PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Sanders out 3 weeks

Big T
08-02-2011, 11:40 AM
According to Ed Bouchette.

@EdBouchette: Emmanuel sandera out for3 weeks

@EdBouchette: Sanders had injection in left foot taking bone marrow from his heel to speed healing process

@EdBouchette: #steelers could be in trouble at WR with news about Emmanuel Sanders. He had surgery on his left foot 12 weeks ago did not heal as expected
As much as this absolutey sucks, it may be Sweed's opportunity.

The Steelers lost a chance to add Plaxico Burress to their wide receiving corps Sunday and now they've lost Emmanuel Sanders for at least the next three weeks.
Sanders, who became their No. 3 wide receiver as a rookie last season, is walking on crutches and his left foot is in a boot after a procedure to help it heal. Sanders caught 28 passes as a rookie, 12 of them in the final three games as he became a more favorite target of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger.

But his right foot was broken in the Super Bowl and he wound up having surgery to repair breaks in both feet. The most recent surgery, on his left foot, was done 12-13 weeks ago. He reported to camp and ran the first day and practiced the second but began having problems with his foot.

He described the prodecure that was done on his left foot on Monday in which bone marrow was removed through his heal and then injected in his foot to speed the recovery.

Veteran receiver Hines Ward remains on the physically unable to perform list as his thumb continues to recover from surgery. Veteran Antwaan Randle El was released before camp began last Thursday.

TampaSteelGirl
08-02-2011, 11:41 AM
OMG say it isn't so!!! I didn't get a tweet from Sanders yet about this!!!!!! :thud:

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2011, 11:45 AM
If it's going to happen, it's better that it happens now. If this is his ticket to healing up then let him sit out training camp and be ready for season opener.

If this lingers on though, there will be some questions at WR suddenly for the Steelers. Not so much with the starting 3 because Wallace, Ward, and Brown will be ready. With the 4 and 5 WR sets that Arians runs though, things could be questionablet to say the least.

Ward should be ready to go by the start of the season so I'm not worried about him but Sanders has so much to offer I'd hate to see him miss any significant time. This is where Sweed though needs to get healthy and on the field in a hurry. Use this time to make a name for yourself kid, it may be your last chance.

TampaSteelGirl
08-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Big T...Manny didnt' tweet about his injury did he?

LatrobePA
08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
This team will need to sign another WR ASAP, you can't bank on Sweed...

TampaSteelGirl
08-02-2011, 11:57 AM
This team will need to sign another WR ASAP, you can't bank on Sweed...

I would be ok with Steve Smith from the Giants...???? maybe

Big T
08-02-2011, 12:06 PM
All I saw were the tweets from Bouchette. I say if he's gonna be out 3 weeks, keep him out for four. We need him for the season opener. Sweed will get more work in camp and more time in the preseason now. Silver lining I guess.

Root4Stlrs
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
If it's going to happen, it's better that it happens now. If this is his ticket to healing up then let him sit out training camp and be ready for season opener.

If this lingers on though, there will be some questions at WR suddenly for the Steelers. Not so much with the starting 3 because Wallace, Ward, and Brown will be ready. With the 4 and 5 WR sets that Arians runs though, things could be questionablet to say the least.

Ward should be ready to go by the start of the season so I'm not worried about him but Sanders has so much to offer I'd hate to see him miss any significant time. This is where Sweed though needs to get healthy and on the field in a hurry. Use this time to make a name for yourself kid, it may be your last chance.

This is not good news although I am sure Emmanuel will do everything he can to get back on the field as soon as possible. This is an example of how surgery for a fracture isn't necessarily the best thing - that healing on its own can be better as with Ben's injury. I just hope that the treatments he is receiving will speed up the healing process so he can be ready for the season.

TampaSteelGirl
08-02-2011, 12:07 PM
All I saw were the tweets from Bouchette. I say if he's gonna be out 3 weeks, keep him out for four. We need him for the season opener. Sweed will get more work in camp and more time in the preseason now. Silver lining I guess.

Oh ok...P.S. you need spell check :grin1:

Rampage
08-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Unfortunate, but definitely the best time possible for it to happen. I also agree with the idea of holding him out a little while longer to make sure that it has healed properly.

LatrobePA
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Will the white boy get some looks??

TampaSteelGirl
08-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Big T...just got the tweet from manny!! Damn!

@E_Sanders88 Out for awhile but I WiLL come back ready to KILL this season and get #7 This is a minor setback for a major comeback #STEELERNATION.

Big T
08-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Oh ok...P.S. you need spell check :grin1:

Lol I fixed it the second I posted it. iPhone + rushing = disaster lol

Blazedby92
08-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Come on Sweed make me eat Crow, I'll take it while it's hott

Big T
08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Come on Sweed make me eat Crow, I'll take it while it's hott

If he can stay healthy, I believe he will. He has all the tools and has flashed them in the past. He just didnt have his head right. His first year was awful, second year he was lighting up training camp and had a good preseason then the whole depression thing happened, last year was looking promising again until he ruptures his Achilles. I've heard good things so far in camp so I hope he takes this opportunity and runs with it. He'll never have a better opportunity then these next few weeks. He said his head is in the right place now and if it's true, he'll contribute this year.

TampaSteelGirl
08-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Lol I fixed it the second I posted it. iPhone + rushing = disaster lol

I totally understand!! :grin1:

steelersbabex25
08-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Is it possible to not hear bad news for one day?

Big T
08-02-2011, 11:58 PM
According to Emmanuel, this is more a precaution than anything else. It's a separate injury than the broken foot he sustained in the Super Bowl, and it's on the other foot. He said there was a small stress fracture in his left foot. He said it wasnt causing any pain, it was just getting sore from the route running. This is actually pretty good news. Not as bad as I thought. He'll be ready for the regular season for sure. Here's the interview:

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Training-Camp---Emmanuel-Sanders-82/0971f00c-123f-4ab8-94e2-e0a9eff25789