PDA

View Full Version : Miller Restructures His Contract

StlersGuy
08-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Story (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/08/03/miller-restructures-his-contract/) :tt02::yellowthumb:

PITTSBURGH (KDKA)- Another member of the Pittsburgh Steelers has agreed to restructure his current contract.

Scott Brown of the Pittsburgh Tribune Review was the first (http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/08/03/miller-restructures-his-contract/#) to report that tight end Heath Miller is restructuring his deal in order to help the team’s salary cap situation.
Back in 2009, the Steelers signed Miller to a 6-year, $35.3 million extension that included a $12.5 signing bonus.

No word on what Miller has agreed to change but his 2011 salary cap hit was scheduled to be $5.6 million.

Miller joins Ben Roethlisberger, James Harrison, Chris Kemoeatu and Brett Keisel as players that are attempting to help the franchise.

TampaSteelGirl
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
LOVE This guy!!!!!!! HOpe he's a Steeler for life!!!!

LatrobePA
08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
Guys stepping up big time, gotta love it!

PsychoWard
08-03-2011, 10:55 AM
Very cool!! Way to go Heath!

ejsteeler
08-03-2011, 02:00 PM
Ok, it's no secret I'm a homer but seriously, how many other teams would have this many players stepping up to help the team like this? Maybe it happens more than I know but I'm proud of those guys and hope it pays off big this year. :cope:

Rampage
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Glad to see more cap space being freed up.

JensK
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Man.. This new cap is proving to be costly for many NFL owners. I'm happy that they are willing to do so though.

Rampage
08-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Man.. This new cap is proving to be costly for many NFL owners. I'm happy that they are willing to do so though.

As we're seeing it with the Steelers, it probably isn't much of an issue to "front" some of the money to bigger name players that have been consistent. I'm sure the players are liking it.

JensK
08-03-2011, 02:18 PM
As we're seeing it with the Steelers, it probably isn't much of an issue to "front" some of the money to bigger name players that have been consistent. I'm sure the players are liking it.

I'm sure the players are loving it because it is money which they most likely woulda never earned, seeing almost all contracts have most of the money bound in the last couple of years, which usually is the time where either new deals are made, or the player gets cut.

StlersGuy
08-03-2011, 02:34 PM

It seems to affects us more then some, look at the Eagles they have signed just about everyone out there and still can sign more..

Goodfrom55
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
More mature team that "gets it". Not to mention, it's not like they're losing money here; just allocated differently to be more cap friendly.