PDA

View Full Version : Fellow fans I could use some advice.

TheBigCat
08-03-2011, 03:03 PM
I have been born and bred as a Steelers fan, the only problem is I live in Oklahoma.

But now I have been able to get tickets for the Pirates vs Cardinals game on the 17th and the Steelers vs Eagles preseason game the following day. I was wondering if I could get some first hand advice on places to see, eat, and visit on this two day trip.

Also if there is any inside advice about gamedays(like the places to be or when to get to, Heinz, etc.)

Also my girlfriend(and an Eagles fan...go figure) is coming along so if anyone knows of places we could go for her to shop that would be convenient to get to by taking the 'T' since we are not renting a car. And I know she has had a problem getting harrased at cowboys games in dallas against Philly since she was wearing an Eagles shirt. Would she be ok at heinz wearing an eagles shirt.

RIVERS OF STEEL
08-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Hide your girl friend. Just kidding.

steelersbabex25
08-03-2011, 05:18 PM
She should be ok, especially because it's a preseason game. A lot of people have come on here asking if fans of other teams will get beat at Heinz Field, and as far as I know they've all come back on and posted that the fans were nothing but nice. Some drunks obviously might get a little rowdy, but nothing to really worry about.

Go to the strip district/Primanti's gameday. Obviously.

airbrake 1
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
you'll be fine....expect to get some good natured ribbing because of the eagles shirt, but no one should bother you...if you run in an intoxicated person walk away immediately don't try to confront them...but this would be rare...i've been going to games for close to 25 years and have rarely seen someone in a visitors shirt get more than good natured ribbing...go to station square for some shopping, you can also take the boat over to the stadium from there, i think it's around $10 round trip....you can also head further down carson street from station square and end up in south side...there's more bars and restaurants there than anywhere in the city...the strip district is a great place to walk around shop and eat....go to peppi's between 17th and 18th streets...hands down the best sandwiches in pittsburgh, primanti's is a tourist trap i worked in the strip for nearly ten years at a warehouse 2 blocks from primanti's and only ate there 3 times during those 10 years...Rolands in the strip has a pretty good imported beer selection and good atmosphere on the weekends