster spot.

bite your tongue, hes gonna dominate this year lol

chisteeler
08-06-2011, 11:29 AM
The Front Office could always send him to Dr. Santino...lol

BlitzburghRockCity
08-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Sweed is still not back at practice full time as of yesterday. He is participating lightly in drills but not 100%. Every day lost for him a potential day to make a name for himself. The fact that the Steelers are still looking at veteran WR's tells you they aren't completely content with the group they have. By that I mean that Sanders has been injured, Ward is just coming back now. There is a wealth of talent but lack of experience at that position.

steelersgal86
08-09-2011, 02:30 PM
as long as he cant catch and hold onto the ball he should be just fine :greengrin:

Lunchbucket
08-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Like the commercial says,Limas,Just Do IT.

LarryNJ
08-09-2011, 04:05 PM
There is a wealth of talent but lack of experience at that position.

That's very true although I think they are more concerned about the injuries than the experience.

jpbucco
08-09-2011, 04:44 PM

Steve Johnson, their # 1 WR.

steelcitysfinestXL
08-09-2011, 05:52 PM

Yeah its Steve Johnson and he actually is a damn good wr! I know he went for close to 10/100/1000 (tds/catches/yards) last year. I too fully support Limas Sweed. I think he has been VERY unlucky to say the least. BUT, he DOMINATES coverage and has all the physical tools to be a damn good WR for years to come!!!

Blazedby92
08-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Just lacks the skill to set him apart from the other wr's, How to CATCH, mental or not, it's not teachable.

Never questioned his other skills, just the important one that separates him from WR or CB.

Wish hr would pan out, trust me on that one, I'll eat crow happily

DIESELMAN
08-09-2011, 11:56 PM
It seems like every season we have this talk. Some hoping and praying he lives up to his potential, others say cut him. There are plenty of WR's in the league who take what little break they can get and make the most of it and succeed in the NFL. Its a shame that "potential" but no results takes up a roster spot for someone who could contribute. All the down time from one injury to another, hasn't this cat learned to get and stay in shape so won't have these "injuries"? All talk and no walk!!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.956662,-86.075379
- Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk

Steel Trap86
08-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Everybody saying "I still want to see what Sweed can do" for all these years, is going to see it in pre-season. He'll be out there if he is healthy enough. A sprained shoulder might hold him back long enough to get cut though.

pimplydan
08-10-2011, 01:07 AM
That video was really funny , thank you steelerguy I haven't laughed like that for some time.
I sort of gave up on the guy (Sweed) long time ago really ,I don't know why he even has a chance for being there.
But that's O.K ,maybe he is the real deal , me I doubt it , but love to be proved wrong .
I like the strides Sanders and Brown have taken to be on the roster , I love the 2 of them .
You have to step up when called upon ,Brown and Sanders did that , I think if Sanders didn't get hurt in the superbowl , he could have changed the outcome .
I will never forget Browns catch on the helmet vs the Ravens , I freaked out , that was amazing , Brown won my heart with that catch forever !!!!!

LatrobePA
08-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Sweed told reporters this hurt from the sideline! lol

I'm off his fanclub!

Blazedby92
08-10-2011, 10:39 AM

Not even a good comparision, Stevie can catch, he dropped one Game winner not even comparable to Sweed 4 years, 7 catches 69 yards 0 TDs

TampaSteelGirl
08-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Im not buying what he's selling...I don't want to hear anything out of his mouth until I see results..

Blazedby92
08-17-2011, 10:17 AM
HOT CROW here, get your hot crow!!!