PDA

View Full Version : Who would you like to see get more playing time this year for the Steelers?

steelchamp204
08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I would like to see Sylvester get alot more playing time this year. I think he needs it and also for us to see what we will get out of him. Hes a good special teams guy but this guy needs some downs to play on.I really wish they would get him in about 5-10 snaps a game. Just to give to give some breathers to our backers. But I really think this guy is gonna turn out really good for us. Just needs some opportunities.

Rampage
08-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Sylvester is definitely my numero uno. I'd also like to see Butler and Brown get some reps in the secondary.

cmerrifield
08-03-2011, 03:22 PM
I would like to see Sylvester get alot more playing time this year. I think he needs it and alos for us to see what we will get out of him. Hes a good special teams guy but this guy needs some downs to play on.I really wish they would get him in about 5-10 snaps a game. Just to give to give some breathers to our backers. But I really think this guy is gonna turn out really good for us. Just needs som oportunities.

Me too, except I would like Farrior to be the guy that comes out in the nickel D and SS go in for him, or play 3-3-3-2 nickel and leave the front three guys in instead of having Hampton come out. I just think Farrior is too much of a liability in the passing game.

steelchamp204
08-03-2011, 03:54 PM
I think Farrior this year is gonna kill us tbh. He gets burned to easy with the pass anymore. I am not a huge fan of his and his days are def done in Pitt. I just think hes gonna hurt us this year. I hope not but that is my gut feeling.

StlersGuy
08-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Antonio Brown

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Sly Sylvester - You have to think that Lebeau is going to get this kid on the field for some solid work this year. Even with James Farrior having a good year in 2010, the future is Sylvester so lets see what he can do.

Crezdon Butler - The entire Steeler Nation seems to be drinking the Butler Kool-aid; I would probably say myself included. Even with limited time last year he showed a lot coming out of college. I'd love to see him take over a starting spot or atleast the NB position and run with it.

Isaac Redman - Tomlin always talks about running his feature back until the wheels fall off. Even when seeing how that affected Willie Parker (granted Parker got injured) he still runs Mendenhall the majority of the time. Now as a starter you expect him to get the lions share of the carries, however rather than spelling Mendenhall with Moore, lets see if Redman is able to carry a heavier load.

K Train
08-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Slyvester- Was the reason we cut Bailey on ST last year after bailey was the steelers ROY the previous year, he has a nose for the ball, is fearless, and scrappy....he needs to get reps on defense....let timmons (who seems to have transformed into a legitimate monster over the last 2 offseasons) take farriors MACK spot and let sly take timmons BUCK spot and allow them to make magic together

A.Brown With sanders being out 3 weeks (brown is better anyway) this is his opportunity, he needs playing time...hes another fearless player that gets so fired up and is not afraid to mix it up with other players

C.Brown I just think hes gonna be amazing, stud NB from day one and eventual #2...sooner rather than later imo

Butler just a player i want to see what he has, at either FS or CB...i dont give a ****

TampaSteelGirl
08-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Redman and Legursky :yellowthumb:

jpele
08-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Troy Polamalu, if he get more playing time it means he's healthy.

And like everyone else, Antonio Brown , Sly Stevenson , Limas Sweed (Its your last chance)

I wouls also like to see Cam Heyward get on the field.

mos07
08-03-2011, 05:36 PM
Butler..........Marcus Gilbert..........Curtis Brown...........Jason Worilds

K Train
08-03-2011, 05:40 PM
i have zero faith in jason worilds to do anything but suck...just saying

Farrior Fan
08-03-2011, 05:49 PM
Sly, hes gonna beast the NFL. Even though it will come at the expense of my screenname. I think Crez will get plenty of PT, he will be a stud. Brown will become the clear #2, guy has balls speed and great hands. My other vote is anyone on the oline that can step up.

--- Added 8/3/2011 at 03:49 PM ---

i have zero faith in jason worilds to do anything but suck...just saying

You are crazy, our young OLB will be good (not great) hopefully we don't have to see him much

Blazedby92
08-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Butler-someone has to step up in this secondary
Sly-Farrior you were good, Thank you
Gilbert/Legs-Need to have pouncey 2011 even good is better than Scott and since(crossfingers) Flo coming back and Colon to RG Legs can take over Kemo's job

steelersbabex25
08-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Brown, Sanders, Redman..all pretty obvious answers. They all do nothing but good things when they have the ball.

harpo
08-04-2011, 12:51 PM
This team needs to get younger on both sides of the ball, so the following is who I would like to see get PT:

Antonio Brown - Time to phase Hines Ward out

Steve Sylvester - Time to phase Farrior out

Cam Heyward - Time to phase Keisel out

Marcus Gilbert - Opportunity is knocking at your door. Please answer.

Crezdon Butler - Time to phase Clark out

Curtis Brown - Opportunity is knocking at your door. Please answer the door because the secondary SUCKS!!!

UKSTEELER
08-04-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm not holding my breath, . . .

but Sly and Redman ought to be used a lot more . . .

we should have had Sly playing in the SB instead of Farrior on passing downs, . . . every down basically!!! :evilshake:

MDSteel15
08-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Butler, Brown, Sanders and any OL that can stay healthy!!!

Scorp
08-05-2011, 01:26 AM
Whoever does not produce will obviously get no damn play. Guess we'll see the first few games.