PDA

View Full Version : Doug Legursky......

TampaSteelGirl
08-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Is anyone else excited about hopefully Doug Legursky starting?? I mean anywhere else other than center.

I was so impressed with him when Pouncey went out..any thoughts?

LatrobePA
08-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I love the polish boy but he was NO Pouncey, he held his own but maybe at G and BU C...

connecticutsteel
08-03-2011, 11:46 AM
I agree he's no Pouncey but who is at this point even his twin will have to prove he's as good . Legs will be our floater at guard and center maybe occasional Fullback

TampaSteelGirl
08-03-2011, 11:48 AM
I was thinking Guard too...Oh I was definatley not thinking he was better than Pouncey but I was so impressed how well he did given the big shoes to fill during SB. I'd just like to see him on the line somewhere..I like this guy! :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
08-03-2011, 11:50 AM
I was thinking Guard too...Oh I was definatley not thinking he was better than Pouncey but I was so impressed how well he did given the big shoes to fill during SB. I'd just like to see him on the line somewhere..I like this guy! :yellowthumb:

I loved when they had him line up as FB, loved it!

Rampage
08-03-2011, 12:08 PM
I'd rather see him at LG than Kemoeatu. At least Legursky has an excellent strength to size ratio.

K Train
08-03-2011, 12:09 PM
i dont think he starts, but im starting to think hes one of the better backups in the league and is a hammer as a GL FB

jpele
08-03-2011, 12:11 PM
I'd rather see him at LG than Kemoeatu. At least Legursky has an excellent strength to size ratio.

Yea but Kemo gets us more holding calls. :greengrin:

Rampage
08-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Yea but Kemo gets us more holding calls. :greengrin:

Do you know a better way to keep your QB upright? I mean, other than having sound technical skill and physical ability.

:lol:

Blazedby92
08-03-2011, 02:04 PM
Kemo=Idiot

cmerrifield
08-03-2011, 02:21 PM
Kemo=Idiot

But at least an aggressive idiot who wants to kill the guy he is assigned to block or anyone else on the other team. That's a good attitude for a lineman.

Rampage
08-03-2011, 02:23 PM
But at least an aggressive idiot who wants to kill the guy he is assigned to block or anyone else on the other team. That's a good attitude for a lineman.

Only problem is that he typically gets to a block about two seconds too late.

K Train
08-03-2011, 02:32 PM

misconception...thats how he used to be, watch him play now. he used to actually try to injure the player he was blovking which was awesome even if he wasn hurting his assignment at least his fat *** was getting in the way AND he was hurting someone.

now he just blows, i wish the jets signed him 2 years ago

Big T
08-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Love seeing Legursky line up at FB on the goal line. He'a got a surprisingly quick first step.

TampaSteelGirl
08-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Love seeing Legursky line up at FB on the goal line. He'a got a surprisingly quick first step.

I think so...I don't know why..this guy just excites me!! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2011, 03:35 PM
i dont think he starts, but im starting to think hes one of the better backups in the league and is a hammer as a GL FB

Yeah I don't think he'll get the start either yet, although I'm sure he'll be in the mix at RG.

There is no doubt we would have been royally screwed in 2010 if Doug had not been on the roster and been able to step in and play every position on the line. He literally did so, and multiple times last year. There's no doubt in my mind he's one of the best utility lineman in the league. There was literally nobody else that could have pulled off playing Center when Pouncey went down. Coming in during that Jets game and then right into the Super Bowl against some of the best lineman in the league.

An unsung hero on the Steelers overall to say the least.

TampaSteelGirl
08-03-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeah I don't think he'll get the start either yet, although I'm sure he'll be in the mix at RG.

There is no doubt we would have been royally screwed in 2010 if Doug had not been on the roster and been able to step in and play every position on the line. He literally did so, and multiple times last year. There's no doubt in my mind he's one of the best utility lineman in the league. There was literally nobody else that could have pulled off playing Center when Pouncey went down. Coming in during that Jets game and then right into the Super Bowl against some of the best lineman in the league.

