PDA

View Full Version : Greg Lloyd, Joey Porter, Jack Lambert, or James Harrison

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2011, 10:19 PM
That's quite an epic list of linebackers is it not? The tradition that really started with Jack Lambert from the dynasty era of the 70's, with his take not Sh*t attitude and has continued with great names such as the ones mentioned above over the decades. The tradition of Steeler linebackers is great, not only with names like that but of course with guys like Jack Ham, Mike Merriweather, Earl Holmes, Jason Gildon, Kevin Greene, Levon Kirkland, Chad Brown , James Farrior, Lamarr Woodley just to name a few. For the sake of this conversation though, lets focus on the most intimidating intimidators in the group.

So given the choice, of each player in their prime, who's your pick to have leading your defense into the field of battle on Sunday afternoon? It might not be as easy a question to answer as you think...

http://cbswdsy.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/greg-lloyd.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/134/242/72709428.jpg.20022.0_display_image.jpg

http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/blogs-prod-photos/e/6/4/0/6/e6406ac903934c7338aeb777fcbddee5.jpg

http://www.steelersonly.com/jack_lambert/jack_lambert_picture.jpg

Thisoneguy555
07-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Harrison isn't really a leader, he's just one tough SOB.

I'd take Lambert, even though in today's game he'd be fined every game.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Leader I guess is relative term. Someone who is your emotional spearhead, the guy that makes the big play when you need it, the beast of all beasts from a linebacker standpoint.

lloydfan4life
07-29-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm thinkin' you all KNOW who I'm pickin'!! :greengrin:

(if you're still clueless see my sig)

LatrobePA
07-29-2011, 11:13 PM
58 was a monster!

Harrison is second..

Black@Gold Forever32
07-29-2011, 11:23 PM
You mean Chad Brown not Chad "Toast" Scott...lol

I don't think anybody was nastier or more mean then Greg Lloyd....I can't comment on Lambert since I didn't seen him play........I think Porter was great at pumping up his teammates and really that is why he was so mouthy....lol James Harrison is more like Lloyd and really has shown to be the better player.....But knee injuries robbed Lloyd of so much...I would have loved to seen him play without multiple knee injuries.....I love all three and really would be happy with either them starting at LB for me......

Lunchbucket
07-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Lloyd,Porter,Lambert,and Harrison.collectively and individually---------just plain nasty.......... Picking one over another is like picking your favorite child.LOL

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Lambert had an advantage over the other 3 in that he played the middle. He was all over the field and was always in on the play. You can't go wrong picking any of the four but I'm going old school with Lambert, he helped inspire my love of the STEELERS !!:tt02::tt02:

chisteeler
07-30-2011, 12:43 AM
The game has changed so much from each of these badasses over the years, so I can not take one over the other. I remember watching Lambert play when I was a kid. I was then spoiled with Lloyd and the others, and then I came to expect that every LB that came to the Burgh was suppose to play great...which they have, so the only answer that I can give and actually think that all the addicts will believe, is that it's the organization and coaching! Am I wrong?

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2011, 12:53 AM
You mean Chad Brown not Chad "Toast" Scott...lol

I don't think anybody was nastier or more mean then Greg Lloyd....I can't comment on Lambert since I didn't seen him play........I think Porter was great at pumping up his teammates and really that is why he was so mouthy....lol James Harrison is more like Lloyd and really has shown to be the better player.....But knee injuries robbed Lloyd of so much...I would have loved to seen him play without multiple knee injuries.....I love all three and really would be happy with either them starting at LB for me......

Damn typo, lol, yeah Chad Brown.

Big T
07-30-2011, 01:16 AM
Lloyd,Porter,Lambert,and Harrison.collectively and individually---------just plain nasty.......... Picking one over another is like picking your favorite child.LOL

:plus1:

LarryNJ
07-30-2011, 09:09 AM

This is very true, it would be hard to pick one of those over another. Imo Jack Ham was the best Steeler LB ever. He made not of had the emotion and obviously didn't have the strength of a Harrison but he simply made play after play, year after year.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Just imagine if you could somehow get all 4 of those guys on the field at the same time!!! I mean seriously would they be even able to get through 1 play without being flagged for a personal foul? Or finish 1 game without getting fined? But oh man could you imagine the havoc they would wreak on the field!

Lunchbucket
07-30-2011, 11:51 AM
Just imagine if you could somehow get all 4 of those guys on the field at the same time!!! I mean seriously would they be even able to get through 1 play without being flagged for a personal foul? Or finish 1 game without getting fined? But oh man could you imagine the havoc they would wreak on the field!

Yes .....................But they would knock each other out!:hilarious:Got to agree with LarryNJ ,Jack Ham was the best.

MattyVfromCT
07-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Can I choose all four? Lol. I can't pick just one

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Rampage
07-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Assuming Lambert would be stronger and better conditioned, he would be my favorite prospect. Otherwise, I would have to say Lloyd.

Zachintosh66
07-30-2011, 01:58 PM
jack, greg, joey, james... in that order

roosterray
07-30-2011, 03:09 PM
:yellowthumb::plus1:

Zachintosh66
07-30-2011, 03:19 PM

greg n joey outside, jack n james in the middle... ooooh

Blazedby92
07-30-2011, 04:14 PM

That gives me a Chubby:usa:,:grin2: Ha Ha

tburg68
07-30-2011, 04:52 PM
Jack was the first, remains the best in my mind. He has mythical god like stature to a kid growing up in the '70's like me. He is my favorite Steeler of all time.

Greg Lloyd may not have been appreciated enough.

Lunchbucket
07-30-2011, 05:07 PM

What a sick feeling for any offense past or present to face.Any QB would need an Adult Size Depends........................................... .........Throw in Mean Joe,Mad Dog White,Woodson,Blount,Troy,L.C., to name a few other position players,and the Steelers would be banned from the league forever LOL

Callax
07-30-2011, 05:23 PM
wow soooo close to choose.........
Jack Greg James Joey

BlitzburghRockCity
07-31-2011, 11:54 AM

True, Harrison has played on the inside and still practices some there in the event he's ever needed. That would be the most sick, beyond sick, linebacking corp to ever step on the field.

Center snaps the ball to Quarterback--> Quarterback takes the snap and drops back --> Quarterback is SACKED. Rinse and Repeat....LOL

Dean Denton
07-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Jack is my #1 if we run a 4-3. The others have all played in the 3-4. Porter is the only one that has played inside and outside backer, so I guess I have to say Porter because I dont know who's the coach and what formation we would run. Still, I think Jack is the best player out of the four.

uclkyle
07-31-2011, 09:31 PM
1. Lambert
2. Jack Ham (even though he wasn't an option)
3. Harrison
4. Lloyd
5. Kevin Greene (even though he wasn't an option)
6. Porter