PDA

View Full Version : Flozell Adams, not Max Starks could be coming back

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
The Steelers might bring back one of the tackles they cut, but it won't be Max Starks .
It appears the team has little interest in re-signing Starks, who had been their starting left tackle, because he is overweight and out of shape, a source told the Post-Gazette. It is more likely they could re-sign right tackle Flozell Adams if he doesn't sign with another team.

If they do, it is possible they will move right tackle Willie Colon to right guard -- something they have been reluctant to do because of their style of offense. But, more teams in the AFC North are playing a 4-3 defensive front which would allow the Steelers to better utilize Colon's skills as a run-blocker.

Adams, 36, had one year remaining on a two-year, $10 million contract he signed before the 2010 season. But the team released him when they re-signed Colon because Adams said he wanted to be a starter, not a backup

Read more: (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11215/1164705-66.stm#ixzz1TxtnbbGo)

coldrolled
08-03-2011, 08:53 AM
there are no other Tackles on the market??

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2011, 09:01 AM
I don't think the team is interested in bringing in an outsider at this point if they can possibly help it. If the right name popped up for the right price then sure, but I would imagine Flozell would be their first choice. He knows the offense and could step right back in at LT.

LatrobePA
08-03-2011, 09:27 AM
They must of watched lots of film and realized Max is a big pillow that get's owned any giving Sunday.

K Train
08-03-2011, 09:28 AM
If they do, it is possible they will move right tackle Willie Colon to right guard --

i win

/end thread

connecticutsteel
08-03-2011, 11:35 AM
Flozell will be a human penalty flag a left guard the main reason is he is deaf in his right ear.
Before being released by the cowboys Adams had 64 false start penalties in his last 29 starts with the cowboys . YIKES!

LatrobePA
08-03-2011, 11:40 AM
Flozell will be a human penalty flag a left guard the main reason is he is deaf in his right ear.
Before being released by the cowboys Adams had 64 false start penalties in his last 29 starts with the cowboys . YIKES!

He'll stay on the right for sure...I have faith in the new line coach!

UKSTEELER
08-03-2011, 12:21 PM
I like Foster at RG, he came on well down the stretch, Colon back at RT and give Scott the back-up role.
:helmet:

Raleigh Steel
08-03-2011, 12:21 PM
so are we set with scott at LT?

LatrobePA
08-03-2011, 12:47 PM
so are we set with scott at LT?

I'd say yes unless he's beat out..

Black@Gold Forever32
08-03-2011, 12:54 PM
i win

/end thread

They should have moved him to RG years ago....I can't believe they might finally do this.....lol I think Colon could kick *** at OG........Some question if he can pull well enough but OG is what Colon is best suited for......

Blazedby92
08-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I'd say yes unless he's beat out..

Kemo would be better at LT then Scott, come on Gilbert be our Pouncey for 2011:crossfingers:

Gilbert/Foster/Pouncey/Colon/Adams
or /Legs/

K Train
08-03-2011, 01:04 PM
im praying for gilbert to be studly

K Train
08-03-2011, 01:05 PM
Kemo would be better at LT then Scott

lets not get TOO carried away

connecticutsteel
08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Kemo could never play LT

Rampage
08-03-2011, 01:06 PM
Can we just go with Pouncey - Colon - Adams on o-line with an extra back and TE?

JensK
08-03-2011, 02:07 PM
The very thought of having kemo playing LT is enough to make me cry a little bit inside. Those sack numbers which we've put up with for the last few years would seem like heaven compared to what would happen... Suggs would probably set a new single season sack record over the course of those two games :/

Blazedby92
08-03-2011, 02:56 PM
lets not get TOO carried away

Kemo could never play LT

The very thought of having kemo playing LT is enough to make me cry a little bit inside. Those sack numbers which we've put up with for the last few years would seem like heaven compared to what would happen... Suggs would probably set a new single season sack record over the course of those two games :/

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just being sarcatic, sorry, don't even care for him at guard:eek1:

Just showing you guys how much I like Scott at LT, they are both PATHETIC