An unsung hero on the Steelers overall to say the least.

Just reading this Matt just brings a tear to my eye....this guy is for real! :yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
08-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I do like him and he really impressed me..but I hope we don't see him at center again for a long time.

Zachintosh66
08-03-2011, 10:26 PM
tisk... scrub... just a stop gap, will never be an effective starter

TampaSteelGirl
08-04-2011, 10:25 AM
tisk... scrub... just a stop gap, will never be an effective starter

Ummm what??? Who pissed in your cheerios???? "Dislike"

Zachintosh66
08-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Ummm what??? Who pissed in your cheerios???? "Dislike"

i dont care for him, never have... just my opinion

BlitzburghRockCity
08-04-2011, 03:34 PM
If the Steelers are able to keep Legursky around in a utility role, that would be ideal. Remember he's still young so he may grown into a really good Guard at some point. Perhaps his role in the NFL will be the ultimate backup, and that's not such a bad thing. He's valuable none the less, if I were the Steelers I would make sure I lock him up before he hits the market a few years from now.

Rampage
08-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Am I alone thinking that he would be a better LG than Kemoeatu? Definitely cheaper and more physically fit.

harpo
08-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Am I alone thinking that he would be a better LG than Kemoeatu? Definitely cheaper and more physically fit.

Nope, you're not alone.

Mr. Goosemahn
08-05-2011, 02:19 AM

Cheaper yeah, but a better LG than Kemo? Eh, I'm not so sure.

Legursky might be better in small-space situations, like goal-line plays, due to the fact that he's shorter and can get underneath opponents easier. Add in the fact that he's very strong and very stout, and he's great at that. That's why he's looked like a good player when at center for us, because he's constantly kept at the top of the pocket and he excels there.

He's rarely asked to pull like Maurkice or Kemo, because 1. that's not a strength for him and 2. there's no reason to have him try it with these other guys on the team.

Kemo is a great run-blocker and ****-poor in pass protection at the same time. You'd think that a guy as strong and brutishly powerful as him (in the run game) would translate some of that to the passing game, but he does not. He turns into a little bitch, TBH. I've seen him get pushed back into the pocket way too many times. That being said, he is a very useful blocker during running plays, and he's one of the better pullers in the league (when it comes to 330+ lbs. offensive linemen). He's great at locking on to a guy and taking him out. That's basically the reason Kemo is a starter, and that's basically the one play people know him for, lol.

Ultimately, I think Legursky would be an okay guard, but a good center. Unfortunately for him we found our center for the next decade in Maurkice P., so barring any injury, he's not climbing up the depth chart. I'd love to keep him around as a versatile interior offensive lineman, but I don't think he'd be an immediate upgrade over what we have right now.

If anything, I'd rather have Keith Williams compete with Kemo, based on what I've been reading from TC reports. Or maybe compete with Foster, as Foster is somewhat of a poor man's Kemo.

Clevelandsux
08-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I agree that there needs to be a place on the oline for legursky. He played well in the SB as center. He was not the reason we lost, contrary to some people opinions. I like this guy.

uclkyle
08-07-2011, 02:14 AM

Couldn't agree more. I wanna see Kemo get cut. Too many mental errors, penalties, missed assignments, ect.

Clevelandsux
08-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Can't cut Kemo. I still think he is one of our better lineman. But yes I do agree, too many mental errors.

SteelersWoman
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
I do like him and he really impressed me..but I hope we don't see him at center again for a long time.

I couldn't agree more! :yesnod:

Troyisabeast_43
08-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Who starts on the o-line at this point?? Hopefully Gilbert can get healthy and get some reps and make a strong case for getting some playing time...

K Train
08-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Can't cut Kemo. I still think he is one of our better lineman. But yes I do agree, too many mental errors.

hes easily one of the worst now that hartwig is gone...only one id say is more pathetic is jonathan scott