PDA

View Full Version : WR depth for the Steelers - Malcom Floyd?

roosterray
08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
If we can get our Cap under control. I would rather roll the dice with Malcom Floyd then Plexiglass or Sweed. He wouldn't cost too much. Ward and Sanders have early injuries that's too early to count them out, but we need that #4/#5 guy who is tall and can stretch the field.

Height: 6-5 Weight: 225 Age: 29
Catches, yds, avg, long, TD.
37 717 19.4 55 6

What are your opinions of him? I thought he did well in VJackson's absence last year. And if you put these numbers along with Wallace, Ward, and Sanders. WOW.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2011, 12:28 PM
From what we heard they were going after Plax pretty hard core, so that means they are open to having another WR on the roster besides the current group. Ward's injury is not going to be a problem, they knew already he was going to miss some time after the hand surgery.

Sanders foot problems are a bit of a concern though. He is sitting out for a couple days but the fact that he had the surgery several months ago and it's flaring up now makes you wonder if it's going to be a lingering thing going forward. You obviously can't count on Sweed (but you hope he can finally make an impact), so if they do decide to bring in a veteran like Floyd or anyone else, I wouldn't be surprised.

LatrobePA
08-01-2011, 12:31 PM
Floyd would work..

roosterray
08-01-2011, 12:40 PM
He made 1.5 mill in 2009 and 3.1 mill in 2010. Not sure he's a 3 million guy but if he'd come in for 2 mil to play for a title at 29. That would be awesome. We'll find out Aug 4. I think the NFL free agency and resigning will slow down until Thursday.

igor0190
08-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Same old story.... Someone else will pay more than the Steelers.

Callax
08-01-2011, 01:45 PM
As for stats he had last year in FFL, he was great until he got dinged up and VJ came back...
I'd like to see him in black and Gold now that Plexihands is a J-E-T-S (sucksucksuck)...
Pitt does have a tall WR in Wes Lyons on the roster, not fast, but u cannot teach 6'8"!!

Rampage
08-01-2011, 02:11 PM
I wouldn't mind having him, but to continue being a broken record, I would rather see them address depth at CB or OT: Much greater needs than WR for this team.

harpo
08-01-2011, 02:15 PM
From what i'm hearing, the Vikings and Cardinals are the frontrunners to get his services. The Ravens are also in the hunt. He was also on the Jets' radar until they signed Plax.

I think he'll probably end up in Minny. That's where he'll see the most balls thrown his way.

Zachintosh66
08-01-2011, 03:56 PM
didnt need Plax, dont need Floyd. Next! Wouldn't mind Grisham getting his shot...

Blazedby92
08-01-2011, 04:47 PM
As for stats he had last year in FFL, he was great until he got dinged up and VJ came back...
I'd like to see him in black and Gold now that Plexihands is a J-E-T-S (sucksucksuck)...
Pitt does have a tall WR in Wes Lyons on the roster, not fast, but u cannot teach 6'8"!!

Sweed,Taylor,Spaeth all tall can't catch!!!